The Original Cakerie Employee Review

View all The Original Cakerie reviews

Very poor management
FORMER( PRODUCTION] (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2019
I worked at cakerie. It's avery good salary and benefits.But the production manager he dont know how to greet the people,even saying hi or hello nothing.But in front of the big boss his very vocal using his sales talk.BUT IN THE PEOPLE HIS NASTY, UNFAIR.
Pros
Job is not hard.
Cons
The organazitoin are mess up.

Other The Original Cakerie Employee Reviews

Not valued!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 June 2019
You will be promised hours and will not receive them. You must be available 3 days but they may not give you 3 days. Hours all over the map! No concern for family commitment or mental and physical health. Morning meetings we are currently being told by supervisor that we are lucky to have a job and if their is a complaint we can leave!!!! We are not valued. Production workers exhausted and don’t have time to stretch. Rushed back from break and many steps to follow to return to placement spot. Everything is about rushing. Team leader treating staff like children when not back in a hurry. Hard to do being we have many steps to do before returning. Very hard to manage job and family. Cake is good and pay is good but job is hard and you are pushed to your limit. Not easy job if you have another part time job. Some nice people but most are so tired and unhappy. They have a RRSP plan in place and a bonus that is good. We have a paid benefit plan but no disability. If you get sick for a long time you are relying on EI. Unfortunately company is not organized and isn’t concerned about the employees life of wellbeing outside the company doors. Would rather you work sick than stay home. Be prepared to be exhausted and work extremely hard for the pay. If you do try and bring up concerns be prepared that you will be made to feel like you are the problem or are told they will get back to you and don’t. All feeling undervalued!!!! Have to work yes... but also need to have energy and be happy.
Very sad and tired
Pros
Rrsp, Pay, Clean environment
Cons
Not valued, hours, lack of concern for employees well being
Productive, Safe work place and Good wage
Cake Decorator, Baker and Packager (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 May 2019
A good place to start with for any employee to be productive, punctual and get good wages. The safety of the employee and also the product consumer is totally safe. The management is very friendly but in some cases they cannot help you much. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Free cakes, Good wages
Cons
Continuous work