The National Benefit Authority

The National Benefit Authority Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Great employer

Really understanding employer, makes sure everyone in the company has a voice and is taken care of. Lots of opportunities to move around within the company. Providing a great service to Canadians with disabilities in helping them get money back that they're entitled to

Pros

Good communication between all levels

Cons

Can't think of any

Just fornjob experience

This is not a job you are goin to make a career out of consider it working for a small family business where you are replaceable. For get about work life balance and you better not get sick they dnt even trust u to breathe there is always someone watching u on camera hidden all over the office to monitor everything u do get ready to go stand in line on a monday evening to cash your cheque in this day and age a cheque that is OFTEN INCORRECT!!!!

Pros

You get a pay cheque and work experience

Cons

The whole job

Horrible leadership and work culture

When I applied for this job, I was informed that the pay was $30/hr. However, when I received the job over, it stated that in 2 months, the rate will be reduced to $16.50/hour. That should of been my first hint about how transparent the company is to their employees. I began to work there and training was 2 weeks long which was okay. However, once I began working, I quickly realized that what they had told us our job would be, was not it. They were preparing us for calls that we were only doing less than 5% of the time. The majority of time was spent making cold calls to previous "potential" customers from over 5 years ago. Then, I was asked to switch my shifts (which was great), but was asked to keep this a secret from the rest of my coworkers. A supervisor asking their employee to lie to the other employees for their own sake says a lot about the work culture in itself.Furthermore, leaders were NOT honest with their employees at all. There was a huge cap between lower level employees and higher management because there was zero communication between them which is very essential in the operations of ANY business. However, upper management passed along messages to managers, who passed it along to supervisors, who passed it along to us. However, any questions that we had about that information could not be answered by our supervisors because it was not their information to relay from the beginning. In addition, every minute of the shift was micromanaged. This created a work culture where employees do not feel trusted nor competent, hence the high turnover. Just as a reference, -

Pros

free pizza, remote

Cons

Everything else

Great place to work!

The NBA is a great company! Very professional environment and a great company to deal with. Very honest people who truly care about the well being of Canadians with disabilities. I recommend The NBA to anyone who needs help claiming the benefits to which they deserve.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

What a productive company to work for

Love working for this commonly because it’s productive and professional.Great working atmosphere and great people Great team to work with and nothing is ever too much trouble

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

Never wanna leave

Just a fun work environemtn

I don't think I've ever been in a work environment that was so much fun. It really contributed to actually enjoying coming into work. Everyone is just so fun, friendly and warm and it just makes the whole job experience that much more enjoyable.

Friendly and stress free environment

Great work environment. Stress free and accepting. Supportive and encouraging management. Overall a good work experience. Would highly recommend others to work here.

Pros

Free lunch once in a while.

NBA is a great place to work!

The NBA fosters a great environment that makes you look forward to working every day. The CEO works round the clock to ensure that his staff is appreciated and has fun food surprises like pizza, bagels and popcorn delivered regularly to our homes! There is a family-like feeling between employees at the NBA which is hard to match anywhere else.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

No Cons

Amazing company

This is a amazing company. Best way to claim your tax benifits! They are a understanding team, always there to work with you. Highly recommend using this company and working for them

A+ workplace!

The NBA family took me in and made me feel apart of thiers, from weekly gourmet food deliverys to commonly checking in on me and my family I've never worked in such a amazing place before

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

Had to buy soo much Tupperware

Great place to work!

First off, I will start with the owner. Akiva, he’s a great person to work for. He’s honest, kind, respectful and even funny. I also enjoy knowing that aside for the fact that I am making money at this job, I am also helping Canadians get the money they deserve. And for that I am very proud. The coworkers and atmosphere is generally pleasant and enjoyable. I very much recommend this place to work and grow in your business life.

Pros

Pay, atmosphere, training, work-life balance

Great place to work.

Pleasant work environment. Management is very patient and understanding of work/life balance. Competitive wages. Staff and management are very accommodating.

