The Nuna Group of Companies logo
The Nuna Group of Companies

The Nuna Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Good bunch of people

No really complaints about the company. Only the job site. Detour. Camp and food not so good. Supervisors and crew members were easy to get along with. I was treated very good.

Pros

Great supervisors and crew members

Cons

Jobsite

Nuna

I enjoyed working with nuna . They are agood company to work for. The Pay is not too bad and is allways on time.They just don't have enough work right now.

Okay if you were looking for rotational work

Enjoyed working in different environments different toss meeting new people but the downside to it is that you leave your family behind for a couple of weeks every every rotation and do you miss out on things with family all in all if you like the rotational work they are good company to work for

Pros

Rotational work

Cons

Being away from family

Nuna was a good company to work for

At the time Nuna was doing some very dangerous safety no no's. I spoke up to prevent incidents which after I left did happen. they did terminate the main person who was responsible for the improper acts. And have a great safety manger now, would definitely go back for a contract there.

Love to renew friendship every season

This is a seasonal Job (Jan to Mar) I have a total of over 8 season on this winter road. Love the day to day challenge and co-workers. The management is helpful. The weather is extreme. Hardest part is freight delivery at the mercy of the weather.

Pros

Safety Bonus

Cons

Flight Delay

Run as far as you can

Incompetent cowboys in leadership positions that promote unsafe behaviour and you need to suck up to get anywhere.... not worth the time! The only good thing .... for some reason the have really good people on the tools.

Pros

Good people on the tools

Cons

Everything else

unorganized Construction services company

The project managers here are the worst. They have 0 idea whats going on. They dont even have site drawings. What a joke. The hire and fire staff from site all the time. Why not just transfer existing staff to new projects?

Fly in fly out with accommodation

Short projects Lots of travel Interesting and educating Good pay Lots of turnover Dependable when needing work always open for me to return anytime back to work

Relief for staff on vacation

Was provided the opportunity to provide relief for permanent employees going on vacation. Ran fuel truck, on call for mechanical repairs. Management was supportive, and have always thrives on working in remote areas.

No one knows nothing

Strange place to be. No one knows nothing and jus pass it on the next person. Inuit company with inuits only at the bottom of the totem pole.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Poor management

Jobs at The Nuna Group of Companies

See more jobs

not bad at all

busy busy work days, shifts can be a lil better so can the benefits, etc. also not to stabile of employment but good people good company. for sure.

Unorganized and in the past.

This company had everything backward. I was hired, directed and planed out scheduled. But when this plan was put into action, none of it was what they told me originally. I was instructed I would be operating a grader maintaining ice roads and flown into camp, operating day shift after receiving my orientation. Flight took 2.5 hours, and drive took over 13 hours after that, so after landing and driving over 13 hours to camp, foreman pressured me into working the same night I arrived. I explained to the foreman that wasn't a safe idea due to the fact of traveling for more then 15 hours with no rest, the foremans response was that everyone did It, everyone travelled to work for 14 hours then worked a 12 hour night shift. I told the foreman no! After he tried guilting me into it 3 times and me saying no 3 times, they told me they had nothing for me and were going to fly me out. I refused unsafe work, so they sent me back home?!?! Saying they had nothing for me?!? Why hire anyone if your going to have leaders that will break the law to meet production? Or cut corners by not orientating people before work is to commence. This place had little to no management in their supervisors. It is not a place I would go back to without safety in writing first. Once I got home then they told me I quit?!? I did not quit, I did what I have skill in. I was obligated to refuse unsafe work. They asked me to commute for 15 hours, then work 12 hours at the same night in a place I have never been before, operating a plow truck on thin ice with no medics or ambulance In the area. Needless to say, driving -

Pros

There were none

Cons

They have no safety policies and procedures enforced

excellentant company to work for

Contact Engineering companies, Mining, Construction Products are very innovative and beneficial to the industry Enjoy the customer base and staff.

Good place to work just not enough work to keep busy.

12 hour work days learned what to expect when working in the Arctic Fairly good management great co-workers weather in the Arctic The feeling of a great accomplishment building infrastructure in the Arctic

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Having to be in remote camp areas for more than 2 weeks at times

Generally most days were hectic but enjoyable . I gained a lot of knowledge.

a typical day was generally hectic, but enjoyable for the most part, I learned Word programs, procedures. knowledge of the mining industry, time management, office procedures, software programs,etc Management could use better communication and listening skills. A bit top heavy in upper management (in my own opinion). My coworkers were awesome and I miss them a lot. The hardest part of my job was trying to prepare for new projects at the last minute without being informed in a timely manor when others were fully informed. The second hardest part of my job was not being "heard" by management when there were changes made without informing me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the versatility and creative allowance given to me for creating forms, logos as well as purchasing promotional and safety awards. The other enjoyment was interacting with vendors and employees on a daily basis.

Pros

free beverages, some bonus', good friends, good memories and most importantly, great knowledge.

Cons

micro management by management at times.

Driven, Passionate about people and getting them home to families safely

The role was a 'ground up creation'. Previous to my arrival the company was a small to mid level construction company with very little EHS exposure. Company realized to get better, more work their safety program including health management, hygiene and safety management required a lot of work. From a 3.9 TRIF down to a 1.8 in less than 3 years showed desire and want to get better. With several 'major' program creations, upper management support and desire to succeed the company was driven to adopt and utilize programs such as Drug and Alcohol, Return to work, Risk Management including better inspection protocols, including operating procedures, maintenance and mechanical procedures, Risk assessments and Task specific hazards assessments to the ground personnel accepting change that included field level risk assessments, safety observations on peers and equipment to quantifying leading indicators and the recognition of how important they are to an overall EHS program! Additionally the desire to remove personnel who were holding up change made the road to its success less bumpy. Co-workers were one dimensional, focused only on their departments. This slowly changed but made work environments difficult at times. Most enjoyable part is watching the plan come together, everything newly developed and implemented is working as designed and seeing how the workers responded to the consistent yet very transparent program coming together. There was noting hard about the job. Always challenging and very dynamic. I never signed up for boring, I signed up to progress -

Pros

Smaller company, making decisions easier, less buracracy, got to know everyone, even at site level

Cons

lack of good solid leadership

Not to Bad

This place is a good place to work, great benefits, average salary for entry level positions. There is not much room for advancement in this company.

good experience

good teamwork learned alot good working experience excellent training

Pros

good work

good

productive and fun workplace

waste disposal, snow removal, dewatering, keeping track of fuel numbers and operation of heavy equipment.

Pros

good money, good people

Cons

extreme weather

excellent company

12 hour days,hard work,safety oriented,management were friendly,...hardest part was getting laid off....enjoyable part 3 weeks in and 2 weeks off

Pros

l.o.a

Cons

job shut down

I liked the work

I liked the 2week on 2week off schedule.The work was interesting and varied.I enjoyed the crew's I worked with from the resident's from the north to all the guy's that come from the south.The supervisor's were awesome.Someday's the weather could be a challenge but you learned to just accept it as the way it's going to be.I liked the lifestyle ,the travel ,and mostly the people.

Pros

proud of my work

Cons

flight delay's