The Pint Public House Employee Reviews

fun atmosphere
Prep Cook / Salad Maker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2019
Co-workers were great. The chef was amazing, but he was cutting work hours without our consent. The company was so professional. I was happy to work there. The only big problem was that we were working without a break.
Pros
free launches
Cons
no break
Great place to work but has a lot of potential that goes unrealized
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto29 March 2019
This place used to be a mad house under the original management team. Then, we got a new management team and things got a lot better. I love working here but the management, which is actually not bad by any means, isn't focused on the right stuff. They keep telling us that we need to cut back on labour, but they've hired DJs for an industry night that they're not paying attention to and musicians that aren't great on Wednesday nights for after the dinner rush is over. Not sure how much they're getting paid but I don't think that money is being put to good use when we need other more important things like more help on the floor during busy times. Would also be nice if they stuck to the new things they try to implement like Shift leaders, etc. Consistency is something that we're struggling with.
Pros
Great staff, managers are easy to work with, flexible schedules, celebrities come in sometimes, make lots of money during Jays games.
Cons
management team lacks focus, wing wednesdays actually bad for business, corperate events that get booked often flop (not management's fault, but they need to find better clientele)
Awful place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
First, this restaurant is a food factory instead of an actual restaurant. No one is trained properly and any rules the managers set out to make are quickly broken as soon as it's convenient for the managers to do so. The managers do not care about the employees well being either, as servers constantly go through doubles and fifteen hour shifts with no breaks. The only reason worth while for staying would be the coworkers, but even then there is drama. Not only that but the event planning team is atrocious when it comes to updating kitchen management with upcoming parties.

No one on the management team can ever give a single straight answer, they all have different answers, boast open door policies and then the moment someone has the same question as someone else they get snapped at.
Pros
Free meals for kitchen staff
Cons
Long hours, poor management
great money maker
Server (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2018
Always busy, minus the summertime can be on the slow side. But once Canucks are playing and the weather gets cold the place gets packed. Always making good tips. All the servers and bartenders work together to get through the crazyness but honestly you shift goes by sooo quickly when it's nuts. Good crowd comes out too, especially on game nights. Managers are good at making sure not to schedule you outside your availability, or they ask permission. That's why it's a good work/life balance type place.
Pros
Managers buy you a drink after a hectic shift
Cons
dress code, all black gets boring
Exciting place to work and meet new people
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2018
This place is always busy, so you're never bored. They have so many front of house and back of house staff that it's easy to meet new people, especially if you're not from Vancouver. Lots of staff events and parties, and 99% of the time staff are sticking around after their shift to have a drink together.
Cons
sometimes long hours, but on slow nights mgmt is good at cutting
Waste of time
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2018
If you want to be consistently lead on, lied to and meant to do other people's woek. Enjoy! The managers luckily work 3 days a week and never really see 8 hours..
Pros
Free Beer, often over orders so many free meals
Cons
Being Lied to, non-existent communication between FOH and BOH
Not a great job
FOOD RUNNER/BARBACK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2018
I enjoy the amount of hours I am given on a weekly schedule,I appreciate getting schedule only on my available days.

A typical shift at work is me being the only one schedule,I run around 100 orders mainly by myself.

Management has some work to do,the GM is great he just needs a better manager staff to make his job better.The floor managers do not care at all.

Working here is pretty fun,my co-workers are very chilled people.

Hardest part of my job is the amount of work I do and how little I get a break.

Most enjoyable part of my job is clocking out.
Pros
Free food, ok money, cool co-workers
Cons
You feel like you are by yourself
Not Bad
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2018
Fun place to work. Management was great. Would recommend. Serving people and being around guests was ideal for someone in the industry. Pretty slow days and busy nights
Overcrowded Restuarant with chaotic rushes
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 June 2018
Disorganized, understaffed and poor communication between Front of house and Back of house teams. Will overwork you and not respect your life/work balance.
Not a great place to work at
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Honestly, very unprofessional work environment that approves of after work alcohol consumption. Management team turn over rate is extremely high (4 AGM’s in 4 months)
Good way to make $$$
Food Runner/Hostes/Promo (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2018
I worked 5 -8 hrs a day, 5 days a week
I started working here when it first opened June 2017. I was a food runner. Crazy busy before/after jays games. Busy when the Rogers Centre has concerts as well. Crazy busy during Metallica.

Too many employees(servers) complaing how stressful the job is. Do ur job right, know ur tables numbers, ur job wont be stressful & the food runners wont make themselves look bad in front of customers when taking food to the "wrong table"

Management team doesn't know what they are doing. Overstaffed, don't need to be hiring more then needed, not enough tipout $$$
As a food runner wasn't trained at all & wasn't trained on table numbers in till the day first day of public opening. Basically thrown to the wolves. Employees that worked the hardest & did the best job went unnoticed & under appericated. My job was great in till I was fired by Chad Hubbs the manager who let me go because the owners & new district manager wanted to "lower costs"
Pros
free food manager bought me, lots of hours
Cons
Bad manangement, lazy coworkers, not enough $$$
Overall experence
Lead Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2018
The Pint was a fun atmosphere for the most part, but was poorly managed as well. There were several instances of mismanagement with the staff as well as outside vendors. It was a fun place to hang out after work though.
Wouldn't Recommend
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2017
Slow kitchen, slow bar service, and a management team that cares more about what's in it for them than investing in running a functional establishment. Hours were all over the place, and business was incredibly slow for a location right next to Rogers Centre, home of the Jays. Not to mention an incredibly high tip-out that hurts the pocket after working hard for hours and days on end.

Otherwise, It was a fun team of hard working employees to work with. Even though I don't think they realize their hard work goes unnoticed and underappreciated. Sometimes the money was good on occasional busy days.

I wouldn't recommend this place at all. There's a lot better establishments to work for. Don't waste your time here.
Pros
Large restaurant with a decent sports bar ambiance, decent hours sometimes, could be good if your a student like me who needs a flexible schedule, decent food and prices, cool daily specials.
Cons
Everything else.
fun place to work
server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 August 2017
-Fun environment to work to work in
-The management is great
-Difficult clientele at times because of the partying
-Late hours on the club nights
-Good money
-Party scene
Fun atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 April 2017
Love working for such a fun company. I am almost graduated school and working for the pint has made it easy with the flexible hours and social involvement.
Extremely busy, but casually skirted several labour laws
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 December 2016
Expect to work ridiculous hours (often 12+ with the odd clopen thrown in) and often get shorted on paychecks. Staff turnover was high, with little to no training to be had. Very stressful, with management often not having your back.
Pleasant place to work minus the unnecessary stress on game nights while I was working there, with way too many people in kitchenThis may have changed
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 October 2016
Blah. It was really unorganized with kitchen staff. Adding new people when other people didn't have to come in at all. This was during the opening so it may have drastically changed since my departure.
Pros
Environment and free lunch