The National Benefit Authority

The National Benefit Authority Employee Reviews for Legal Assistant

O.K company to work for

This is a great company to gain the much-needed experience for people who do not have the luxury of getting employed at a big law firm. There is diversity in our job descriptions, therefore we get to dabble in a little bit of everything, which is great for your resume! The company also has fun and interactive activities that foster positive employee morale. They often provide monetary incentives for participation in these as well. While this is great, the pay is terrible. We are generally overworked in comparison to the compensation we receive. Pay is well below the industry standard. Most managers are great, especially my direct manager, but upper management ignores our requests for better pay,in spite of suggestions for this every monthly check-in meeting (which are also great). Better pay =less turnover for jobs that require a specific skill-set. On the other hand, certain requests are accommodated promptly and I can say that this also fosters positivity in the workplace.

Pros

Snacks, check-in meetings, fun activities

Cons

Pay

Great Entry Level Legal Position

If you are looking for a first job out of post-secondary education and do not have the privilege of working for a top firm or sizable corporation with a legal department, The National Benefit Authority is a great starting spot for your legal career. The National Benefit Authority provides a work/life balance that is well above-average. The company is actively willing to work with the personal lives of all employees to allow them to work flexible hours beyond the traditional 9-5 workday. I have seen many examples of this in my short time here. The National Benefit Authority offers what I think is a pretty solid benefits package, at what I believe is a low price taken from my bi-weekly paycheque. I do believe my hourly wage (salary is not offered for non-management) could be higher as it is below industry average. In my department, I don't see a large chance to advance as there is only one management position. The company as a whole works on a call-center model, which does not mesh well with specialized roles such as tax and legal. Upper management at The National Benefit Authority has been very positive in suggesting of me to progress my legal qualifications. Additionally, upper management has also taken steps to individualize the work tasks of specialized roles after suggestions from staff. I feel that most of my concerns are handled correctly and effectively by upper management. Management overall is effective in their problem-solving, company development and all other aspects of management. I have never been met with negative attitudes when inquiring to management -

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The National Benefit Authority?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The National Benefit Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement