The National Benefit Authority

The National Benefit Authority Employee Reviews

Really understanding employer, makes sure everyone in the company has a voice and is taken care of. Lots of opportunities to move around within the company. Providing a great service to Canadians with disabilities in helping them get money back that they're entitled to
Pros
Good communication between all levels
Cons
Can't think of any
This is not a job you are goin to make a career out of consider it working for a small family business where you are replaceable. For get about work life balance and you better not get sick they dnt even trust u to breathe there is always someone watching u on camera hidden all over the office to monitor everything u do get ready to go stand in line on a monday evening to cash your cheque in this day and age a cheque that is OFTEN INCORRECT!!!!
Pros
You get a pay cheque and work experience
Cons
The whole job
Enjoyable place to work. COVID is obviously an unusual situation but remote work is going smoothly, and the company's technology works well. Nice bunch of people and would definitely recommend.
When I applied for this job, I was informed that the pay was $30/hr. However, when I received the job over, it stated that in 2 months, the rate will be reduced to $16.50/hour. That should of been my first hint about how transparent the company is to their employees. I began to work there and training was 2 weeks long which was okay. However, once I began working, I quickly realized that what they had told us our job would be, was not it. They were preparing us for calls that we were only doing less than 5% of the time. The majority of time was spent making cold calls to previous "potential" customers from over 5 years ago. Then, I was asked to switch my shifts (which was great), but was asked to keep this a secret from the rest of my coworkers. A supervisor asking their employee to lie to the other employees for their own sake says a lot about the work culture in itself.Furthermore, leaders were NOT honest with their employees at all. There was a huge cap between lower level employees and higher management because there was zero communication between them which is very essential in the operations of ANY business. However, upper management passed along messages to managers, who passed it along to supervisors, who passed it along to us. However, any questions that we had about that information could not be answered by our supervisors because it was not their information to relay from the beginning. In addition, every minute of the shift was micromanaged. This created a work culture where employees do not feel trusted nor competent, hence the high turnover. Just as a reference, - more...
Pros
free pizza, remote
Cons
Everything else
The NBA is a great company! Very professional environment and a great company to deal with. Very honest people who truly care about the well being of Canadians with disabilities. I recommend The NBA to anyone who needs help claiming the benefits to which they deserve.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Love working for this commonly because it’s productive and professional.Great working atmosphere and great people Great team to work with and nothing is ever too much trouble
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Never wanna leave
About 30 of us were recruited for customer service representative position, but is really just a call center position. In the job posting they posted the pay with the government subsidy $30/hr when you finished your interview they sent you the contract with the real pay which is $16.50 the $30 only lasted 2 months basically like a bait to get more people to apply. You get coaching every single day from the supervisor before the end of your shift. 3 months probation time but terminating people for no reason right before their probation time is done (the reason they give you is “your service is no longer needed ”)Within 2 months time 30 people from our group went down to less than 6, so no job security what so ever... turn over rate is really high, no communication from management except for coaching calls. Many fake 5 star reviews beware.
Pros
Free pizza when you first join the company
Cons
No job security, coaching everyday, no management support.
I don't think I've ever been in a work environment that was so much fun. It really contributed to actually enjoying coming into work. Everyone is just so fun, friendly and warm and it just makes the whole job experience that much more enjoyable.
Great work environment. Stress free and accepting. Supportive and encouraging management. Overall a good work experience. Would highly recommend others to work here.
Pros
Free lunch once in a while.
The NBA fosters a great environment that makes you look forward to working every day. The CEO works round the clock to ensure that his staff is appreciated and has fun food surprises like pizza, bagels and popcorn delivered regularly to our homes! There is a family-like feeling between employees at the NBA which is hard to match anywhere else.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
No Cons
I am very grateful to the national benefit authority for hiring me, with good pay, and a very understanding employer. The employer has been very helpful and assisted me in a unique way.
This is a amazing company. Best way to claim your tax benifits! They are a understanding team, always there to work with you. Highly recommend using this company and working for them
Cons
The NBA family took me in and made me feel apart of thiers, from weekly gourmet food deliverys to commonly checking in on me and my family I've never worked in such a amazing place before
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Had to buy soo much Tupperware
First off, I will start with the owner. Akiva, he’s a great person to work for. He’s honest, kind, respectful and even funny. I also enjoy knowing that aside for the fact that I am making money at this job, I am also helping Canadians get the money they deserve. And for that I am very proud. The coworkers and atmosphere is generally pleasant and enjoyable. I very much recommend this place to work and grow in your business life.
Pros
Pay, atmosphere, training, work-life balance
Pleasant work environment. Management is very patient and understanding of work/life balance. Competitive wages. Staff and management are very accommodating.
This company is well organized and professional. The training is straight forward, with lots of opportunities to ask questions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help people and actually make a difference.
If you are retired or just graduating from school and you need money, this would be the best choice for employment. This is not a long term place to be.
This is a great job if you love helping others. I get a great sense of fulfillment at the end of each day knowing I was able to help Canadians with disabilities!
Pros
Good work environment, interactive staff events, and free snacks and lunches.
Cons
As it is a call centre position there aren't very many opportunities to move around.
This is a great company to gain the much-needed experience for people who do not have the luxury of getting employed at a big law firm. There is diversity in our job descriptions, therefore we get to dabble in a little bit of everything, which is great for your resume! The company also has fun and interactive activities that foster positive employee morale. They often provide monetary incentives for participation in these as well. While this is great, the pay is terrible. We are generally overworked in comparison to the compensation we receive. Pay is well below the industry standard. Most managers are great, especially my direct manager, but upper management ignores our requests for better pay,in spite of suggestions for this every monthly check-in meeting (which are also great). Better pay =less turnover for jobs that require a specific skill-set. On the other hand, certain requests are accommodated promptly and I can say that this also fosters positivity in the workplace.
Pros
Snacks, check-in meetings, fun activities
Cons
Pay
If you are looking for a first job out of post-secondary education and do not have the privilege of working for a top firm or sizable corporation with a legal department, The National Benefit Authority is a great starting spot for your legal career. The National Benefit Authority provides a work/life balance that is well above-average. The company is actively willing to work with the personal lives of all employees to allow them to work flexible hours beyond the traditional 9-5 workday. I have seen many examples of this in my short time here. The National Benefit Authority offers what I think is a pretty solid benefits package, at what I believe is a low price taken from my bi-weekly paycheque. I do believe my hourly wage (salary is not offered for non-management) could be higher as it is below industry average. In my department, I don't see a large chance to advance as there is only one management position. The company as a whole works on a call-center model, which does not mesh well with specialized roles such as tax and legal. Upper management at The National Benefit Authority has been very positive in suggesting of me to progress my legal qualifications. Additionally, upper management has also taken steps to individualize the work tasks of specialized roles after suggestions from staff. I feel that most of my concerns are handled correctly and effectively by upper management. Management overall is effective in their problem-solving, company development and all other aspects of management. I have never been met with negative attitudes when inquiring to management - more...
Loved working there. They treat their employees very well. Great work environment. Enjoyed helping fellow Canadians with their disability benefits. Definitely would recommend working there.
Pros
Very good to their employees