The PIC Group Employee Reviews

Fun workplace!!!
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 February 2019
Its an inspection job for mechanical parts i.e. input shaft. Its easy task but you need to work hard all day because of the pressure of inspection more parts in the given time.
Pros
Interesting coworkers, good pay, fairly easy work
Cons
There aren't any
I love this place if work was not so slow at the time I would have stayed
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 January 2019
If you guys are hiring please take me into consideration I would love to work for you guys again it was my favourite place to work and I say that with confidence please consider me
Pros
Amazing people to work with. Fun environment it’s not stressful
Cons
There are none
Amazing place to work at
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa27 December 2018
I worked for this company about 8 yrs ago and I have to say that it was the best company I've ever worked for the employes were awesome to work for so we're the bosses it felt like a. family to me and the work was fun in my opinion I would love to work for you guys again
Pros
Feels like family it's fun
Cons
There aren't any
Fun workplace!!!
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 November 2018
Its a inspection job for mechanical parts i.e. input shaft. Its easy task but you need to work hard all day because of the pressure of inspection more parts in the given time.
Interesting work, involved management
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 October 2018
Great job, great pay, great management!
Fast paced but not uncomfortable work. Management is always trying to improve working conditions so thats a plus! Flexible scheduling and communicative HR
Pros
Interesting coworkers, good pay, fairly easy work
Cons
Sometimes dirty jobs, repetitive work
quality based work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 October 2018
Worked as a quality inspector, main duties were to check parts like gear, gear parts and engine coverings. Great learning environment, learned new everyday.
productive and knowledgeable if interested in industry culture
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 September 2018
employees have fun working part-time/full-time with different industries having different automobile/aviation production units that help to explore engineering minds.
Gap filler
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 September 2018
No one looks at pic as a career, it fills a gap when you don't have a job and need one immediately. You walk in and you'll be working that same day. Thats all they offer
good learning environment
Ontario - Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 July 2018
Always learning something new everyday there, hands on, always busy and the supervisors are really nice and accommodating to work with, overall its good experience.
Excellent place for work in short term
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 June 2018
Its a noramally on call job.
So whenever they call you if your schedule is on on that day you have to go for inspection whereever they send you.
PIC generally works to inspect automotive parts.
The management are very professional and friendly.Employee can share their evrything.
The main hardest part of this job is that it is very uncertain job.
Working in PIC is very fun due its friendly environment.
Pros
PIC gives you breaks allowence and shoe allowence
Cons
Uncertain job

Want to know more about The PIC Group?

Ask a question
Job sucks
Part Inspector (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON5 June 2018
Managers suck they dont help you with anything you are on your own...Their favourite people go on breaks as many times as they want!!! Lots of DRAMA!! No appreciation for the people that actually put an effort!!
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Sucks
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 June 2018
Will never go back. on call hours. no available hours. horrible jobs. not enough money. no job security. no benefits. not worth the work. under appreciated.
It was not a fun temp to work for
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON1 June 2018
Never gave enough hours. When you would go into work they would let you work for a bit then tell you to go home. They would have you work a couple of days then not call you back for a couple of weeks.
Cons
Supervisor was not nice at all
Overall it was a good experience working with trigo The pic as the working atmosphere is safe and exciting.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON5 May 2018
Working with TRIGO THE PIC group was excellent because of its techniques and quality checking methods. the working environment was safe with job security. The hardest part of the job was that tough filing work I did for 8 hours during few shifts.
Pros
paid brakes
Cons
sometimes heavy lifting work and rework
third party inspection company
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Guelph ON Canada11 March 2018
PIC is a USA based company and have a small setup in Canada It has a call centre for clients and some inspection work is carried out in this facility.satisfactory and enjoyable environment and lot of room to learn. It is a company which deals with the third party inspection for clients. It is a good company to work. It has office in USA also.
Pros
lot of work
Cons
less salary
Always on road
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 February 2018
Meet new challenge everyday, Immediate action necessary. New tasks, new people almost every week. Challenging job. Prepared yourself to face all sort of scenario.
No work life balance.
Supervisor, Automotive Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 January 2018
Very demanding hours. There were weeks I had to work 7 days a week 12 hour days. I would receive calls at all hours of the night and expected to respond. Benefits and wages were cut for the employees each year.
Lead Hand Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 December 2017
Employee's are diverse. I would inspect automotive parts for major company. Often transferred to another location. Flexible with daily schedule and providing leadership.
Bad Company To Work For.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON24 November 2017
The PIC Group expects you to work 6 days a week and not have a life. I've worked there with hardly any training as a Lead Hand Supervisor.

First, I was offered the job and they provided me online modules to read on your own time. When you're done working a 10 to 12 hour shift, all you want to do is sleep. You have no time to read the training material.

If you are planning on advancing and moving up to Management, you better be ready for it because they will work you to the bone and expect you to know everything. They DO NOT properly train you! I was expected to go to their main office to complete the modules and I was literally left alone by myself.

As a Supevisor, you will be doing most of the work on your own. They expect you to know the facility (plant) itself when you don't where the work is being done.
They expect you to know where the sorts are and the assembly lines are. They expect you to know the contracts of each job that needs to be done and time constraints are a major issue and they expect you to train the employee's when you don't know where or what is.

There is NO proper time management with The PIC Group. There is NO Proper training!

This is not a safe place to work at!

When your (team) shift fails, you get the blame for your teams mistakes.

They make you feel like incompetent, unworthy, helpless, useless, and it isn't your fault for improper training practices.

How can you do this job when inspectors expect you to know everything when you don't know yourself with what is when not properly trained.

When a company is not training
  more... you properly, you might want to reconsider about working for them.  less
Pros
Cons
Improper training practices, unsafe work environment, long hours
fun workplace
Part Time Employment (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 November 2017
packed letters every day got coffees for every one cleaned the office that was my typical day at work and the hardest part of the job was barely interacting with people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The PIC Group. Our community is ready to answer.