The Nuna Group of Companies

The Nuna Group of Companies Employee Reviews

No really complaints about the company. Only the job site. Detour. Camp and food not so good. Supervisors and crew members were easy to get along with. I was treated very good.
Pros
Great supervisors and crew members
Cons
Jobsite
When I started with Nuna, I was welcomed with arms wide open! The job was fast paced and exciting! My team was great! Friendly, positive, collaborative and I was very happy. Unfortunately after my 6-8 months of tenure, I started to see the toxic traits exhibited by particular team members and managers. The manager responsible for the team did not provide support or discipline when it was truly necessary. Although I loved my job, the "drama" made it an uncomfortable environment to succeed in. There was too much gossip between the department manager and team members which played a huge impact on my success with the company which caused me to resign from my role. I loved the company, the experiences they gave me and the incredible employees who work at the job sites giving their all every day. This is a company I would love to be involved with again should the circumstances be different in the particular department.
Having employed on Nuna Logistics,is a great experience for me. I feel cool and relaxed no pressure and stress. And they always prioritize workers safety. And they provide worker's accomodation in good condition . And I can say that workers have great meal too.
Missed out on weeks of work without any notice. I took the job because it was 14/14 rotation but when I was asked to work 14/7 and I denied my upcoming rotation was pushed back a week without any notice. I left full time employment to and up not having a pay for 30 days due to the mismanagement
Pros
Zero
Cons
Not very organized
Before they sold the company it was a great place to work. Now they dont care about the employees at all. They didnt even tell my manager that he was loosing 3 of his 7 team members that day. People worked there for decsdes and oncevthen had an opportunity tl toss them out then fidnt hesitate.
Pros
Like we got paid so that was nice
Cons
litterly everything
Fast paced, good management, a good place to work. Work with people from all parts or the country. Up to date Technology with training provided and instruction where and when required
Hires too many workers. Drivers sit. Drivers who decide to take a shift off with no communication and nothing is said to them. Then they come in next shift and you sit, supervisors pets. Favorites at its finest.
Pros
Can learn lots of equipment, paid travel and hotel and meals.
Cons
Favoritism shown, unorganized, low wages
Thuis is without a doubt the worst company i ever work for , they won't listen to you they will only listen to pther boss and the HR is no help at all she will only listen to their side of the story that makes you look bad , further more i have seen a lot of people get fired by this company and they didn't fired a female that broke a female that broke a drive shaft ..
Pros
Cons
everything
Very good place to work. Safety orientated worksite, management and company cares for the well being of its employees. Camp setting is more than expected
Pros
Camp/team spirit
Cons
Isolated work site
get organized learn how to communicate Communication severely lacking in all areas, cross shift, management to hourly and even management to management.
Terrible people to work with management wise and camps suck , equipment is old etc etc etc etc etc ...,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;,;
Pros
No pros
Cons
To many cons
Terrible company to work with !!! -No Food or transportation ( hotel ) -Camps are disgusting but tell you lies just to get you to site -This company is so disorganized with flights over booked during Covid, and no rooms available at camp when you arrive! -If you quit they will throw you into the streets of Ontario with absolutely NO way home and lose zero sleep over it! AVOID NUNA LOGISTICS
Pros
There are no pros for this company ( Stay Away )
Cons
Don’t value employees, Camp is disgusting with management & Hr being the worst
They put us in mold infested camps. I did my 3 days of training, then they had me in their lunch shack for 2 days cause they never had any equipment for me to operate and then put me on their labour crew and didnt know when i was gonna be on any equipment.
Pros
flights
Cons
inexperienced operators/supervisors
They will use you and let you go after they're done with you...highest turnover rate of employees ive ever seen. Very shady company..... management is very unorganized and not very liked by the workers.... Dont get NERP'd Nuna Early Retirement Program
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
job security, management
From first phone call to start date it was relaxed and professional, they look after all arrangements for transportation work clothes E.T.C.at work site and on the job was excellent as well , any help I needed was looked after a promptly. Over all very good except experience.
My previous experience observed helpful individuals willing to see one succeed. A willingness to teach for those who want to learn. Questions and concerns were addressed in a timely manner with Safety being a Priority.
Pros
Opportunities to train on new equipment
It is a good compagnie to work for, really enjoy my time with them and would go back.
I worked at the Baffin site. It was a good experience with great people. The accommodations were great at Mary River, however when I moved to Port Site things were not quite as comfortable.
All days were minimum 12 hours, but flexibility for expanding position requirements was common. This environment allowed me the opportunity to exhibit my skills and passions for creating workplace synergy.
Good workers, management is ridiculous and supervisors are inexperienced. Superintendents never on the same page, the gear is unsafe and unreliable. O.T. is available but bring your knee pads and your best butt kissing techniques. Everything is last minute, poor planning and poor time management . Taking on horrible contracts ,no regard for ppl or equipment.
Backstabbing horrible gossipy and the better worker you are the worse it gets. You must be ready for a ton of insanity. People write you up for doing a job well or extra necessary work. The company abuses you when they want but do nothing to help you. The planes are death traps.