The Nuna Group of Companies logo
The Nuna Group of Companies

The Nuna Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Good bunch of people

No really complaints about the company. Only the job site. Detour. Camp and food not so good. Supervisors and crew members were easy to get along with. I was treated very good.

Pros

Great supervisors and crew members

Cons

Jobsite

Horrid

Backstabbing horrible gossipy and the better worker you are the worse it gets. You must be ready for a ton of insanity. People write you up for doing a job well or extra necessary work. The company abuses you when they want but do nothing to help you. The planes are death traps.

Best place ever

This company was great I’ve done 3 projects for them. They paid me the most I’ve ever made, had the best balance ever with opportunity for overtime extra weeks always available; and they absolutely shot my career and experience more than any other employer I’ve had. They kept me to the bitter end of the project after my skill set was no longer needed and trained me so they could keep me. Love them.

Stooperintendants, isolation and cold weather

From supervisors down as a heavy equipment operator I really enjoyed working for Nuna logistics. They give you proper training because they have hired trainers that are willing to show you the ropes. Project coordinators and managers are good, but the superintendents or as I say stooperintendents are clueless and gutless when it comes to standing up for their employees, other then GUMBEY Nuna is a great place to work atmosphere wise. The wage could be higher and your usually in a remote location. But only doing 2 weeks in 2 weeks out flights and hotels are paid and 12 hours paid travel each way

Great people to work with, like family

Was one of the best jobs I ever had, until i was terminated for being taken off work for 5 days sick from my doctor. Sure wish I could be back there. I miss the food and the awesome camp the most.

Fun to work at

A great place to work. Good people great balance with life and work.

Good company to work for

I enjoyed my time at Nina but some of the management team was a little inexperienced and full of himself, heard later he had support way up the food chain so then understood! Also, some disputes handled very one sided, decisions made without proper investigations

Pros

Far north travel

Cons

Some of the people

great company to work for.

Nuna is a very equal opportunity company to work for. Treat employees like family. They provide all safety supplies and training to keep you and bring you home safe.

Pros

Excellent benifits, camp, food included, exceptional work balance. Great management teams

Cons

remote locations, extreme weather conditions

It was a blast

Every night I went to work it was good. We all looked out for each other and pitched in to help each other stay safe. The management was good and fair. They treated me very nicely.

strong support for the employee

It is construction so when the project comes to the end sometimes that means you employment comes to an end. Is a very safe work environment with great safety culture. The wages depend on location. Training is provided with a good team of trainers.

Jobs at The Nuna Group of Companies

See more jobs

drive haul truck

drive materials from shovel to dump, the hardest part is that there is no where to improve once a haul truck driver thats all you will be. no raisies

Love Nuna

I've been with Nuna for almost 8 years now and I couldn't imagine a better place to work. I've seen so much of this country's north, and have been exposed to so many unique cultures.

the over all company is good

the longer i worked for company the more i noticed the new management / supervision started to change from rewarding good quality employees that did excellent work, to the buddy - buddy system were their friends were told what management was looking for. I know it happening all over because of economy but NUNA lost a lot of great equipment operators because of favoritism.

Pros

flights paid

Cons

laying off long term employees for their friends

It was a very good atmosphere learned a lot about working in the north

I met a lot of good people, worked more than most people I think due to my experience done a lot of different things from running loader to hauling equipment,lots of different opertunities

Pros

It was an adventure

Cons

Some camps weren't as good as they could have been

Good Place

14 on 14 off. Excellent co workers. Good tooling and equipment. Highly recommended. Good management very helpfully and understanding. Would go back any time.

Pros

Camp shift

Cons

Cold winters lol

work

very good company to work for. Good hrs Good bosses. Good human resources people. good pay. good days off. cant complain. travelling is good , exciting places to go up in the arctic to see.

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

Great employer - wish they had more work

Great place to work except for being away from family. Job security would be the only downfall. Wish they had more work projects. Great that they pay for travel to and from location.

Pros

2 weeks on / 2 weeks off work schedule

Cons

being away from family and lack of job security

Good company to work for

Excellent people including staff and employees. Never a problem flying in or out of work. Good benifits and salary. Any concerns you could phone the company and discuss your needs

Grate

I like the company to work but not enough jobs need more job advertising and more jobs.always have the right ppe,grate safety training. Grate environment to work around positive.

Pros

Grate brakefest lunch supper

Cons

Perfect hours

Short term posting

Most employees will find that 90% of these positions will require you to work a length of time, that will be from 1 week to 9 months. At which time you removed from the work while you are on days off and your belongs will be shipped home at that time.

Leanred lots about safety and team work

Always something different to do everyday, great people to work with. learned a lot at Nuna logistics and I hope I work there again in the future. It was a great opportunity.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Nuna Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement