The Old Spaghetti Factory Employee Reviews

Worst work place
Assistan Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown Edmonton18 May 2019
The place is not a healthy work place. They will treat you like slave. Only two people working online every single day. No med shift, those two people work prep and line. You need to finish you prep before you shift is done. On the after same 2 or 3 people work online. The restaurant is crazy busy. Management is really bad on handling people. I work as Assistant KM but no benefits hourly paid. No good company
Pros
No break, no free food.
Cons
Long hours but no overtime.....
Abuses Employees
server/hostess/busser (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 May 2019
Manager would not let anyone eat during their shift, and wouldn't give people breaks. Training was terrible, I did not learn anything. Managers were rude and will not give you tips for improvement, they will simply fire you via text after several training shifts with no explanation if they don't like you. Working here was a complete waste of time, stay away from this place!
Pros
cheap food
Cons
everything else
Fun and fast-paced restaturants
Senior Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2019
Fast-Paced restaurants. Never a dull moment working as a server.

Tips were great most day. Management was fantastic. Co-workers were great to work with. Easy serving work even on busy nights. Great team work. Great food.
Pros
Free meal on long shifts, great team work and atmosphere
Cons
somedays weren't busy
Overall great work environment.
dishwasher/ "Service" (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 January 2019
My job consisted of replacing washed dishes and utensils, and filling
salad bar and soup. I learned how to work well in a team environment and had good overall communication with co workers.
Management was engaged in our progress as it dealt with our duties.
We had a convivial workplace. It was a fast-paced job with short breaks. Helping co-workers with workloads and enjoying their
company after work.
Pros
good food.
Cons
Short breaks
Productive, fun workplace
PERSONNEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 January 2019
The Old Spaghetti Factory is a great place to work. If they can, they promote their managers from within the staff. They have flexible hours and a great schedule. Everyone is very easy to get along with.
I learned how to come out of my shell at OSF. It is hard work but the staff are like family and always make the work fun. The managers are very friendly and great to work with.
good staff
Bus Boy, Expediter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 January 2019
Great staff, very fast paced work environment and is very beneficial to restaurant newbies as they are forced into a fast paced environment which teaches them right away how to handle it.
a great work environment with friendly staff and great food.
Dishwasher/Busboy (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 December 2018
working at the Old Spaghetti Factory was a great experience. everyone I worked with were very polite and most adept at their duty's so it was pretty enjoyable. and for a while I even was getting pretty good hours, worked as hard as possible making my way up through dish to bussing and even discussed moving up to expo.
Pros
staff meal discount, tips
Cons
inconsistent hours, semi professional management
productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 December 2018
Not only does restaurant work teach employees how to get along with co-workers, it equips them with the interpersonal communication skills necessary for working with all types of people.

Restaurant employees can’t be shy because most jobs entail constantly greeting people from all walks of life and speaking to large crowds. Servers must connect with diners and be personable in order to receive the best possible tip.

Knowing precisely when to engage in conversation and when to simply smile and deliver food is an essential skill for all wait staff.
Great team environment
Bookkeeper, Marketing Manager, Server, Bartender (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 November 2018
This company has a great work culture. Working as a team, your coworkers quickly become family. There is room for you to grow, if you are interested. Working here is more than just a job.
Never had an issue
Cook (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB7 November 2018
Worked in the kitchen for some time, everyone was a friend and did what needed to be done.
Management was firm but understanding and helpful.
Wages are decent and hours are very flexible for a skii town.
Pros
Fair treatment and free meals (for kitchen)
Cons
High turn over, lots of inexperiences newbies. Hard to keep up with them.
Exciting environment to work in.
Hostess and Busser (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 October 2018
Great place to work, especially as a first job as you have a lot of opportunities to grow within the workplace and company. Fun and exciting job to work in as it is always busy and the staff is flexible.
Amazing place to work, real family environment.
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 October 2018
A real family environment with GM/Owner Operator, this restaurant has a leader in every sense of the word. I learned more than I could of imagined working here and this place and the leadership from the GM has set me up for success in the future.

Hardest part of the job was the staff rotation and the most enjoyable was molding my team into the best performing out of 15 restaurants in the chain.

The workplace culture is that of a real family environment and one that gives opportunities to the less fortunate.
Pros
Management team.
Cons
Over worked
busy work place
Server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB, Canada3 October 2018
family restaurant that is always super busy. good earning potential for those willing to work for it. Cheap food whilst on shift and good friendly staff.
Pros
Cheap eats, flexible schedule
Cons
more responsibilities for servers compared to most restaurants
Flexible hours and amazing staff
Banff- Busser (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB28 September 2018
Lots of opportunity for growth. Flexible hours, and a friendly staff whose willing to work hard. Everyone I worked with was very easy to work with while maintaining positive attitudes.
A great Starter Job!
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2018
You run around for hours for not that much money.

The money is just livable.

I had an amazing time with the managers and the staff, some of the fondest times of my entire life!
Pros
Cheap and Free food!
Cons
Weight gain.
Fantastic co-workers and very busy place
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2018
OSF is an awesome place to work... in the beginning. Great co-workers and some of the managers were pretty good as well. Unfortunately the owner, and older guy in his 60s or 70s and one of the managers play favourites to a level that I have never seen before and hope to never see again. It's disgraceful. If you are one of the favourites, you get away with anything (even getting high in the restroom). If you are not, he nitpicks every little thing you do to the point of driving you to tears or making a lot of people quit.
He treats people like slaves, won't let you eat anything, even if you are working a double shift with no break.
Another thing that drives down the morale is the corporate policy of getting the customer get away with whatever they want. Because of places like OSF we have a screwed up, entitled society.
I saw the owner giving attitude to a busser because he was washing his hands 'too much'. So he doesn't care about cleanliness and safety either.
About the tips. It's very hard to make great tips even when you are crazy busy.
Pros
Staff discount, free drinks if high cheque average
Cons
Long hours, the owner, management playing favourites
Career Advancement is Possible
Personnel Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 July 2018
A great place to start out for those with little to no experience or those that are overqualified in many areas of the industry. The company is willing to train those that have no previous restaurant experience as long as individuals are personable and are willing to learn. I had the opportunity to advance at an accelerated pace due to hard work and determination. The most enjoyable part of this position was due to the fact that I was able to build a team from scratch and watch those individuals thrive in their new work environment. In return, I was able to award my new team with raises and opportunities for career advancement.
Pros
Manager comps, paid vacation, learning how to lead a team
Cons
Long hours for salary pay, work during holidays and unpredictable levels of busyness.
low pay typical service work
Prep Cook/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC9 July 2018
the management is not that bad

the pay is low as you would expect from a food service job

you can advance if you are willing but you will loose friends in the process
Great Co Workers and Fun Enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 May 2018
It did not really feel like I was going into work, everyone was super close and would help wherever you needed it. It was like having a second family.
Pros
Amazing Friendships
Cons
They Pick Favourites
the staff are amazing
Server (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 March 2018
The general manager is pretty harsh to staff, the staff are absolutely amazing. Customers are awful... Tips are mediocre, kitchen staff are young and immature but the AKM is amazing.
Pros
staff
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Our community is ready to answer.