The Original Cakerie Employee Review

View all The Original Cakerie reviews

daily humiliation having to recite company moto every morning meeting
Millwright (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 October 2015
I worked here for a year through a temp agency and helped set up this facility only to be told to bring in a resume if i wanted full time employment after a year .Lots of people came and went including plant management.They have no loyalty to employees and have the employment agency attitude.Ask about their 3 month probation and their helicopter management from BC.
Pros
free cake every break expect to gain weight
Cons
no job security just want multi ticketed journeymen for $25/hour

Other The Original Cakerie Employee Reviews

Very poor management
FORMER( PRODUCTION] (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2019
I worked at cakerie. It's avery good salary and benefits.But the production manager he dont know how to greet the people,even saying hi or hello nothing.But in front of the big boss his very vocal using his sales talk.BUT IN THE PEOPLE HIS NASTY, UNFAIR.
Pros
Job is not hard.
Cons
The organazitoin are mess up.
Fact based and unbias
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC7 February 2019
I will begin with what is good about the company which sadly does not outweigh the negative aspects of working there.

Throughout my employment the Employee Experience/ Human Resources people have always treated me fairly. They try to create a family atmosphere that extends down to the production floor. Despite their efforts, it does not translate to a positive team environment because of the negative attitudes from within. There are some great people who work there who are being alienated by the toxic behaviour of individuals that are unhappy about their working conditions. Specifically in the mixing department, the majority of the longterm employees has resulted into sabotaging recently hired employees to prove their worth. Supervisors are aware of this problem yet maintain to turn a blind eye in fear of losing anymore trained people. They are desperate to hire new mixers instead of dealing with the bigger problem which is well within their control.

I have compassion for the new people hired into the company that have to deal with these preexisting conditions and send my best wishes to the good people who I have met. My message to them is to stay strong and take care.
Pros
Discounts on cake
Cons
Unreliable scheduling/Inconsistent start times/Low employee morale