The Police Credit Union

The Police Credit Union Employee Reviews

Very Professional

Well structured organization. Lots to learn. Need to learn to adapt. Lots of responsibilities tied to my role. lots of authoritative duties to conduct and lots of decisions are made from my end in terms lending & mortgage products approved/declined.

Pros

Good people, great work culture

Cons

Salary is not bad but can be improved based upon based on market place.

great place to work and grow

worked in banking for 12 years so far, including the big four banks, working for a credit union really is different and you feel valued more than the larger corporate banks.

Pros

promotions and room for growth

Cons

systems are not as great sometimes

Extremely poor management & unrealistic expectations

I highly do not recommend this company to anyone. During the interview process they have their poker faces on and everything seems good and they talked about their great “benefits” but that’s not the case. (Plus their bonuses are pennies compared elsewhere) Their thinking and systems are very old school so if you come from a bigger financial institution it will be even a bigger challenge especially in the lending department. They don’t care about their members unless you have a sufficient amount of money which really bothered me as I believe everyone is equal. They don’t see the value in their members as much as they don’t in their employees. The training is pretty much non existent. They throw you in quickly and expect you to know everything in a short period of time with no direction. There is an extremely high turn around! If you haven’t been there for 5-10+ years they see you as disposable and they have zero regard for your feelings and it’s like constantly walking on eggshells. They have unrealistic expectations for sales and their employees. Management doesn’t have the personality or skills to be in a management positions. It’s their way or the highway. Extremely manipulative and untrustworthy environment. I’m writing this review to save someone from making the mistake of accepting a job here like I once did and others I know who have quit or been fired without valid reasoning. If you accept, you will see the truth in my review sooner than later.

Pros

No Pros

A backward Company

Very old fashioned work practisesStill working like it is the 90'sNot open to new ideasNot open to new technologyLike to hire family members Works in a silo environmentDo not like "outsiders"

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Closed minded and slow to change

Productive and good work place environment

Great balance of work and family time. One of the best places to work. Benefits and salary are above par. Encouraging HR staff to help with advancement.

They're growing!

They expect excellent service to members. The members can have tough work events, and this team is expected to be sensitive to the challenges caused by their jobs. The management is in the process of growth, and that can often cause delays in how things get done, but they try to be transparent as they move forward. There is some favoritism here and there, but if you work hard, it's recognized.

Compassion and benefits

The company offers great benefits, composition, diversity and flexibility. Priority focus is customer services and their member. It's a state of the art location.

Work Experience

Started from the lowest position and through hard work and continued education reached up to the loans officer job. Excellent experience working with The Poluce credit union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Police Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement