The Peak Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Blessed to be working at Peak!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON8 February 2019
As a new immigrant looking for a stable job and life, I couldn't have asked for a better job. My day goes by smoothly. My job is challenging but there is never unnecessary pressure from the supervisors. They are very understanding and accommodating.

The one thing that I absolutely love about my job is the people I am working with. They are kind, honest, genuine and nice people. They are my family here.

I have learnt so much at this job that the list is too long!

I do not find anything in particular about my job that I would term as 'hard' or 'difficult'. However, I do find myself a little helpless because a lot of third parties are involved and thus I am not able to update my customers with the latest information.

I find my job very enjoyable overall. I cannot wait for Mondays so that I can go back to work and the entire week just flies by.

In short, I am super happy and satisfied at my job.
Pros
There is free food almost everyday - sweets, pizza, coffee, hot chocolate! Ah! I love it! The kitchen is very well equipped - refridgerator, microwave, oven, toaster, coffee maker, water kettle, bottled water and cutlery.
Cons
So far I cannot think of any cons.
Amazing company to work for!!
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 February 2019
Peak is an ambitious company with real opportunities. There is ample opportunity to enhance your skills. Peak surely is a goal-driven company and has an amazing culture. Friendly coworkers, great support from management, good opportunities for career development are just a few things you can find here.
Pros
High energy, great people and incredible career growth opportunities
It's a pleasure to work at Peak!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 February 2019
I've been working for more than twenty years in various employers, I'd say Peak is one of best employers I've ever worked for. The company is very goal-driven and it cultivates team work that promotes great cross-functional learning opportunities. Employees are hard working, responsive and dedicated, and they are fun to work with!

It's great to see that some colleagues have been happily working here for 5, 10 to 20 years, while new opportunities are also available for great talents like experienced professionals and university students. The best part is they all work well together, whether it's for work-related projects, or in supporting charitable activities and team events! It's a pleasure to work at Peak!
Pros
A progressive company with great learning and career opportunities if you are up for the challenge.
Cons
It is a fast-paced environment so must do things in an effective and efficient manner.
Great company!
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 January 2019
A talented team of individuals from a diverse background. A "yes, can do!" culture driven by a competitive and determined team. Things happen quickly at Peak!
Pros
Fun, exciting and fast-paced environment.
Cons
none come to mind
Home life benefits
In Home Sale consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 January 2019
I home sales consultant was my job. Lots of leads but lead times and cost of product is higher then any other competitor. Makes for a difficult time selling. Management is disorganized and hard to get answers from. Order desk questions most orders placed in turn frustrating customers.

If you like the flexibility of creating your own schedule and making a minimal salary, this place is for you.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary
Friendly workplace with great career development opportunities
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 September 2018
The most rewarding part is the experience and skills I have learned over the years by working at Peak.The support from all levels of the company is unbeatable. Love all my intelligent and friendly coworkers at Peak.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, supportive leadership and rewarding career
Cons
Sometime hard to manage work/life balance
Warm and great work environment.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON8 September 2018
To be brief, although the nature of the job can be quite stressful. I truly enjoyed working for this company.

They management was amazing and are at this moment, the best management team I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

The company is small, as such, decisions and solutions can be made very quickly. Additionally, communication within the office is always easy and encouraged. Therefore, you will never be left to deal with a problem on your own should you need help.
Pros
Take care of their employees
Cons
Can be repetitive work depending on your position
For initiators, not for the lazy!
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 August 2018
Interesting, dynamic, and challenging work. It's great for people who know how to take initiative, step-up to the plate, and challenge themselves to take on tasks that they'll have to learn and work through. Not for the lazy or people who just do the minimum.
Pros
Lots of challenge
Cons
A bit far for most people to commute to
Interesting work and friendly colleagues
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 August 2018
It's good to be a part of Peak. It is a very successful and ambitious company, and all the team members are doing their best to deliver good customer service and help each other.

