The Peak Group of Companies Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fast paced progressive company
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 April 2018
+Company has vast spectrum of global business interests - many opportunities to learn and grow a career

+High upward mobility - promotions and bonuses - if self motivated and focused

+Longer term employees tend to be the very best at what they do

+Management is reliable, honest and hardworking

-Richmond office can be a little business-minded and could try to lighten the mood

-Not a place for people who must have structure and look for continuous management
Pros
Great opportunities for self driven people
Cons
Less structure
Amazing and inspiring company
Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 April 2018
Peak is an amazingly inspiring company to work for. The company is fast paced and very forward thinking. The company works closely with Home Depot and they are very customer focused. They manufacture and supply many products to Home Depot as well as being a major install service provider for Home Depot. Not a great company for lazy people but very rewarding for harder workers looking for a career.
Pros
Great leadership and always growing
Cons
Fast paced
Stay away
Outside sakes (Former Employee) –  Canada10 March 2018
This company expects you to be a contractor and within a month of training they will decide to terminate you or hire you. That's guys have gone through multiple people in the last year and have screwed many individuals. I would only apply if I was recently in the industry to catch lieing remarks
Pros
3 months off a year
Cons
No job security
Poor upper management
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Ownership/CEO/Head office management completely unorganized
As an employee you are simply a number/not a name
CEO/upper management show no couth in the treament of emplotees
Pros
GM was great to deal with
Cons
No gratitude/don't compensate for OT or out-of-town work
Efficient and well organized
Seasonal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
Peak Installations was a lot of organizing and keeping track of customers orders and complaints on behalf of home depot, assisting the lead administrator
An exciting company to work for
Saff member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 April 2017
The company is growing fast, which creates opportunities for employees to grow our careers and take on interesting projects.

The leadership is caring and supportive of employee development.
Great place to work, constantly innovative, exciting future with lots of growth.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 April 2017
The Peak culture is work hard, but have fun doing so! Everyone's very busy - the workload is typically pretty large - but because you're treated so well and the support from the team is so strong, it's not a problem.

We have a lot of very tenured, committed managers, which we all appreciate, and we're especially aware this is a company which is going places. We all want to be part of that growth.

The partnership with Home Depot has really helped put Peak on the map, only this means the expectations for 'best in class' service delivery are very high.

Peak respects everyone's need to strike an appropriate 'work/life' balance, which is appreciated, but generally speaking I see everyone being very committed to their work, and their team.

The office is also conveniently located - lots of free parking available and we're close to shops/restaurants.
Pros
Exciting future/opportunity for growth, great location, interesting work
Cons
Access to transit is a bit limited
Sub contracted for Home Depot storm doors and windows
Seasonal Temp Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2017
It was a laid back but very progressive work environment made it very easy to work and to focus and get job requirements done
not a welcoming company
Order Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 November 2016
difficult co workers and direction and support was non existent.

no training on products provided unless you beg for it and then very weak content
Love them
Bilingual Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2015
I would never have left if it wasn't that I needed to move out of the province for personal reasons. Boss are great. Small business, big family. Always growing and you are a part of that. People easy to work with. The pay is good and the job is manageable. All the support you need from management. You are never ever left stranded with an issue.
Workplace Environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2014
I have learned many tasks working with Peak installations, this is where I have obtained most/all of my experience in the administrative/ clerical background.
A typical day would include tasks such as installer invoicing, sales representative invoicing, filing, organizing along with other various tasks and duties.
The hardest part of the job would be the limitations. I would love nothing more than to help the clients more than I can, however as the project coordinator I can only do so much without manager approval.
The enjoyable part is when I am able to do what I can and things co-ordinate well with clients and everyone is happy! Also knowing that the installers can count on me when they need advice or help is a great feeling.
Pros
the people I deal with on a regular basis, the reliability of my manager
Cons
not being able to fully satisfy everyone.
Fun work place
Sales Executive "Closer" (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2014
Although you have a sales quota to fill, there is no real constraints on how you arrange your own schedule. You can arrange your daily/weekly schedule how it best fits your personal appointments.
peak
customer service (Former Employee) –  richmond hill29 November 2013
n/aa typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Peak Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

The Peak Group of Companies Reviews by Location