The Nuna Group of Companies logo
The Nuna Group of Companies

The Nuna Group of Companies Employee Reviews in Yellowknife, NT

3.7Pay & benefits

It was a blast

Every night I went to work it was good. We all looked out for each other and pitched in to help each other stay safe. The management was good and fair. They treated me very nicely.

drive haul truck

drive materials from shovel to dump, the hardest part is that there is no where to improve once a haul truck driver thats all you will be. no raisies

Leanred lots about safety and team work

Always something different to do everyday, great people to work with. learned a lot at Nuna logistics and I hope I work there again in the future. It was a great opportunity.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Away from family

No one knows nothing

Strange place to be. No one knows nothing and jus pass it on the next person. Inuit company with inuits only at the bottom of the totem pole.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Poor management

Unorganized and in the past.

This company had everything backward. I was hired, directed and planed out scheduled. But when this plan was put into action, none of it was what they told me originally. I was instructed I would be operating a grader maintaining ice roads and flown into camp, operating day shift after receiving my orientation. Flight took 2.5 hours, and drive took over 13 hours after that, so after landing and driving over 13 hours to camp, foreman pressured me into working the same night I arrived. I explained to the foreman that wasn't a safe idea due to the fact of traveling for more then 15 hours with no rest, the foremans response was that everyone did It, everyone travelled to work for 14 hours then worked a 12 hour night shift. I told the foreman no! After he tried guilting me into it 3 times and me saying no 3 times, they told me they had nothing for me and were going to fly me out. I refused unsafe work, so they sent me back home?!?! Saying they had nothing for me?!? Why hire anyone if your going to have leaders that will break the law to meet production? Or cut corners by not orientating people before work is to commence. This place had little to no management in their supervisors. It is not a place I would go back to without safety in writing first. Once I got home then they told me I quit?!? I did not quit, I did what I have skill in. I was obligated to refuse unsafe work. They asked me to commute for 15 hours, then work 12 hours at the same night in a place I have never been before, operating a plow truck on thin ice with no medics or ambulance In the area. Needless to say, driving -

Pros

There were none

Cons

They have no safety policies and procedures enforced

good experience

good teamwork learned alot good working experience excellent training

Pros

good work

good