The Old Spaghetti Factory

The Old Spaghetti Factory Employee Reviews

Canada113 reviews
Good place to work as a student. You have the possibility of making a lot of money during the summer months. The staff are usually relaxed and easy going
I found back when I worked at this location managers would be unprofessional and disregard staff. Some of my co-workers would come in high or hung over, I only know that for the Richmond BC location it was a poor experience and I wouldn't recommend working there. The work culture here is likely different from other locations but I refuse to return.
It was totally fine. The common area was a little dirty and the people who work there are filthy. But otherwise not a bad place to work if you like spaghetti
4 table sections, extreme focus on refills and offering included items. Competitive sales and comment card numbers, customers are valued more than staff. Very friendly staff and management as long as you fit in.
Pros
Distcounted meals and food incentives. Busy during peak hours
Cons
Employers show obvious favouritism. Very high standards for little pay
Old Spaghetti Factory Banff is the best place for someone to work in the town of banff. Amazing family there and i will be moving back to banff because the job was so amazing that nothing else will ever compare to working there
The environment there is great, lots of friendly people ready to help each other. I wasn't there for long but it was an overall great experience. I would recommend this job to anyone just starting out in the workforce.
Great place to eat, and work. The free employee meals are the bomb! Everyone is friendly and courteous . Everyone is willing to help. Even Management is awesome.
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
stressful at times
Front of house at OSF is a fast paced environment, but the excellent support from management makes it so much easier. The kitchen staff are awesome, but the dish washing staff are all pretty weird. Would still highly recommend OSF!
Working in a busy and family environment was overwhelming at first for me. But it was my second job and first time working in a restaurant. After awhile I got used to it and it helped me become more social and a outgoing.
Fun management and workplace environment. Serving is relatively stressful but can pay decently. Overtime is paid, but if a double shift is taken overtime is not paid. Would recommend for a first-time restaurant employee.
The old spaghetti factory is a good place to work in a team in a fast paced restaurant with opportunities to expand your knowledge of the skills you already posses and to develop new ones
Great time in my life, we had a very busy section in a large restaurant. Servers were on they're toes constantly, always something to do. Run appetizers, food , drinks , bills etc.. constantly in rotation. It was a very busy restaurant.
One of the good things about working there is that it is definitely a team environment, everyone works together to get the job done. Being in a busy environment with big reservations or parties is a big example of a time where team support is needed and you can find that at this workplace
If you want to develop your long-term career in hospitality, you should stick with the OSF. A very fun, dynamic and fast-paced environment for working.
I get along with all of my co workers and enjoy working alongside them! I've definitely made friends and plan to make more there. The job itself is very straightforward and teaches you a lot about the restaurant industry. Management is great too.
I learned how to clean tables fast and work together as a team. I really enjoyed my co-workers and the customers, I had no problem helping out or getting a customer another bread board or more water. It was hard to keep up sometimes, but I always had supportive managers co-workers helping me out when I needed it.
It is a fun place to work and it is also a calm one. The people there are nice and fun to talk to. The management is nice as well and that don't abuse their power either.
Generally understaffed on a good day, management was constantly changing schedules after being posted, or changing your hours worked, forcing your pay to be less than you expected. The servers are generally okay people, but management leaves a lot to be desired. This review is based on my experience during my tenure from 2015-2016
Pros
Extremely discounted meals
Cons
Bad management
The OSF really messed with my mental health while I was working there. I found there was no support from some managers, I always hesitated to ask questions as I found some of them very patronising. I was told a few times to “look at the manual” when asking how to do something, rather than being shown. If you did anything wrong or not to their standards, you were never spoken to about it individually, you would be named and shamed in front of everyone and sometimes your shifts for the rest of the week would be given away as punishment. You are barely recognised for great customer feedback, however if you have ONE negative feedback your hours are cut and you are pushed to the bottom of the schedule. One good thing is that summer is extremely busy, so you are guaranteed hours and can easily pick up shifts if you want extra money. Tips are never that great though as the price point is so low on each meal. I found the kitchen staff all very friendly. While a lot of staff have been there long term and they enjoy it, it certainly wasn’t for me!
Management is pretty fair yet it is quite a clicky work environment. For a starter job in the industry, it's a must try as work ethic is VERY important. It's high pace yet there is always support and a good sense of belongings.
Pros
Free soup and Salad and SET shifts
Cons
Not the best pay
Working in the kitchen was great. There were opportunities for advancement, as i worked my way from a dishwasher to a kitchen supervisor. Overall i would recommend this job to a friend.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Our community is ready to answer.