The Original Cakerie Employee Review

View all The Original Cakerie reviews

Great place to work. Very friendly and professional individuals & enviroment.
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 July 2017
The communication and support I received from management at The Original Cakerie was outstanding. Benefits are great and I feel that it was a very friendly and professional environment to work in.

I learned many new IT related skills here and found the learning opportunity to be a great one. I enjoyed helping users in the office and production floor which is very clean and organized.

The hardest part of the job was doing a full shift during the day and being on call after that. I found it difficult to wake up at 3 am but being part of IT requires 24/7 support and this also happened very rarely so I don't see it as an issue.

I would recommend The Original Cakerie to anyone.
Pros
Cake Discounts!

Other The Original Cakerie Employee Reviews

Very poor management
FORMER( PRODUCTION] (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2019
I worked at cakerie. It's avery good salary and benefits.But the production manager he dont know how to greet the people,even saying hi or hello nothing.But in front of the big boss his very vocal using his sales talk.BUT IN THE PEOPLE HIS NASTY, UNFAIR.
Pros
Job is not hard.
Cons
The organazitoin are mess up.
Fact based and unbias
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC7 February 2019
I will begin with what is good about the company which sadly does not outweigh the negative aspects of working there.

Throughout my employment the Employee Experience/ Human Resources people have always treated me fairly. They try to create a family atmosphere that extends down to the production floor. Despite their efforts, it does not translate to a positive team environment because of the negative attitudes from within. There are some great people who work there who are being alienated by the toxic behaviour of individuals that are unhappy about their working conditions. Specifically in the mixing department, the majority of the longterm employees has resulted into sabotaging recently hired employees to prove their worth. Supervisors are aware of this problem yet maintain to turn a blind eye in fear of losing anymore trained people. They are desperate to hire new mixers instead of dealing with the bigger problem which is well within their control.

I have compassion for the new people hired into the company that have to deal with these preexisting conditions and send my best wishes to the good people who I have met. My message to them is to stay strong and take care.
Pros
Discounts on cake
Cons
Unreliable scheduling/Inconsistent start times/Low employee morale