The Peak Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Interesting work and friendly colleagues
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 August 2018
It's good to be a part of Peak. It is a very successful and ambitious company, and all the team members are doing their best to deliver good customer service and help each other.

The company provides funds for education, excellent benefits, and opportunities to take on more responsibilities. There is a clear pathway for promotion. Many of my colleagues have grown into management and senior management roles.
Pros
Management rewards good performance
Cons
Better internal communication about the work of different departments
Warm and great work environment.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON8 September 2018
To be brief, although the nature of the job can be quite stressful. I truly enjoyed working for this company.

They management was amazing and are at this moment, the best management team I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

The company is small, as such, decisions and solutions can be made very quickly. Additionally, communication within the office is always easy and encouraged. Therefore, you will never be left to deal with a problem on your own should you need help.
Pros
Take care of their employees
Cons
Can be repetitive work depending on your position
Young and great room for carreer growth
Procurement Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
A typical day at work is a dynamic and fast pace environment where I learned to act promptly and work with multicultural people. The management is very supportive and the culture of the company is based on respect, team work and mutual trust.

The hardest part of the job is to exceed customer expectations with high quality service, product and price.

The most enjoyable part of my job is strengthen the relationship with internal and external stakeholders and always support our teams to suceed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Seasonal sensitive
Field Operations (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 August 2018
A great place:)
Account Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 July 2018
I appreciate The Peak offers a chance to the person who does not have any related work experience like me. As a student that needs to start from scratch, it is so frustrated to find a job that require no experience regarding to work. But The Peak does, and so I am inputting my best commitment with the company for a mutual growth.

Since now I have received sufficient support for work and the management is willing to guide on the task as I questioned.

Overall it is a nice place to work!
Pros
Willingness of offering
Cons
Long distance to commute
A true family atmosphere
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 July 2018
I have never seen or experienced such a wonderful, fun, family atmosphere until I started working for Peak Installations. Like a true family, they would accommodate your needs and facilitate your requests to the best of their abilities. Like a business, they would pay you respectfully for your hard work and keep things professional yet eventful at the office! The co-workers I have dealt with outside my workplace (other call centers or offices), are all brilliant human beings who would share my silly demeanor and boisterous outlook on life through the phone, and tag along in my nutty humour. What more could an employee like me ask for?
Pros
Paid 30 minute lunch break, multiple mini-breaks to get some fresh air or clear your mind, fun and helpful team
Cons
No access to wifi
Fast paced progressive company
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 April 2018
+Company has vast spectrum of global business interests - many opportunities to learn and grow a career

+High upward mobility - promotions and bonuses - if self motivated and focused

+Longer term employees tend to be the very best at what they do

+Management is reliable, honest and hardworking

-Richmond office can be a little business-minded and could try to lighten the mood

-Not a place for people who must have structure and look for continuous management
Pros
Great opportunities for self driven people
Cons
Less structure
Great Place with Lots of Opportunities
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 July 2018
-great people who value team work and mutual growth and professional development
-great learning opportunities
-management is supportive of new ideas
-great mentors
For initiators, not for the lazy!
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 August 2018
Interesting, dynamic, and challenging work. It's great for people who know how to take initiative, step-up to the plate, and challenge themselves to take on tasks that they'll have to learn and work through. Not for the lazy or people who just do the minimum.
Pros
Lots of challenge
Cons
A bit far for most people to commute to
Amazing and inspiring company
Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 April 2018
Peak is an amazingly inspiring company to work for. The company is fast paced and very forward thinking. The company works closely with Home Depot and they are very customer focused. They manufacture and supply many products to Home Depot as well as being a major install service provider for Home Depot. Not a great company for lazy people but very rewarding for harder workers looking for a career.
Pros
Great leadership and always growing
Cons
Fast paced
Stay away
Outside sakes (Former Employee) –  Canada10 March 2018
This company expects you to be a contractor and within a month of training they will decide to terminate you or hire you. That's guys have gone through multiple people in the last year and have screwed many individuals. I would only apply if I was recently in the industry to catch lieing remarks
Pros
3 months off a year
Cons
No job security
Great place to work, constantly innovative, exciting future with lots of growth.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 April 2017
The Peak culture is work hard, but have fun doing so! Everyone's very busy - the workload is typically pretty large - but because you're treated so well and the support from the team is so strong, it's not a problem.

We have a lot of very tenured, committed managers, which we all appreciate, and we're especially aware this is a company which is going places. We all want to be part of that growth.

The partnership with Home Depot has really helped put Peak on the map, only this means the expectations for 'best in class' service delivery are very high.

Peak respects everyone's need to strike an appropriate 'work/life' balance, which is appreciated, but generally speaking I see everyone being very committed to their work, and their team.

The office is also conveniently located - lots of free parking available and we're close to shops/restaurants.
Pros
Exciting future/opportunity for growth, great location, interesting work
Cons
Access to transit is a bit limited
Poor upper management
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Ownership/CEO/Head office management completely unorganized
As an employee you are simply a number/not a name
CEO/upper management show no couth in the treament of emplotees
Pros
GM was great to deal with
Cons
No gratitude/don't compensate for OT or out-of-town work
Workplace Environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2014
I have learned many tasks working with Peak installations, this is where I have obtained most/all of my experience in the administrative/ clerical background.
A typical day would include tasks such as installer invoicing, sales representative invoicing, filing, organizing along with other various tasks and duties.
The hardest part of the job would be the limitations. I would love nothing more than to help the clients more than I can, however as the project coordinator I can only do so much without manager approval.
The enjoyable part is when I am able to do what I can and things co-ordinate well with clients and everyone is happy! Also knowing that the installers can count on me when they need advice or help is a great feeling.
Pros
the people I deal with on a regular basis, the reliability of my manager
Cons
not being able to fully satisfy everyone.
An exciting company to work for
Saff member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 April 2017
The company is growing fast, which creates opportunities for employees to grow our careers and take on interesting projects.

The leadership is caring and supportive of employee development.
Love them
Bilingual Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2015
I would never have left if it wasn't that I needed to move out of the province for personal reasons. Boss are great. Small business, big family. Always growing and you are a part of that. People easy to work with. The pay is good and the job is manageable. All the support you need from management. You are never ever left stranded with an issue.
Hard, stressful work for a starter job
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 May 2017
The job is tough and you certainly take it home with you. Best thing about it is that's the people I worked with were amazing. Overall this company sees that customer comes first.
Pros
You're always busy
Cons
Customers
peak
customer service (Former Employee) –  richmond hill29 November 2013
n/aa typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Efficient and well organized
Seasonal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
Peak Installations was a lot of organizing and keeping track of customers orders and complaints on behalf of home depot, assisting the lead administrator
Sub contracted for Home Depot storm doors and windows
Seasonal Temp Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2017
It was a laid back but very progressive work environment made it very easy to work and to focus and get job requirements done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Peak Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

The Peak Group of Companies Reviews by Location