The National Benefit Authority

The National Benefit Authority Employee Reviews for Specialist

Great place to work.

Pleasant work environment. Management is very patient and understanding of work/life balance. Competitive wages. Staff and management are very accommodating.

Horrible leadership and work culture

When I applied for this job, I was informed that the pay was $30/hr. However, when I received the job over, it stated that in 2 months, the rate will be reduced to $16.50/hour. That should of been my first hint about how transparent the company is to their employees. I began to work there and training was 2 weeks long which was okay. However, once I began working, I quickly realized that what they had told us our job would be, was not it. They were preparing us for calls that we were only doing less than 5% of the time. The majority of time was spent making cold calls to previous "potential" customers from over 5 years ago. Then, I was asked to switch my shifts (which was great), but was asked to keep this a secret from the rest of my coworkers. A supervisor asking their employee to lie to the other employees for their own sake says a lot about the work culture in itself.Furthermore, leaders were NOT honest with their employees at all. There was a huge cap between lower level employees and higher management because there was zero communication between them which is very essential in the operations of ANY business. However, upper management passed along messages to managers, who passed it along to supervisors, who passed it along to us. However, any questions that we had about that information could not be answered by our supervisors because it was not their information to relay from the beginning. In addition, every minute of the shift was micromanaged. This created a work culture where employees do not feel trusted nor competent, hence the high turnover. Just as a reference, -

Pros

free pizza, remote

Cons

Everything else

Rewarding Job

This is a great job if you love helping others. I get a great sense of fulfillment at the end of each day knowing I was able to help Canadians with disabilities!

Pros

Good work environment, interactive staff events, and free snacks and lunches.

Cons

As it is a call centre position there aren't very many opportunities to move around.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The National Benefit Authority?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The National Benefit Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement