The Miller Group
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

The Miller Group Employee Reviews

Canada93 reviews

Great place for short term

I was part of the Highway Maintenance division, great place to gain experience but poor management, junk equipment, and poor Maintenance. Very stressful

Pros

Experience on equipment

Cons

Poor management, junk equipment, poor maintenance, not much care for your safety

Company will work you to death and then treat you like garbage if you don't bend to every will of the higher up even if you know it's wrong

Company is trash office staff shows Favoritism you won't get what you want unless they have a meeting about you and either they don't want you there or they want to watch you suffer and play with your pay check cost of living Raise is all but garbage your lucky to have a few cents never does an employee review and when you do they usually are wanting to fire you and the lead hand will feed the office staff false information about you there's really nothing good about this company 5o make a long story short

Pros

Paid weekly and dental plan was good

Cons

To many for 10 commas and under 100 characters

Great stability for low wage

Job title kept out for anonymity.This role is a dead end. Seems to be a theme that Miller expects you to be ok working in a role for 10+ years, while being ok with 1.5% raise each year. No opportunity for raise or promotion in the office. Poor work environment, management has a lead with fear approach and employees have a "that's not my job" approach. HR department is basically useless.Got a nice $150 gift card for Christmas though. That really helped with all the extra costs due to inflation...not

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No support for extra work

Productive always something different

Decent job friendly co workers you spend a lot of time with people so you learn a lot of new things and pick up stuff you didn’t know you could do!!!!

Pros

Lots of driving

Cons

Could be stuck doing nothing

What a joke

Full-time commitment, part-time pay. You are required to be available 24/7 on-call to plow snow, however the reality is you will only work a few hours per month or less. Pay works out to minimum wage even with standby. Training is a joke, they tell you they’ll pay you for your time but not until your first pay check comes a month after you are “hired.” Employees smoke in company vehicles. Dispatch plays favorites, Management has no idea what they’re doing. The public absolutely HATES you on the road. I would not recommend working here.I was very disappointed with my experience at Miller.

Pros

Free coffee, when the machine worked.

Cons

Low wages, unpredictable hours, poor management, dangerous driving

The Attititude and Demeanor is really low with Management NO RESPECT FROM MANAGEMENT

Management is GarbageTreat employees like garbageNO RESPECT GIVENMickey Mouse Company If you cannot believe this You'll find out when you start working here

Pros

Money is great

Cons

No respect

occasional free lunches

pretty great company to work for compared to other recycling/garbage companies in the industry. team environment is pretty key where if someone is behind generally everyone goes at the end of their routes to help them finish.

Pros

free lunches, decent pay

Cons

gotta work in horrible weather

Awful

Poorly run, management is a joke, don't waste your time! They tell you they care,when really your just another number. Needs a complete overhaul, from the top down. Used to be a GREAT place to work, but soon as original founder died, the place has gone right down hill.

Pros

Cons

Too many to mention.

Do not work for Miller

Miller is a dog eat dog company. If unbridled submission is your thing, Miller has a place for you. I was told by upper management to use the rear of the truck as a toilet to get the job done faster. Co-works are competitive. Long work days. This company is ran by heartless dictators.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Too much to list.

Don't work there!

Was hired on in the Niagara Region and was let go just yesterday for no reason at all along with numerous other employees. Yes I was new to the industry, but I showed up everyday putting 150% in! Yet they still dropped me like it was nothing. Don't work for this company. This is my second experience with The Miller Group and the second time they have royally screwed me. Don't trust them, you're just another number there. There's no job security.

Pros

Good pay and benifits

Cons

Nothing, everything else is a joke

Don’t work for them

Was hired for the Niagara region new contract was on probation for three months I worked a month and they let me go with no reason behind it did everything they ask of me was on time did my work as needed when I was done work went to other maps as needed and helped with the crews in those maps this company sucks they use you and let you go

Pros

None they use you

Cons

All of them they use you

Horrible managment

horrible supervisors and foremen. Unfair. wont give you full time hours even if you prove yourself. worked 2-3 day weeks for months and when i asked for more hours they cut my shifts further

Miller Waste is a great career opportunity!

I have been with the company for a couple years now and can honestly say it’s a great place to work, there’s plenty of work for everyone and the incentives and benefits are great along with the pay. The job definitely has its days where it’s physically exhausting but as long as your fit and able to push yourself through the labour it’s a very rewarding place to work. I would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys being physically active.

Pros

Incentive bonus, good overtime, good benefits and a great team to work with.

Cons

Work your butt off with zero reward

The company has you work 14 hour days. No lunch breaks. Managment keeps pushing you harder and harder. Trucks always are breaking down. Mechanics suck. Company policies tell you not to do certain things meanwhile everyone that works there is breaking the policies

Don't work here unless your a Sheep

The physical work isnt the problem the problem is that you can't take any breaks even a lunch for a 12 hr shift day so your body is sore all day and your going to be limping and your wrist will feel like its broken , and you need a break to feel refresh and they say you can take 1 but in reality you can't. plus you have to fight with your coworker to take a break because he's wants to work you to the ground.

Pros

Cons

No Breaks which is illegal

Great Management. Fun job.

It doesnt feel like a job. To me, it feels like a gym workout where you go sweat it out and have a little fun at the same time. Management are awesome, they make you feel comfortable and feel home. Great benefits. The manager is the most wonderful boss I've ever met. Supervisor is charming and witty. Very helpful to his team. Mostly people who work there are nice.

Pros

Great benefits, secured job

Cons

Long hours during winter time.

Great atmosphere to work in.

Management and staff, kind and caring. Very professional work atmosphere, and fun. I was a call in basis, I had a full time job at the time. Worked well with my schedule and HOS.

Pros

Free lunches

Nice place to work.

People working at Miller waste inc Cambridge are friendly and helpful, the management and everybody works as a team. Safety is their first priority.

Pros

Friendly management.

Cons

Working outside in all weather condition.

Like a dog is the key about this job.

What can I say if you want to be worked like a dog then this is the job for you. No breaks without someone up you butt and they like to make you work over your legal limits as a commercial driver.

Do not work here!

No job security. They have a very high turnover rate. They hired me and fired me within 2 weeks based on a coworker making up stuff about me because he didn't like me. No assessments done by the supervisors yet they fired me due to performance issues. Their trucks are not maintained and have mto infractions. They make you break the law so that you can go the speed they want you to.

Pros

Pay

Cons

bad management, illegal requirements

The partner is make it or break it

If you get a good partner then it is a fun job. If you have a bad partner, then the job will feel so laboring and draining. Some people will make you feel like you're their burden.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Miller Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement