The Mobile Shop Employee Review

View all The Mobile Shop reviews

Was fun at first....
Mobile Advisor (Current Employee) –  Blackmarsh Rd, St. John's NL23 March 2012
A typical day at work includes customer account check up, sales, and customer service in general. Right up until Christmas things were going great. But under-staffing, and the inability to hire qualified staff left only 3 employees for 2 locations. I was doing split shifts between Mount Pearl and St. John's which was difficult. Right now, hours have been cut, Managers have resigned. My Coworkers are FABULOUS to be honest... they are truly great. The hardest part of the job is that we can go DAYS without a sale, and for a job that has base pay PLUS commission.... NOT getting the commission is difficult. I find that the most enjoyable part of the position is truly the customer interaction. ... ( when we have customers)....
Pros
possibility of commission
Cons
lack of job stability..

Other The Mobile Shop Employee Reviews

Poor HR recruitment, horrible onboarding experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON16 July 2019
This company, took about one month and half to make a decision to hire or not.

I was recruited by someone who was in HR. I went to the scheduled interview, did very well and was told I was hired by the manager who interviewed me. HR needed some background information done. I had filled it and waited to hear back. I had some prior conviction but nothing that couldn't be overlooked through my previous Sales experience and I had a job in the same industry. The HR recruiter had given me the runaround for about a month and asked me to get a police record check done and I had followed instructions. Meanwhile they had sent me documents declaring I was temporarily hired. After waiting to receive the police report and paying from my pocket. The recruiter had told me it wouldn't be a problem and they were just waiting for the documents to be recieved. The week I had received them, she emailed saying she had left the company and I was now dealing with someone else who was reviewing by case. By the end of it, they had wasted my time and rejected me based on a DUI conviction and Failure to appear. Meanwhile, thinking I was hired because that's what the first recruiter made it seem to be. Overall I felt lead on, and extremely disappointed for the time wasted going back and forth. I never seen an onboarding process so unorganized and unprofessional. Well thats my split milk.
Seemed nice at first.
Mobilist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 July 2019
Shady and manipulative management. Had my bonuses stripped because targets were changed at the end of the month. Said they'd give training, no training ever received. Claimed to offer benefits, no benefits at all. Manager will undermine and insult you when speaking to customers.
Pros
Cellphone discount
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Mobile Shop. Our community is ready to answer.