The Original Cakerie Employee Review

View all The Original Cakerie reviews

Don’t be fooled
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 May 2018
This place is a revolving door. They ruin families by promising hours and next thing you know you bring in a 500 pay for two weeks because you don’t get the hours you’re promised. Don’t ever get hurt there either or you’re kicked out. Expect to be treated like garbage and spoken to like you are a child...unless you’re one of the ones who don’t speak a bit of English who just go to work and have no idea people are talking poorly about them. This place is just out to hire the cheapest no fuss labour they can get. They could care less about workers rights and safety.
Pros
Free cake in the lunch room
Cons
No job security, losing fingers and then your job, drama

Other The Original Cakerie Employee Reviews

Fact based and unbias
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC7 February 2019
I will begin with what is good about the company which sadly does not outweigh the negative aspects of working there.

Throughout my employment the Employee Experience/ Human Resources people have always treated me fairly. They try to create a family atmosphere that extends down to the production floor. Despite their efforts, it does not translate to a positive team environment because of the negative attitudes from within. There are some great people who work there who are being alienated by the toxic behaviour of individuals that are unhappy about their working conditions. Specifically in the mixing department, the majority of the longterm employees has resulted into sabotaging recently hired employees to prove their worth. Supervisors are aware of this problem yet maintain to turn a blind eye in fear of losing anymore trained people. They are desperate to hire new mixers instead of dealing with the bigger problem which is well within their control.

I have compassion for the new people hired into the company that have to deal with these preexisting conditions and send my best wishes to the good people who I have met. My message to them is to stay strong and take care.
Pros
Discounts on cake
Cons
Unreliable scheduling/Inconsistent start times/Low employee morale
Workplace Culture
Production Staff (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC15 January 2019
As per my experience from work, I have seen lots of people from different countries and I can say that it really is easier to work with a workplace where you can easily understand your colleagues and you get along with them.
Pros
Free cakes
Cons
No definite time and schedule