The Original Cakerie Employee Reviews in Delta, BC

Workplace Culture
Production Staff (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC15 January 2019
As per my experience from work, I have seen lots of people from different countries and I can say that it really is easier to work with a workplace where you can easily understand your colleagues and you get along with them.
Pros
Free cakes
Cons
No definite time and schedule
Good cake, Horrible job!
Casual Production Employee (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC26 November 2018
Worst place to ever work! Terrible starting hours, mean line leads, cranky co-workers and everything is all about speed. Nobody cares about anyone, it’s all about the cakes!! 12+ years later after a work injury (I was treated like garbage by the Health & Safety Mgr) and I still suffer from my work injury because the line lead wouldn’t move me even though I was crying in pain.
Pros
Free dessert in the break room, if you’re lucky
Cons
Unrealistic expectations on Company growth and vision.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 November 2017
I worked for this Company for a couple of years. In my entire career this was the worst job. Management is clueless and completely incompetent, cannot make a decision, and anything decided one day is completely changed the next.

So much disorganized people and not to mention people filling positions that have no experience in the field of work they were put in. Promotions go to the wrong people because they will play ball with management.

Production Supervisors are totally incompetent and unprofessional; they have not any education or any technical experience, no people skills, lack in training for their product.

Supervisor is only focus at their fast production, human resource is not visible. No employee employer relationship, no worker rights in there. All employees are treated like machines. All they care about is numbers and production.

Unrealistic expectations on Company growth and vision.

Very old systems and very old machineries, costly, time inefficient, reactive maintenance.

Morale and job satisfaction are very low.

The union is very weak. It is playing on both sides but mostly on Company favor.

Don't seek employment with this company if you are looking for a long-term employment in cordial working environment.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Management is clueless and completely incompetent.
Some enjoyable products to work on
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC12 February 2017
We work 10.5 hours with a 1/2 lunch, we make various types of cake. The management is very friendly and inclusive with everyone. The work culture is fairly good. The hardest part of the job is the scattered start times, and not having a fixed schedule.
Feeling a part of a team and being somewhat of a family.
Pros
appreciation luncheons every few months
Cons
scattered start time
fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  delta bc22 July 2015
good place to work,co-worker are nice,i learned how to handle cakes and have a team work to finish a job on time,,good salary and benifits
Pros
free cake to eat
Cons
over time
Maintenance Reliability
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC30 May 2013
Working with IT to determine most appropriate CMMS for Equipment history and failure modes.
Pros
Managable
Cons
Paper Trail