The company provides funds for education, excellent benefits, and opportunities to take on more responsibilities. There is a clear pathway for promotion. Many of my colleagues have grown into management and senior management roles.
Pros
Management rewards good performance
Cons
Better internal communication about the work of different departments
Field Operations (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 August 2018
Great Place with Lots of Opportunities
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 July 2018
-great people who value team work and mutual growth and professional development
-great learning opportunities
-management is supportive of new ideas
-great mentors
A great place:)
Account Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 July 2018
I appreciate The Peak offers a chance to the person who does not have any related work experience like me. As a student that needs to start from scratch, it is so frustrated to find a job that require no experience regarding to work. But The Peak does, and so I am inputting my best commitment with the company for a mutual growth.

Since now I have received sufficient support for work and the management is willing to guide on the task as I questioned.

Overall it is a nice place to work!
Pros
Willingness of offering
Cons
Long distance to commute
A true family atmosphere
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 July 2018
I have never seen or experienced such a wonderful, fun, family atmosphere until I started working for Peak Installations. Like a true family, they would accommodate your needs and facilitate your requests to the best of their abilities. Like a business, they would pay you respectfully for your hard work and keep things professional yet eventful at the office! The co-workers I have dealt with outside my workplace (other call centers or offices), are all brilliant human beings who would share my silly demeanor and boisterous outlook on life through the phone, and tag along in my nutty humour. What more could an employee like me ask for?
Pros
Paid 30 minute lunch break, multiple mini-breaks to get some fresh air or clear your mind, fun and helpful team
Cons
No access to wifi
Young and great room for carreer growth
Procurement Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
A typical day at work is a dynamic and fast pace environment where I learned to act promptly and work with multicultural people. The management is very supportive and the culture of the company is based on respect, team work and mutual trust.

The hardest part of the job is to exceed customer expectations with high quality service, product and price.

The most enjoyable part of my job is strengthen the relationship with internal and external stakeholders and always support our teams to suceed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Seasonal sensitive
Fast paced progressive company
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 April 2018
+Company has vast spectrum of global business interests - many opportunities to learn and grow a career

+High upward mobility - promotions and bonuses - if self motivated and focused

+Longer term employees tend to be the very best at what they do

+Management is reliable, honest and hardworking

-Richmond office can be a little business-minded and could try to lighten the mood

-Not a place for people who must have structure and look for continuous management
Pros
Great opportunities for self driven people
Cons
Less structure
Amazing and inspiring company
Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 April 2018
Peak is an amazingly inspiring company to work for. The company is fast paced and very forward thinking. The company works closely with Home Depot and they are very customer focused. They manufacture and supply many products to Home Depot as well as being a major install service provider for Home Depot. Not a great company for lazy people but very rewarding for harder workers looking for a career.
Pros
Great leadership and always growing
Cons
Fast paced
Stay away
Outside sakes (Former Employee) –  Canada10 March 2018
This company expects you to be a contractor and within a month of training they will decide to terminate you or hire you. That's guys have gone through multiple people in the last year and have screwed many individuals. I would only apply if I was recently in the industry to catch lieing remarks
Pros
3 months off a year
Cons
No job security
Poor upper management
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Ownership/CEO/Head office management completely unorganized
As an employee you are simply a number/not a name
CEO/upper management show no couth in the treament of emplotees
Pros
GM was great to deal with
Cons
No gratitude/don't compensate for OT or out-of-town work
Hard, stressful work for a starter job
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 May 2017
The job is tough and you certainly take it home with you. Best thing about it is that's the people I worked with were amazing. Overall this company sees that customer comes first.
Pros
You're always busy
Cons
Customers
Efficient and well organized
Seasonal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
Peak Installations was a lot of organizing and keeping track of customers orders and complaints on behalf of home depot, assisting the lead administrator

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Peak Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

The Peak Group of Companies Reviews by Location