The North Face

The North Face Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
Great Team and Managers
This was a great interim job while in between travelling or looking for something more closely related to my degree. Standard retail role but most people working with you are into the outdoors so can find hiking/climbing/inset other outdoor activity buddies and there are some good discounts on gear! Long hours and can sometimes be quiet especially on the later shifts.
Pros
Flexible managers and great staff to work with; reasonable discounts on gear.
Cons
Pay is very low for London, Shift work may mean lost weekends etc
Bonne job étudiante
Aspects positifs :
- Très bon rabais

- Clientèle variée et gentille

- On apprend beaucoup sur les produits North Face

- Horaire flexible

Aspects négatifs :

- Mauvaise gestion

- Ça peut être stressant lorsqu'il y a trop de clients en magasin

- Salaire minimum
Waste of time
The management doesn't care about the employees. Vaughan Mills store manager was the worst. They don't care how hard you work or not. so much favouritism.
Productive fun culture
Very inviting place to work especially if you love the outdoors and customer service. Management was super understanding and allowed days off. Shifts are easily switched with coworkers. Good hours.
Loved it!
Loved every second of working here. Was promoted within my first 2 weeks. Only downfall is they accused me of stealing when it was a different coworker who had quit a few weeks before. Was fired due to past coworkers theft.
Horaire
Pas d'heures à moins de faire parti de la gestion puisque la compagnie VF n'offre que des positions à temps partiels.
Terrible senior management
I loved working there until I left and senior management was responsible for my ROE. They don’t understand Canadian protocol so they made a huge mistake on my ROE and because i left for maternity leave it ended up hurting me later on. After a huge ordeal of trying to figure out what had happened, we discovered that the North Face had made a mistake. When I tried to call the headquarters to find out what had happened they dodged my calls and emails until I threatened a lawsuit and then proceeded to tell me there was nothing they could do because the person who had made the mistake was no longer working there as they were fired for being incompetent. So, because I couldn’t actually afford to take them to court, I am stuck, 3 years later, still paying the debt to the CRA because of a mistake that North Face made. If you are Canadian and going on maternity leave or EI following employment here, be careful.
Pros
Great teamwork at the location itself
Cons
Terrible senior management as an American based company
great
great workplace,great staff and great manager. enjoyed working every minute at the north face. great discounts as well. Always took care of their employees
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The North Face?
Creative and exciting work place
Great management, interesting product, new creative marketing ideas. Overall it was a great time working there, having fun on product knowledgement nights
Pros
The Clothing
Quality gear
Typically work day involved selling North face jackets to customers. Lots of stocking of merchandise and organizing of products. I learned that I don't like working in retail.
Pros
discounted gear
Cons
boring
Productive but not stresssful
I enjoy working at the North Face! We get things done but manage to feel relaxed and enjoy the work.I love the products and my coworkers are great to work with.
Good and Positive Work Enviroment
Both staff and customers are positive and enthusiastic about the company, its mission, and the product. The work environment is great. The product lines are good for the price points.
Pros
The North Face offer very generic product that are limited in fit, but work exceedingly well.
Cons
Pay is below average for what they should be offering to staff.
Fun place to learn
I learned alot about the technology of north face products while working here. My co-workers were young, friendly, active people and i felt as though i fit right in!
awesome manager
great company culture and very friendly collegues, training system is very nice and straight forward
Awesome manager, you can never ask for a better manager
A workplace that actually cares about the employee
Work was never stressful, there's always an opportunity to move up in the company. The culture was energetic and fun. My co workers were my favourite part of the job. Everyone was hardworking and always had a smile on their faces.
Gezellige collega's, moeilijk management
Gezellige collega's
moeilijk management

ideaal als tijdelijke baan
Great opportunity to work with a top brand
Truly exciting experience working alongside a CEO of a major company who has created a powerful brand. This initially opened my eyes to my potential and the possibilities that are available in the world if you are willing to remain persistent and diligent in the pursuit to a successful career.
Très belle expérience de travail
J'ai adoré mes quelques mois à travailler pour The North Face à Banff.
Pros
Rabais employé
Fun
Great work environment and great team building exercises at every store meeting. worked as sales and loved dressing people head to toe in north face.
Pros
Long Shifts with lunches
Cons
Some Staff
day at north face
daly review with the north face..

good place to work to balance the work play life , flexible schedule and good hours.the hardest part of the job is , when your having an off day and cant talk or engage with customers.it was good to learn product knowledge.my co workers are super nice and welcoming at the first few days there. good communication with staff..always busy with store up keep and appearance.

good times
Pros
good pro deals
Cons
some time way to busy
Great place to work at
greeting customers, get to know them and sell. co-workers are very friendly and over all a good relaxing place to work at. discounts are awesome!
Pros
discounts
Cons
management is not in line most of the time