The Original Cakerie Employee Review

View all The Original Cakerie reviews

Some enjoyable products to work on
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC12 February 2017
We work 10.5 hours with a 1/2 lunch, we make various types of cake. The management is very friendly and inclusive with everyone. The work culture is fairly good. The hardest part of the job is the scattered start times, and not having a fixed schedule.
Feeling a part of a team and being somewhat of a family.
Pros
appreciation luncheons every few months
Cons
scattered start time

Other The Original Cakerie Employee Reviews

Fact based and unbias
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC7 February 2019
I will begin with what is good about the company which sadly does not outweigh the negative aspects of working there.

Throughout my employment the Employee Experience/ Human Resources people have always treated me fairly. They try to create a family atmosphere that extends down to the production floor. Despite their efforts, it does not translate to a positive team environment because of the negative attitudes from within. There are some great people who work there who are being alienated by the toxic behaviour of individuals that are unhappy about their working conditions. Specifically in the mixing department, the majority of the longterm employees has resulted into sabotaging recently hired employees to prove their worth. Supervisors are aware of this problem yet maintain to turn a blind eye in fear of losing anymore trained people. They are desperate to hire new mixers instead of dealing with the bigger problem which is well within their control.

I have compassion for the new people hired into the company that have to deal with these preexisting conditions and send my best wishes to the good people who I have met. My message to them is to stay strong and take care.
Pros
Discounts on cake
Cons
Unreliable scheduling/Inconsistent start times/Low employee morale
Workplace Culture
Production Staff (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC15 January 2019
As per my experience from work, I have seen lots of people from different countries and I can say that it really is easier to work with a workplace where you can easily understand your colleagues and you get along with them.
Pros
Free cakes
Cons
No definite time and schedule