The National Benefit Authority

The National Benefit Authority Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great employer

Really understanding employer, makes sure everyone in the company has a voice and is taken care of. Lots of opportunities to move around within the company. Providing a great service to Canadians with disabilities in helping them get money back that they're entitled to

Pros

Good communication between all levels

Cons

Can't think of any

Call center with no job security

About 30 of us were recruited for customer service representative position, but is really just a call center position. In the job posting they posted the pay with the government subsidy $30/hr when you finished your interview they sent you the contract with the real pay which is $16.50 the $30 only lasted 2 months basically like a bait to get more people to apply. You get coaching every single day from the supervisor before the end of your shift. 3 months probation time but terminating people for no reason right before their probation time is done (the reason they give you is “your service is no longer needed ”)Within 2 months time 30 people from our group went down to less than 6, so no job security what so ever... turn over rate is really high, no communication from management except for coaching calls. Many fake 5 star reviews beware.

Pros

Free pizza when you first join the company

Cons

No job security, coaching everyday, no management support.

Just a fun work environemtn

I don't think I've ever been in a work environment that was so much fun. It really contributed to actually enjoying coming into work. Everyone is just so fun, friendly and warm and it just makes the whole job experience that much more enjoyable.

Friendly and stress free environment

Great work environment. Stress free and accepting. Supportive and encouraging management. Overall a good work experience. Would highly recommend others to work here.

Pros

Free lunch once in a while.

Great place to work!

First off, I will start with the owner. Akiva, he’s a great person to work for. He’s honest, kind, respectful and even funny. I also enjoy knowing that aside for the fact that I am making money at this job, I am also helping Canadians get the money they deserve. And for that I am very proud. The coworkers and atmosphere is generally pleasant and enjoyable. I very much recommend this place to work and grow in your business life.

Pros

Pay, atmosphere, training, work-life balance

Very knowledgeable staff, great work culture.

This company is well organized and professional. The training is straight forward, with lots of opportunities to ask questions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help people and actually make a difference.

Not a place for growth

If you are retired or just graduating from school and you need money, this would be the best choice for employment. This is not a long term place to be.

Great Employer

I have been working at The National Benefit Authority for the 7 years and it has had its fair share of challenges; There were decisions made that at the time seemed extreme and excessive, however, I have a better understanding of why changes were made and those changes have allowed The NBA to continue to assist our clients with their application process. I appreciate the incentive program for each department, refreshments and healthy snacks are offered. I also must commend my team lead, my dept. manager and ultimately the CEO for working with me, through a very difficult time of caring for my aging parent suffering with dementia. They have allowed me the time needed to ensure his well being before arriving for work each morning, I was constantly stressed about my arrival time and concessions were made for my situation without hesitation. I enjoy working at The NBA and contributing to the success of the company in my role and the work I do everyday

Pros

Management open and accessible

Cons

No employee parking

I believe it was a great place to work and they offered overtime witch is a big plus.

this an amazing place to work the management is very respectful and really treat their employees very well. wonderful team base job everyone helps each other. the hours is perfect and pay is great.

Pros

Great work environment.

Cons

short beaks

great place to work

The NBA is a people oriented company which hold its staff and client in high esteem. it has an open door policy which i must admit came to play with the new COO. I must say Its been a pleasure working here, the staff are very warm and friendly. There is flexibility in work schedule, staff are trained and retrained to understand the business properly. Management has learnt to be transparent and accountable. The welfare of its staff are placed on top priority .

Pros

provide fresh fruit as snacks

Cons

pay has to be reviewed

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The National Benefit Authority?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The National Benefit Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare The National Benefit Authority with

The National Benefit Authority Reviews by Location

• The National Benefit Authority
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?