The Old Spaghetti Factory

The Old Spaghetti Factory Employee Reviews

Good place to work as a student. You have the possibility of making a lot of money during the summer months. The staff are usually relaxed and easy going
The Old Spaghetti Factory Saskatoon is quite a toxic environment and this is all thanks to poor management. Managers tend to be mean and rude to workers. They carry themselves in a snooty stuck up “I’m better than you” matter that just ends up hurting the whole work place. Managers tend to make inappropriate work place comments to often young or underaged workers. Romantic relationships between management and workers also damaged the workplace and aided in the creation of the toxic environment.
Pros
Short shifts, tips
Cons
The managers create a toxic work environment
The restaurant is busy and they do expect you to keep up. How ever they are so patient while you are getting used to the fast pace and alway willing to lend a hand. While the job itself can be demanding, I couldn’t have asked for a better or healthier work environment as a server. Management is top shelf, literally the most caring and kind people ever and it create a tickle down effect through out all staff. Everyone is willing to help you when you fall behind, they’re there to listen when a customer is too rude, and the atmosphere is so warm it feels like family. They do their best to look after the staff and I’ve had several free meals because they felt I’ve earned it. If you are hired here, stick it out through the learning process because you will never want to leave.
Pros
Management. Environment. Team attitude. Cheap staff meal. Free incentive meals. Staff discount.
Cons
High paced, high turn over.
Some managers at this location were continuously unprofessional. It is a fast paced environment and there are competitive statistics to keep up with but you did get a cheap meal if you were working (within limitations).
Pros
Decent discounts on food
Cons
Easily the most fun and chilled restaurant that I've ever worked at. Kind management, awesome team, not too much stress because its just spaghetti,
Pros
Cheap staff meals
I found back when I worked at this location managers would be unprofessional and disregard staff. Some of my co-workers would come in high or hung over, I only know that for the Richmond BC location it was a poor experience and I wouldn't recommend working there. The work culture here is likely different from other locations but I refuse to return.
It was totally fine. The common area was a little dirty and the people who work there are filthy. But otherwise not a bad place to work if you like spaghetti
4 table sections, extreme focus on refills and offering included items. Competitive sales and comment card numbers, customers are valued more than staff. Very friendly staff and management as long as you fit in.
Pros
Distcounted meals and food incentives. Busy during peak hours
Cons
Employers show obvious favouritism. Very high standards for little pay
Old Spaghetti Factory Banff is the best place for someone to work in the town of banff. Amazing family there and i will be moving back to banff because the job was so amazing that nothing else will ever compare to working there
The environment there is great, lots of friendly people ready to help each other. I wasn't there for long but it was an overall great experience. I would recommend this job to anyone just starting out in the workforce.
Great place to eat, and work. The free employee meals are the bomb! Everyone is friendly and courteous . Everyone is willing to help. Even Management is awesome.
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
stressful at times
Front of house at OSF is a fast paced environment, but the excellent support from management makes it so much easier. The kitchen staff are awesome, but the dish washing staff are all pretty weird. Would still highly recommend OSF!
Working in a busy and family environment was overwhelming at first for me. But it was my second job and first time working in a restaurant. After awhile I got used to it and it helped me become more social and a outgoing.
Fun management and workplace environment. Serving is relatively stressful but can pay decently. Overtime is paid, but if a double shift is taken overtime is not paid. Would recommend for a first-time restaurant employee.
The old spaghetti factory is a good place to work in a team in a fast paced restaurant with opportunities to expand your knowledge of the skills you already posses and to develop new ones
Great time in my life, we had a very busy section in a large restaurant. Servers were on they're toes constantly, always something to do. Run appetizers, food , drinks , bills etc.. constantly in rotation. It was a very busy restaurant.
One of the good things about working there is that it is definitely a team environment, everyone works together to get the job done. Being in a busy environment with big reservations or parties is a big example of a time where team support is needed and you can find that at this workplace
If you want to develop your long-term career in hospitality, you should stick with the OSF. A very fun, dynamic and fast-paced environment for working.
I get along with all of my co workers and enjoy working alongside them! I've definitely made friends and plan to make more there. The job itself is very straightforward and teaches you a lot about the restaurant industry. Management is great too.
I learned how to clean tables fast and work together as a team. I really enjoyed my co-workers and the customers, I had no problem helping out or getting a customer another bread board or more water. It was hard to keep up sometimes, but I always had supportive managers co-workers helping me out when I needed it.
It is a fun place to work and it is also a calm one. The people there are nice and fun to talk to. The management is nice as well and that don't abuse their power either.