The Nuna Group of Companies logo
The Nuna Group of Companies

The Nuna Group of Companies Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Amazing Employees, Disappointing Management

When I started with Nuna, I was welcomed with arms wide open! The job was fast paced and exciting! My team was great! Friendly, positive, collaborative and I was very happy. Unfortunately after my 6-8 months of tenure, I started to see the toxic traits exhibited by particular team members and managers. The manager responsible for the team did not provide support or discipline when it was truly necessary. Although I loved my job, the "drama" made it an uncomfortable environment to succeed in. There was too much gossip between the department manager and team members which played a huge impact on my success with the company which caused me to resign from my role. I loved the company, the experiences they gave me and the incredible employees who work at the job sites giving their all every day. This is a company I would love to be involved with again should the circumstances be different in the particular department.

Productive and with recreational activities.

Having employed on Nuna Logistics,is a great experience for me. I feel cool and relaxed no pressure and stress. And they always prioritize workers safety. And they provide worker's accomodation in good condition . And I can say that workers have great meal too.

Terrible owners

Before they sold the company it was a great place to work. Now they dont care about the employees at all. They didnt even tell my manager that he was loosing 3 of his 7 team members that day. People worked there for decsdes and oncevthen had an opportunity tl toss them out then fidnt hesitate.

Pros

Like we got paid so that was nice

Cons

litterly everything

Fast paced

Fast paced, good management, a good place to work. Work with people from all parts or the country. Up to date Technology with training provided and instruction where and when required

Productive, organized

My previous experience observed helpful individuals willing to see one succeed. A willingness to teach for those who want to learn. Questions and concerns were addressed in a timely manner with Safety being a Priority.

Pros

Opportunities to train on new equipment

Excellent Safety Culture

All days were minimum 12 hours, but flexibility for expanding position requirements was common. This environment allowed me the opportunity to exhibit my skills and passions for creating workplace synergy.

Fun to work at

A great place to work. Good people great balance with life and work.

great company to work for.

Nuna is a very equal opportunity company to work for. Treat employees like family. They provide all safety supplies and training to keep you and bring you home safe.

Pros

Excellent benifits, camp, food included, exceptional work balance. Great management teams

Cons

remote locations, extreme weather conditions

Love Nuna

I've been with Nuna for almost 8 years now and I couldn't imagine a better place to work. I've seen so much of this country's north, and have been exposed to so many unique cultures.

work

very good company to work for. Good hrs Good bosses. Good human resources people. good pay. good days off. cant complain. travelling is good , exciting places to go up in the arctic to see.

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

Jobs at The Nuna Group of Companies

in Edmonton, AB
See more jobs

Good company to work for

Excellent people including staff and employees. Never a problem flying in or out of work. Good benifits and salary. Any concerns you could phone the company and discuss your needs

Okay if you were looking for rotational work

Enjoyed working in different environments different toss meeting new people but the downside to it is that you leave your family behind for a couple of weeks every every rotation and do you miss out on things with family all in all if you like the rotational work they are good company to work for

Pros

Rotational work

Cons

Being away from family

Run as far as you can

Incompetent cowboys in leadership positions that promote unsafe behaviour and you need to suck up to get anywhere.... not worth the time! The only good thing .... for some reason the have really good people on the tools.

Pros

Good people on the tools

Cons

Everything else

unorganized Construction services company

The project managers here are the worst. They have 0 idea whats going on. They dont even have site drawings. What a joke. The hire and fire staff from site all the time. Why not just transfer existing staff to new projects?

Fly in fly out with accommodation

Short projects Lots of travel Interesting and educating Good pay Lots of turnover Dependable when needing work always open for me to return anytime back to work

Good place to work just not enough work to keep busy.

12 hour work days learned what to expect when working in the Arctic Fairly good management great co-workers weather in the Arctic The feeling of a great accomplishment building infrastructure in the Arctic

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Having to be in remote camp areas for more than 2 weeks at times

Generally most days were hectic but enjoyable . I gained a lot of knowledge.

a typical day was generally hectic, but enjoyable for the most part, I learned Word programs, procedures. knowledge of the mining industry, time management, office procedures, software programs,etc Management could use better communication and listening skills. A bit top heavy in upper management (in my own opinion). My coworkers were awesome and I miss them a lot. The hardest part of my job was trying to prepare for new projects at the last minute without being informed in a timely manor when others were fully informed. The second hardest part of my job was not being "heard" by management when there were changes made without informing me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the versatility and creative allowance given to me for creating forms, logos as well as purchasing promotional and safety awards. The other enjoyment was interacting with vendors and employees on a daily basis.

Pros

free beverages, some bonus', good friends, good memories and most importantly, great knowledge.

Cons

micro management by management at times.

Driven, Passionate about people and getting them home to families safely

The role was a 'ground up creation'. Previous to my arrival the company was a small to mid level construction company with very little EHS exposure. Company realized to get better, more work their safety program including health management, hygiene and safety management required a lot of work. From a 3.9 TRIF down to a 1.8 in less than 3 years showed desire and want to get better. With several 'major' program creations, upper management support and desire to succeed the company was driven to adopt and utilize programs such as Drug and Alcohol, Return to work, Risk Management including better inspection protocols, including operating procedures, maintenance and mechanical procedures, Risk assessments and Task specific hazards assessments to the ground personnel accepting change that included field level risk assessments, safety observations on peers and equipment to quantifying leading indicators and the recognition of how important they are to an overall EHS program! Additionally the desire to remove personnel who were holding up change made the road to its success less bumpy. Co-workers were one dimensional, focused only on their departments. This slowly changed but made work environments difficult at times. Most enjoyable part is watching the plan come together, everything newly developed and implemented is working as designed and seeing how the workers responded to the consistent yet very transparent program coming together. There was noting hard about the job. Always challenging and very dynamic. I never signed up for boring, I signed up to progress -

Pros

Smaller company, making decisions easier, less buracracy, got to know everyone, even at site level

Cons

lack of good solid leadership

Not to Bad

This place is a good place to work, great benefits, average salary for entry level positions. There is not much room for advancement in this company.

I liked the work

I liked the 2week on 2week off schedule.The work was interesting and varied.I enjoyed the crew's I worked with from the resident's from the north to all the guy's that come from the south.The supervisor's were awesome.Someday's the weather could be a challenge but you learned to just accept it as the way it's going to be.I liked the lifestyle ,the travel ,and mostly the people.

Pros

proud of my work

Cons

flight delay's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Nuna Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement