THE MONITORING CENTER Employee Reviews

terrible management.
Customer service / Central station agent (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 October 2018
the owner does not love people of color and basically lets his son run wild in the place and pretend he is better than the other employees. Great job for someone who is in between jobs but would not recommend long term. Also, they owner will sit at home watching the agents on cameras all day and call to reprimand them for even talking or not facing their desks between calls.
Pros
they pay on time
Cons
micromanagement, poor staff attitude, watched on camera all day
20 November 2018

The Monitoring Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against, race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We employ individuals from all walks of life and appreciate the diversity that they bring to our work environment.

The Monitoring Center is a 24/7 security alarm company, our main focus is ensuring the safety and protection of our customers. This means that when there are emergency situations to be handled, it is employees first priority to do so in a professional and respectful manner. As employers, we encourage a fun and supportive working environment while handling stressful situations.

Team work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 July 2018
I have learned how to multi-task incredibly efficiently in this fast paced environment.

The most enjoyable part of working at The Monitoring Center is most definitely the strong emphasis on Team Work and collaboration ... all departments rely on each other and work together in order to attain our common goals.

TMC has been like a 2nd home!!!!

I would recommend to my friends in a heartbeat.
Pros
Family oriented collaborative work place

Hello,

Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy that you have enjoyed and continue to enjoy your experience here with the TMC family! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to the continued success and growth of The Monitoring Center.

Family Run Business Focused on Employee Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 July 2018
A family run business that goes out of its way to support its employees. A fun work atmospher in a busy fast pased industry. In this company you don't get lost as you would in a large organization. You feel like the management actually cares about your well being and life.
Pros
Summer BBQ's, Company Outtings, Holiday Celebration.
Great place to work, friendly environment
Supervisor/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  2150 Winston Park Dr Unit 17, Oakville, ON L6H 5V113 July 2018
I've been employed at the monitoring center for 2 years now. I have grown so much in these past 2 years professional and have had the opportunity to advance positions. Quick and fast paced job especially in the central station. Continental shifts which can be rewarding having days off during the week for appointments and family. We consider our coworkers more like family and are all easy to talk to and get along with. Management is great and very understanding, they want to see you succeed and are easy to ask questions to if you are unsure of anything. I would recommend anyone to work here if they are looking for a job where you actually help people and feel like you have made a difference for the better in someone else life. The hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing with live emergency situations, you have to think quickly and be time sensitive. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people make sure that there homes and loved ones are safe.
Pros
Great place to work, great management

Hello,

Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy that you have enjoyed and continue to enjoy being part of The Monitoring Center! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to the continued success and growth of The Monitoring Center!

Stressful Envrionment
Accoutning (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 February 2018
They really don't care about anything except their bottom line. The management is extremely poor and it is a very stressful work environment. The hours are long and you really don't feel appreciated at the end of the day. Nothing is ever good enough. If you have any personal issues that need to be dealt with at home, they will NOT care. NOT a family oriented business.
Pros
Christmas lunch & birthday celebrations
Cons
Long hours, minimum pay, poor management, stressful
20 November 2018

The Monitoring Center is a family owned and operated organization and prides its self on being understanding and supportive of its employees. We strive to ensure that all employees feel appreciated and respected. The Monitoring Centers management team ensures that their employees know that we are here to support them within reasonable limitations that do not negatively effect business efficiencies.

Demanding position
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 September 2017
Supervise and delegate work to Shift Supervisors
Created Day and Night-shift Duty Schedules
Hire and Trained new operators for Day and Night shifts.
Handle Customer problems and queries over the phone.
Handle Customer Disputes with Police and Fire Dispatches
Defuse Account Issues with Irate Customers
Created daily and weekly Team Statistics within the Department
Maintained all Central Station Equipment
Handle overflow of incoming/outgoing phone calls and alarm handling
Handle incoming emails from customers
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Family run business. Not much thought is given to employees and their bottom line is all that matters
COLLECTIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2016
Stressful job in that you are their to work and nothing else. Co-workers would always come in and continue working without daily socializing.
Pros
Christmas Lunches
Cons
Strict Management with no working structure. Your there to work and not socialize
normal
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakville12 June 2014
its a normal place to work on not much benefits management is not good training is poor
Great management.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 January 2014
I liked the management that i worked for, they were understanding and very easy to work for.
Pros
great management.
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE MONITORING CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

THE MONITORING CENTER Reviews by Location