The Mobile Shop Employee Reviews for Mobile Advisor

Horrid place
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB20 May 2019
The pay isn't bad but all they want you to do is push the phones and not worry about the customer. They merged my district with another and then proceeded to fire all the managers in my district, when they did that i walked out
Pros
do nothing all day because no one comes to you
Cons
they fire you easily
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 February 2019
Fun and rewarding place to work. Good customer base
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON21 September 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. Everyday learning new products and working with multiple mobile companies. Working with the public and helping them to understand the mobile world was always interesting. Working for a leading company with the opportunity for growth and development was a rewarding experience.
Meh
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 September 2018
Spent most of my time trying to find things to do, such as cleaning the kiosk, and helping customers in the store find their groceries.

Very boring job.
Standing for your full shift.
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario31 March 2018
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Western Canada24 February 2018
Great
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON6 April 2017
great work place management at the time wasn't the greatest commission based work place. dealing with seven different carries benefits are good. have to deal with customer all day that means customer service is key and selling is to top it off by winning the clients.
Fun environment and strong leadership
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
The Mobile Shop has a great culture and is a fun work environment, the leadership team was great to work with as well as my peers.
Mobile Kiosk
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 April 2016
The Mobile Shops are located all through Canada in the Super Stores and Loblaw locations. The support you receive from management helped me a great deal. About 3 years ago I decided to transfer from Ontario to Alberta and with Mobile Shops help it was breeze. When they have talented employees they will do whatever they have to keep them and accommodate you the best way they can. I cant thank them enough for everything they did for me int he past years that I was employed there!
Being a Mobile Advisor
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 November 2015
Some people aren't comfortable with the environment at first due to the fact that not everyone is able to intercept with customers. People are afraid of what the people might say or make the mistake of giving wrong information. I learned that people will walk in just to try and ruin your day. The hardest part of the job would have to be getting a customer to sign up for a phone and keep the service. The enjoyable part would have to be when you sell. Co-workers are great, had no problem getting along with them.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Dead days (no sales)
The Mobile Shop
Mobile Advisor (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB21 February 2015
Good place to work, good people, poor management but commission is good, love working with customer service and the environment is good
Great place to develop sales skills
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anonymous10 September 2014
Had the opportunity to be among the first group of people that integrated this company. Lots of opportunity for me to grow and learn how to put a sales technique in place. Management helped me improve my skills. Not easy to grow in this company. Great colleagues
Pros
Nice entry level job. Great for learning
Cons
No room for growth
Very cultured work environment
Mobile Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, Alberta29 January 2014
A typical day at work includes opening the store which means counting the cash to make sure it's all there, making sure the kiosk and surrounding area is clean, and flipping the cell phone displays so that the customers are able to view them. Then you basically have to figure out how to get customers to come to the stand and figure out if they want/need a new cell phone or a new plan/carrier and sell them on it.
I learned all about how to work and utilize the different cell phones that are out there, which phone company is the best, which is the worst, which has the best prices, which is most expensive. I also learned how to make a sale.
Management isn't all that great, I haven't seen my boss in a month, he continually doesn't tell me what I'm working until the day before I have to work it, schedules me for days I said I was unavailable, etc. Very unorganized.
My coworkers, however, are great! Always help me when I have questions that need to be answered, always corrects me if I'm doing something wrong, they are very easy-going and laid-back, they are very easy to get along with and friendly!
The hardest part of the job is getting customers to come in and purchase a cell phone, there are many nights where you sit there and not talk to anybody for hours on end. And then when you do talk to a customer, it's to instruct them on how to use their phone.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I did actually make a sale, seeing the commission that I'd earned, the rewards that I received, the coworkers are awesome, and the customers are super friendly.
Pros
Good commission/pay, great customers
Cons
Long hours working by yourself, management is extremely unorganized
Not a bad job if we can get the costumers
Mobile Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB18 July 2013
My day at this job composes of selling a cell phone to a costumer. When we have to costumer it can be a very enjoyable experience. I like interacting with the co-workers as well as the costumers that come to the kiosk even if they don't by a phone. Hardest part of the would be pleasing an angry customer that cannot be pleased.
Pros
getting to meet new people and helping them with a new phone
Cons
having to stand on my feet for 8hours at a time
Great Idea, poor management
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 June 2013
this company has the potential to go far, if there is a change in the upper eschelon of management.
Was fun at first....
Mobile Advisor (Current Employee) –  Blackmarsh Rd, St. John's NL23 March 2012
A typical day at work includes customer account check up, sales, and customer service in general. Right up until Christmas things were going great. But under-staffing, and the inability to hire qualified staff left only 3 employees for 2 locations. I was doing split shifts between Mount Pearl and St. John's which was difficult. Right now, hours have been cut, Managers have resigned. My Coworkers are FABULOUS to be honest... they are truly great. The hardest part of the job is that we can go DAYS without a sale, and for a job that has base pay PLUS commission.... NOT getting the commission is difficult. I find that the most enjoyable part of the position is truly the customer interaction. ... ( when we have customers)....
Pros
possibility of commission
Cons
lack of job stability..