The Organic Box Employee Reviews

Prior to move was nice to work at, do not recommend after move
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2019
Area was moved to a refrigerated storage place a few months ago. Things have not been the same ever since. First off, the place is freezing, it is a must to wear winter clothes. The environment is dark and depressing. Once every 30 minutes the storage fans turn on. They are extremely loud and you have to wear this terrible ear protection that clamps so hard you'll debate whether it's worth it or not to take them off.

Shifts are extremely long. All my shifts have been scheduled for 12 hours, and they all last 12 hours. Regularly we do not even finish on time. You are allowed to leave by law after 12 hours at least, but you may choose to stay if you want. If you do choose to work here, recommend wearing some semi noise cancelling IEMs, under a hood so they do not fall out, and listening to an audiobook. Makes the boring hours somewhat worth it as the job itself is mindlessly easy. Don't blame the line leaders, this place is just tasked with far too much than it can handle.
Pros
Almost guaranteed overtime payment, management is very forgiving if you cannot make a shift
Cons
Freezing, depressing environment, long hours
Long shifts
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2018
Shifts can range from 6 hours to 11 hours.
Learned a lot about different spices, cheeses, and other kind of ingredients.
Workplace can be fun, colleagues try to motivate each other, since days can be very long.
Cons
long hours, standing with steel toes
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
The people are very friendly and it is a wonderful culture. It is fast-paced and very customer driven. The work/life balance is important to the management.
Pros
Friendly People
Wonderful people
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
My days at work are quiet varied, which I enjoy. No two days are the same. They are busy and quiet often long.

My co-workers are wonderful and a large reason that I enjoyed working here. They will be hard to leave.
Pros
Culture and people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Organic Box. Our community is ready to answer.

The Organic Box Reviews by Location