The Printing House

The Printing House Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
Variable Depending on Location
Depending on who the location management is, and what their approach to work loads is (including organization and assignment of jobs), you can have a really good experience. I father's a bad fit with your manager and yourself, things can be difficult. Upward movement as a career isn't really an option, as the organizational tree is fairly flat. If you're looking for experience or simply to get a pay-cheque, you could do a lot worse in this industry.
Very good company to work for.
I really enjoyed my time working for The Printing House.

Good people, nice working environment, easy to settle in and a very sociable workplace.

I would definitely recommend TPH.
Toxic and careless about people
In my 6+ year it goes like this. The longer you work the less pay you get and the more work you do. Pure slave market and 0 f's given about employee's
Family owned company
Fast paced work environment.
Workplace culture is family oriented.

Learned a lot in doing full cycle payroll.

Need more company incentives, staff training and development
Great Company to Start
Excellent company to learn the basics of print and job processing. Excellent benefits and decent starting pay.

Great environment to grow and learn from with a few positions to move up to.

Excellent to start in but you'll eventually want to move on to something more suitable later
Good pay , benefits ,workers rights but toxic environment.
TPH tops other companies in jobs and pay. However there is a wall you're bound to hit. There is a limit to administrative jobs (there are workers and there is manager no middle ground).
I felt that emphasis on workplace etiquette rules created a toxic environment. People were afraid to speak their mind and if they did someone made sure to complain about what it is they didn't like. Nobody told you in your face what you did or said wrong, everything went on behind your back. And when you have everyone whining to manager about each other, it most likely affects manager as well. The worst thing that can happen is someone filing a law suite against you.

Saying that, prepare doing some managing as well. Managers can't keep up with all the work so project management is often everyone's duty. When you have deadlines it becomes quite stressful.
Pros
Pay, benefits, lunches
Cons
Work culture, management structure
TERRIBLE management
They post jobs under the printing house when it’s for the Globe Restaurant. The owner is a terrible person. She created an incredibly stressful and toxic environment. High turnover at this place. Watch your toes!
Cons
Best Company I have worked for!
Everyday is different. Amazing teams, manager and company. I love that they care so much about the environment and people.
Advancement opportunities are huge with branches from coast to coast.

The owners are very dedicated to the employees and the business. I hope to retire from here.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Printing House?
Gloomy workplace with the 70s style of management
I will not recommend this workplace to anyone. Management is old style 'One boss' rules. The tech is backward and you need to get the boss trust to get access to anything
Pros
short IT cycle for change approval
Cons
management style
I hated it.
I needed a job close to home that paid a decent amount..The management was awful. The job was boring if you’re a graphic designer looking for a challenge this isn’t it. You will learn a lot about printing and card stock but don’t expect to do anything moderately fun. The job is super repetitive with no time to take a break. Overwhelming work load with little to no help from the manager or other designers.
Pros
Friendly coworkers for the most part and good benefits
Cons
Manager created a hostile work environment
Good company Very bad management
Not worth working there, very bad management, very rude, dont treat well, lots of politics .... everyday stress not because of work just people ......
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad management
horrible culture and organization
i dont recommend it. high stress and having all their equipment in other locations isnt a good idea. lots of fighting between managers. he said she said kind of stuff.
good company bad management
Very bad management.... not worth stressing yourself in this kind of environment.

Company is good and wages are okay... good benefits.. some co-workers are nice...
Pros
good pay good benefits
Cons
long hours bad management
Excellent Canadian Owned and Operated Print Services for Small to Medium-sized Business
This was by far one of the better companies I have worked for.

Management is top notch and personable, their customer service is excellent and I have never seen a print job go out that the customer wasn't ultimately satisfied with.

Many repeat clients.

Excellent cross-training in all aspects of the print industry, which furthers efficiency of the operation.
Pros
Excellent opportunities and good focus on long-term careers
Cons
The fast-paced deadline-centric environment may not be for everyone.
Hard work, Fun, easy to learn
Overall, not a bad company to work for. You do not need experience in the field. All you need is a good attitude and if willing to learn you will do fine.

While working you will have a sense of pride everywhere you go when you see the things that you have produced live in action.

It is a fast pace environment that could be stressful at times
Good company very poor management
Good place to work, good and hard working workers, Management is very poor, Management is like Dictators, you cannot say anything, or ask anything. If you ask questions you are done.....
Pros
Good company good benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Good place to work despite management
Overall recommend, but management was lacking during my time there. Enjoyed the work culture, learned many new skills while on the job related to printing.
Pros
great team environment, good benifits
Cons
short lunch, poor managment
Good People
A great place to enter the workforce. Little to no advancement for the average employee, the only room to move up, is to become a branch manager, through their manager advancement program.
Pros
good people
Cons
can be pressured
Enjoyed my time there
The printing industry is amazing and the Printing House is the leader in my opinion. They are cutting edge and seem to be always developing new products to increase their sales. The major drawback to this company is that is really does not have an HR department as it is privately owned and when a new manager comes into a branch, they have every right to let go of all staff.
Pros
learning the technology
Fun and Exciting
Printing industry is really fund and exciting for because everyday is different sometimes it is slow sometimes you don't have time to finish your coffee. Helps me to work under pressure and learned a lot of skills that helps me to improve my creative thinking ever since I work at The Printing House. Working with the team that is really supports each other.
Pros
good benefit
good place to work
easy going people
learnt a lot

nice management

may require to stay after 5pm depending on work load

stressed environment during month end

strict deadlines
Pros
8:30- 5 pm
Cons
no over time pay