The Parkside Hotel & Spa

The Parkside Hotel & Spa Culture reviews

Ratings by categoryClear
Great atmosphere, worked in atrium across from fireplace and coffeeshop. Met lots of people from outside of Victoria. Pay not so good and more bell persons needed. Enjoyed working with most of the staff.
Pros
Lounge atmosphere
Cons
Poor pay
In a typical shift, one may be expected to sort and fold towels, fitted sheets, flat sheets, and any other laundry typically found in 4-star hotel rooms. One will also be expected to load and unload washers and dryers, sort through dirty laundry for stains, remove stains, and collect dirty laundry from the two hotel towers, gym, and spa. The only thing I can really say I learned is how much work goes into making hotels look nice, and what I should expect from hotels I visit. Management was fantastic, able to work my hours around prior commitments. Workplace culture was very kind. The people working at this hotel love what they do, and the hiring team is looking for that. If you aren't totally into housekeeping and laundry, this isn't the job for you, which is why I left. The hardest part of the job would be some of the folding, mostly because it can be heavy and awkward, as well as waiting for machines to finish towards the end of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Everyone is really kind and loves what they do.
Pros
Kind coworkers, understanding scheduling
Cons
Unpaid lunch breaks, occasional back pain from awkward folding