The Mobile Shop

The Mobile Shop Employee Reviews

Canada117 reviews
Disappointed
At the beginning management is great but aftwr working for how many years and after changing so many time fir the management it gets worst all they care is money doest care about the employee had a bad experience with company!!!!!
Good for experience
The team environment was very toxic leading to a lot of sales associate leaving within a few months of join (same trend in all stores across the country) but other than that it is good place to get some experience.
Great people, tough products
Learning 10 carriers is not for the faint of heart. Sounds easy but I'm very experienced in wireless sales and it took me 3 - 4 months to sort it all out. The pay is garbage and their support of stores daily needs like repairs and supplies is bad. The ppl who work there and in management are caring and compassionate. I just wish there was better pay and support.VERY$$ focused.
Poor work environment
The first year I worked there was great. With the changes they made, it went entirely downhill. There is zero work life balance and no one is paid enough for the expectations they demand. Management is awful. They wonder why they can’t keep people then don’t listen when they do exit interviews. You can make more money to do the same job elsewhere.
Worst of all!
Worst company to work if you are not canadian. Full of racist people. No job security. Biased behaviour from upper management even HR is corrupted. Double standards.
Great place to start off
It is a good place to start your career as long as you make sure to keep up with your targets. Management is pretty good and coworkers are very nice people too.
Productive and Fun environment
Great sales teams. Very hardworking and dedicating sales teams always thinking innovative ideas to boost and promote sales. Helping customers above and beyond.
Major improvement Needed
First of all ,Working at Tms was really fun for the first month I really enjoyed it,However after sometime it was a nightmare,I never had a real day off as my Manger at the time kept calling me nonstop for no reason at all, Tms has been a learning curve but for all the reasons not positive ,I was written up over the phone for something I had no control over.My stress and anxiety levels sky rocketed due to the disorganization of the management and the non-essential pressure of hitting unrealistic targets .If you are thinking of applying here please be cautious as this job will mentally drain you and they do not train their associates properly.
Pros
Learning about Cellphone plans, Exceptional Co-Workers, Steady Hours
Cons
Vexatious Managers, Unrealistic standards, Poor Judgement calls
Good job if you want to stand around and do nothing
So let's put this in a direct form. The location sucks and hardly get anyone to come to the store even if you try your best to push that. Management needs tons of work. Like tons. And most of all the sales that was promised to me for the past 3 months is a joke. To me, no one wants to come in a grocery store to get a phone. They are there to get food.
Very Sales Focused Not Fun At All
Company only care's about profit which people do what ever it take's to get sale's. They have no need to help there employee's if they don't sell they will just find new one's that will push product on customer's that is not needed to drive more profit.
Same customers everyday
They expect more without giving proper training to there employ, too much employ churn ratio due wrong promotions. Lot more is required for there training department.
Self productive work place
Only Self development.
No Proper training.

For full time employees 32 to 35 hours work is the average.

4 to 6 hours shifts are the normal availability.

Difficult to get weekly offs.
Its not the worst.
I worked here for a while, it is a fast paced environment with a low pay wage for what you are expected to keep up on. With multiple carriers and low commission the company does not respect their employees.
Great opportunity to earn more than your hourly
Great place to work while attending school.
Atmosphere was very competitive to meet sale quotas and surpass them, customer rapport is very important, you will meet new circles of people.

The hardest part was working in close proximity to customers and co workers.
Great Company with Improvements Galore
I can honestly say that the Mobile
Shop is a great place to work. They are focused on people and customers. Most people that work there stay because of the growth opportunities and one of the highest compensation plans in the industry. The company has high standards as do the customers that shop there.
competitive
A lot of international students get hired here and they are very pushy on sales if you share sales with them, they will not return the favor. If you want to do well you have to look out for your self cause its not a team atmosphere.
Horrible company with Racist DM
The Mobile Shop is the worst company in the industry to work for, stay as far away as possible. High turnover with no proper training and unrealistic expectations. District manager is a blatant racist and makes horrible decisions because he is not equipped to do his job. He should not be employed as a sales rep let alone District Manager. This whole company is a mess and needs a huge overhaul.
Major changes needed
I worked at TMS for a few years and at the beginning it was a really fun place to work, but then with multiple changes in management the place began to change. For starters they hire almost anyone and then management gets mad when they don’t produce numbers. The compensation structure requires you to sell a certain amount of phones in order to get benefits whereas their competitors offer benefits from day one and have a way higher commission per sale. The job tries to to be more serious than it needs to be they have mandatory conference calls where you’ll be threatened with a write up if you don’t ask any questions. This place has a really high turn over because its to much hassle for 14/Hr . The work and life balance is horrible as your manager will call you multiple times on your day off, or ask you to miss school if your location is understaffed and If you so they show no appreciation. There are way better Cell phone retailers to work for in my opinion.
Lame base pay, but top notch commission and bonus
I've worked at several cell phone retailers and none if them are as great to work for as TMS. The Mobile Shop offers associate bonus programs and the commission is the best that I've seen in cellular sales. I love it
A lot of customer interaction
Fun place to be in. I developed people skills and the extra commission per sale helped me develop a sense of healthy competition. Lot of space for growth and hard work has its rewards.
Typical sales job
Manager's discretion is a bit restricted. I felt the upper management was trying to micro manage the store a bit too much leaving the manager restricted in decision making