O.K company to work for

This is a great company to gain the much-needed experience for people who do not have the luxury of getting employed at a big law firm. There is diversity in our job descriptions, therefore we get to dabble in a little bit of everything, which is great for your resume! The company also has fun and interactive activities that foster positive employee morale. They often provide monetary incentives for participation in these as well. While this is great, the pay is terrible. We are generally overworked in comparison to the compensation we receive. Pay is well below the industry standard. Most managers are great, especially my direct manager, but upper management ignores our requests for better pay,in spite of suggestions for this every monthly check-in meeting (which are also great). Better pay =less turnover for jobs that require a specific skill-set. On the other hand, certain requests are accommodated promptly and I can say that this also fosters positivity in the workplace.

Pros

Snacks, check-in meetings, fun activities

Cons

Pay

Great Entry Level Legal Position

If you are looking for a first job out of post-secondary education and do not have the privilege of working for a top firm or sizable corporation with a legal department, The National Benefit Authority is a great starting spot for your legal career. The National Benefit Authority provides a work/life balance that is well above-average. The company is actively willing to work with the personal lives of all employees to allow them to work flexible hours beyond the traditional 9-5 workday. I have seen many examples of this in my short time here. The National Benefit Authority offers what I think is a pretty solid benefits package, at what I believe is a low price taken from my bi-weekly paycheque. I do believe my hourly wage (salary is not offered for non-management) could be higher as it is below industry average. In my department, I don't see a large chance to advance as there is only one management position. The company as a whole works on a call-center model, which does not mesh well with specialized roles such as tax and legal. Upper management at The National Benefit Authority has been very positive in suggesting of me to progress my legal qualifications. Additionally, upper management has also taken steps to individualize the work tasks of specialized roles after suggestions from staff. I feel that most of my concerns are handled correctly and effectively by upper management. Management overall is effective in their problem-solving, company development and all other aspects of management. I have never been met with negative attitudes when inquiring to management -

Great work enviroment!

Loved working there. They treat their employees very well. Great work environment. Enjoyed helping fellow Canadians with their disability benefits. Definitely would recommend working there.

Pros

Very good to their employees

Great company to work for

I have yet to meet more kind and caring individuals. Both upper management as well as regular employees - everyone is treated not only fairly but like family. I actually look forward to coming to work every day!

Incompetent leadership

Was great in the beginning...that changed and management cared more about quantity over quality... the mood became somber... we were treated with no respect and ignored by management.

Great people to work with

The best thing about the National Benefit Authority is the people that work there. They are all very friendly, family oriented and support each other.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Too much management changes

Great Employer

I have been working at The National Benefit Authority for the 7 years and it has had its fair share of challenges; There were decisions made that at the time seemed extreme and excessive, however, I have a better understanding of why changes were made and those changes have allowed The NBA to continue to assist our clients with their application process. I appreciate the incentive program for each department, refreshments and healthy snacks are offered. I also must commend my team lead, my dept. manager and ultimately the CEO for working with me, through a very difficult time of caring for my aging parent suffering with dementia. They have allowed me the time needed to ensure his well being before arriving for work each morning, I was constantly stressed about my arrival time and concessions were made for my situation without hesitation. I enjoy working at The NBA and contributing to the success of the company in my role and the work I do everyday

Pros

Management open and accessible

Cons

No employee parking

Times changed

Was great in the beginning felt like a family...that changed and management cared more about quantity over quality... the mood became somber... we were treated with no respect and ignored by management

Productive and fun workplace.

I am working as a Paralegal Assistant at the National Benefit Authority. I have to say it is truly a privilege to work for the company that provides much needed assistance and professional help to the people with disabilities. I enjoy coming into the office every day mostly because of the meaningful job of helping people in the need and because of the friendly and positive atmosphere. Being a person with disability myself, I know how important the help that we provide on daily basis is. I would like to emphasize the atmosphere in the office that is truly friendly and positive: all team members are very friendly and willing to assist their co-workers. Our CEO is very approachable and full of understanding. It provides me with the great pleasure to see that the company’s management sees through and values each employee’s opinion, taking suggestions and is open for feedback and new ideas. The NBA is really a great place to work.

Pros

Meaningful job of helping people with disabiliries, great atmosphere, friendly co-workers

Cons

Long commute if you don't live in the area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The National Benefit Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement