The PIC Group Employee Reviews

third party inspection company
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Guelph ON Canada11 March 2018
PIC is a USA based company and have a small setup in Canada It has a call centre for clients and some inspection work is carried out in this facility.satisfactory and enjoyable environment and lot of room to learn. It is a company which deals with the third party inspection for clients. It is a good company to work. It has office in USA also.
Pros
lot of work
Cons
less salary
Always on road
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 February 2018
Meet new challenge everyday, Immediate action necessary. New tasks, new people almost every week. Challenging job. Prepared yourself to face all sort of scenario.
No work life balance.
Supervisor, Automotive Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 January 2018
Very demanding hours. There were weeks I had to work 7 days a week 12 hour days. I would receive calls at all hours of the night and expected to respond. Benefits and wages were cut for the employees each year.
Lead Hand Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 December 2017
Employee's are diverse. I would inspect automotive parts for major company. Often transferred to another location. Flexible with daily schedule and providing leadership.
Bad Company To Work For.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON24 November 2017
The PIC Group expects you to work 6 days a week and not have a life. I've worked there with hardly any training as a Lead Hand Supervisor.

First, I was offered the job and they provided me online modules to read on your own time. When you're done working a 10 to 12 hour shift, all you want to do is sleep. You have no time to read the training material.

If you are planning on advancing and moving up to Management, you better be ready for it because they will work you to the bone and expect you to know everything. They DO NOT properly train you! I was expected to go to their main office to complete the modules and I was literally left alone by myself.

As a Supevisor, you will be doing most of the work on your own. They expect you to know the facility (plant) itself when you don't where the work is being done.
They expect you to know where the sorts are and the assembly lines are. They expect you to know the contracts of each job that needs to be done and time constraints are a major issue and they expect you to train the employee's when you don't know where or what is.

There is NO proper time management with The PIC Group. There is NO Proper training!

This is not a safe place to work at!

When your (team) shift fails, you get the blame for your teams mistakes.

They make you feel like incompetent, unworthy, helpless, useless, and it isn't your fault for improper training practices.

How can you do this job when inspectors expect you to know everything when you don't know yourself with what is when not properly trained.

When a company is not training
  more... you properly, you might want to reconsider about working for them.  less
Pros
Cons
Improper training practices, unsafe work environment, long hours
fun workplace
Part Time Employment (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 November 2017
packed letters every day got coffees for every one cleaned the office that was my typical day at work and the hardest part of the job was barely interacting with people
Und
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 October 2017
Pathetic excuse for a company, managers are convicted pedophile or worse if that's possible. Bill there customers top dollar and pay minimum wages and tell their customers otherwise. Avoid this company at all costs your wasting your time .
Pros
Cons
Yes they all are.
Mind Numbing
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 September 2017
Unbelievable to be called inspectors. Working with company less than a month has showed me what a waste of time buying a car from GM is. Inspectors making minimum wage should not be called an inspector. I guess it is better than working in a fast food place
Pros
Better than fast food chain
Cons
nothing
working with different automotive plants in different places
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 August 2017
Lots of room to learn. But poor salary and poor management. Lots of opportunity for over time. Better for gathering experience in different automotive plants and for future progress.
Pros
overtime scope
Cons
bad office culture
Good place to get your feet wet
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 June 2017
Interesting work experience with lots of trials. Requiring you to go and do anything with high focus on customer satisfaction. You need to be a self starter and be able to work independently with little supervision for many clients. Do to the nature of the business and how fluid the work environment was management was sometimes lacking and hard to get a response from on the off shifts leaving you with little guidance. Some customers required more service then others and at times there is friction when things don't go their way which you will have to deal with.This gave me an appreciation for sales and management positions.
Pros
Variety in work types
Cons
Hard working conditions some times
only contract work
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2017
when i got a job from them it was great but when the contract ends you have to wait fir them to find you one and it could be weeks until they find you another job
good work enviorment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 June 2017
This group help me to improve my skill and help me to gain Canadian experience. they give opportunity fresher student to work in real kind industrial environment.
Good people.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 May 2017
I truly enjoyed working with the people at this job.
Work culture was great.
Typical day included checking GM parts.
Work was not consistent though and it did not pay very well.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not enough work. Did not pay very well
Nice management.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 April 2017
Nice company with good management. The job is boring, but if you have a cool co-worker, it could really be worth it. The pay is just above minimum wage, which isn't good.
Very low wages, boring repetitive work, unsteady weekly hours.
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 April 2017
Company has a low-paying policy. Reimbursement paid for gas/mileage does not cover your gas. Shift hours are unsteady as it is termed 'on call' job. Payment are made bi-weekly and you get the paycheque 12 days after the last day of your work for that paycheque. When you start the job, you will get your pay one month after.
Pros
Very low wages, boring work, unsteady weeky hours
Inspecter
Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON13 March 2017
The Pic group no good!! They keep hiring but don't have work for their employees that was there before. I would worn people that the pay and their job is b***s**t!!
So be aware that when u get hired you might get called. I was employed in 2014 and it wasn't too bad but when I got hurt on the job site then things change. It was my fault that it happened wrong. A part fell off the table and I tried to catch it. I haven't worked in over 3 weeks but they still hire people and they keep saying no work!!!!
Decent
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 February 2017
Productive, fun work place.
It was easy to get along with the management
They gave all the proper information and structure and knowledge needed for the job aswell as other tactics.
The Pic Group is a third party that works for General Motors, after the gm, lay off, work became unsteady.
Pros
No high stress, requires focus
Cons
Unsteady
Good
Quality control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON16 December 2016
Good working environment. Coworkers and supervisors are good. I am working through employment agency. But It is slow and shortage of work. That is why looking for another job.
very busy environment, every day different.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 December 2016
I enjoyed working here, as every day was different from the last.
had the opportunity to work with various people and departments, and was able to adapt to an ever changing environment.
Pros
meeting new people
Casual Workplace
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 November 2016
Hours are not confirmed as the work on site may finish and you may not be called for work next day. Therefore, daily planning changes based on the call recieved from work.
Pros
Cons
Unconfirmed hours