The Printing House Employee Reviews

I hated it.
Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON16 April 2019
I needed a job close to home that paid a decent amount..The management was awful. The job was boring if you’re a graphic designer looking for a challenge this isn’t it. You will learn a lot about printing and card stock but don’t expect to do anything moderately fun. The job is super repetitive with no time to take a break. Overwhelming work load with little to no help from the manager or other designers.
Pros
Friendly coworkers for the most part and good benefits
Cons
Manager created a hostile work environment
Good company Very bad management
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
Not worth working there, very bad management, very rude, dont treat well, lots of politics .... everyday stress not because of work just people ......
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad management
horrible culture and organization
Printing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2018
i dont recommend it. high stress and having all their equipment in other locations isnt a good idea. lots of fighting between managers. he said she said kind of stuff.
Excellent Canadian Owned and Operated Print Services for Small to Medium-sized Business
Computer Operator / Prepress technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 October 2018
This was by far one of the better companies I have worked for.

Management is top notch and personable, their customer service is excellent and I have never seen a print job go out that the customer wasn't ultimately satisfied with.

Many repeat clients.

Excellent cross-training in all aspects of the print industry, which furthers efficiency of the operation.
Pros
Excellent opportunities and good focus on long-term careers
Cons
The fast-paced deadline-centric environment may not be for everyone.
Hard work, Fun, easy to learn
Large format Print Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario24 September 2018
Overall, not a bad company to work for. You do not need experience in the field. All you need is a good attitude and if willing to learn you will do fine.

While working you will have a sense of pride everywhere you go when you see the things that you have produced live in action.

It is a fast pace environment that could be stressful at times
Good company very poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Good place to work, good and hard working workers, Management is very poor, Management is like Dictators, you cannot say anything, or ask anything. If you ask questions you are done.....
Pros
Good company good benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Good place to work despite management
Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 May 2018
Overall recommend, but management was lacking during my time there. Enjoyed the work culture, learned many new skills while on the job related to printing.
Pros
great team environment, good benifits
Cons
short lunch, poor managment
Good People
Pre Press (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2018
A great place to enter the workforce. Little to no advancement for the average employee, the only room to move up, is to become a branch manager, through their manager advancement program.
Pros
good people
Cons
can be pressured
Enjoyed my time there
Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2017
The printing industry is amazing and the Printing House is the leader in my opinion. They are cutting edge and seem to be always developing new products to increase their sales. The major drawback to this company is that is really does not have an HR department as it is privately owned and when a new manager comes into a branch, they have every right to let go of all staff.
Pros
learning the technology
Fun and Exciting
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
Printing industry is really fund and exciting for because everyday is different sometimes it is slow sometimes you don't have time to finish your coffee. Helps me to work under pressure and learned a lot of skills that helps me to improve my creative thinking ever since I work at The Printing House. Working with the team that is really supports each other.
Pros
good benefit
good place to work
General accounting/Sr. Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2014
easy going people
learnt a lot
nice management
may require to stay after 5pm depending on work load
stressed environment during month end
strict deadlines
Pros
8:30- 5 pm
Cons
no over time pay
Unique opportunity to promote within
Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2014
I enjoyed The Printing House Limited. I felt the need to pursue what I do best, Graphic Arts and Design.
Great learning experience
Print & Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2013
At TPH we always have full and busy days, with a lot to learn everyday and usually working against the clock to get everything done in time.
Our main goal is to give customer's the best solutions for what they are looking for, and produce the best product with the shortest amount of time.
Caring company to work for.
Finishing/Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2012
A typical day would be to work on several work orders and make deliveries. I learned many different aspects of finishing and binding. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and was treated very well by my manager. The hardest part of the job was having a few orders due at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team member.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
no sick pay