The Original Cakerie Employee Review

View all The Original Cakerie reviews

working for this company will take you nowhere
on the floor (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 November 2017
worked for this company and gave it my 110% every time i worked but at the end the person who spends more time in the manager's office gets all the promotions even tho they cant speak english very poorly managed. nobody cares about the work they do specially managements, they make rules on the fly, have no respect treat people that work there like animals.
this place will run it self into the ground.
Pros
free cake in the lunch room
Cons
upper management, planning, favouritism, unfair

Other The Original Cakerie Employee Reviews

Fact based and unbias
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC7 February 2019
I will begin with what is good about the company which sadly does not outweigh the negative aspects of working there.

Throughout my employment the Employee Experience/ Human Resources people have always treated me fairly. They try to create a family atmosphere that extends down to the production floor. Despite their efforts, it does not translate to a positive team environment because of the negative attitudes from within. There are some great people who work there who are being alienated by the toxic behaviour of individuals that are unhappy about their working conditions. Specifically in the mixing department, the majority of the longterm employees has resulted into sabotaging recently hired employees to prove their worth. Supervisors are aware of this problem yet maintain to turn a blind eye in fear of losing anymore trained people. They are desperate to hire new mixers instead of dealing with the bigger problem which is well within their control.

I have compassion for the new people hired into the company that have to deal with these preexisting conditions and send my best wishes to the good people who I have met. My message to them is to stay strong and take care.
Pros
Discounts on cake
Cons
Unreliable scheduling/Inconsistent start times/Low employee morale
Workplace Culture
Production Staff (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC15 January 2019
As per my experience from work, I have seen lots of people from different countries and I can say that it really is easier to work with a workplace where you can easily understand your colleagues and you get along with them.
Pros
Free cakes
Cons
No definite time and schedule