The Miller Group Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Equipment Operator/Plow Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2018
Good place to work bad work life balance good opportunityies to learn new things and meet new people managemnet is great very friendly benefits arent the greatest
Terrible Work Culture but Good job
Patrolman/ Crash Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 September 2018
Miller Group is one of those jobs thats really great to have as its a steady pay with full time hours and benefits. It is just not always the safest being out on the side of the highways. Especially QEW.
Pros
Steady Salary
Cons
Safety Concern HIGHWAY
Past worker for a couple of seasons until company chopped pay
Plow Operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON22 December 2018
Was a decent place to work with frequent less than safe workplace practices, people smoking in buildings...(government owned), and $4-6/hour pay decrease. For a company that size should have pay increases for working all hours and in adverse conditions to provide employees what there worth
Pros
Late equipment
Cons
Long hours, serious decrease in pay
enjoy working at miller happy for all the training
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 November 2018
I am thankful for the training they provided me to continue to forward my career and would like to say they have a good group of employees to work with. the management team works hard to keep employees safe
Pros
good work hours
Cons
only seasonal/summer work
Great place to work!
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON1 December 2018
I'm currently with miller and this place is great. Awesome pay and management treat their employee's awesome and are very fair! Everyone saying it's "seasonal/summer" work. I've been here all year-round! You won't regret working here!
Pros
Co workers, breaks, relaxed environment.
Poor Trainers
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2019
Trainers in this company don't like when there is an experienced bus driver, as they don't fully speak English as trainee's have a hard time understand the trainers.

They don't like experienced bus drivers as it makes them look lower than they are, even if you wish to stay as a Bus Operator, not a trainer.
Pros
Wages, hours of operation
Cons
trainers can't speak English properly, and don't give a valuable explanation when dismissing during training.
Bad
Driver (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON26 October 2018
Management with no managerial education/skills.
Management makes sure on a bad work culture.
Management changes rules to only benefit them.
Every year gets slower and slower.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Read above
great company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON7 December 2018
The miller group is a good company to work for, management care, there isnt much more to say, the company is a good company to work for, management is good.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Great company to work for
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
Enjoyed my time with the Miller Group.

I would recommend this company to anyone working in the construction industry.

Management takes the time to advance those willing.
Good place for advancement.
General Manager Miller Paving North Bay (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON16 March 2018
Over 15 years at the Miller Group I advanced my career into new positions several times. Miller supported my desire for growth but near the end I found the company's focus was changing and I no longer fit in. I chose to change my career focus at that time.
Pros
Privately owned. Career advancement
Cons
Change of management focus.
ruber tire away
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
good to work at miller, slow year looking to move on to something new and full time, great guys would stay if i could but i cant. and this is it have fun
Tierd and stressful
Road Crew (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
Too many chiefs poor conditions,in one ear out the other..managment favors family more than others ,unsafe job sites road crews overworked then shorted on pay hours,
Pros
Free water in cooler jugs
Cons
Laid off every year
Enjoyable workplace
York Region Transit Driver (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 December 2014
A typical day at work involves with bad weather and detour. I learned more about the city and routes. The management is great and well organized. i respect and cooperate with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is driving the bus in the bad weather and detour. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers and making sure that they are stratified.
Pros
Free service across the transit system and the benefits
Horrible Management
Shop (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON27 June 2018
I was working for a local business when I was approached for a position in this company. I was given a heck of a good speech and was promised a lot of support ...that didn’t happen. Coming into this position, they forgot to mention the mess this place was in. The huge pile of paperwork that was months behind and the very unhappy staff who had already given up. Basically, I was fed to a few wolves with no support or warning. He did manage to try and come once a week for a visit only to see him acting like a "bull in a china shop" and never taking the time to actually listen but only to be negative, ignorant and arrogant. It was very hard to focus on your primary duties with the catch up of paperwork plus the work load that happens daily as it is, as well dealing with a change over to a new system which held up the process to complete anything. Definitely was not given enough sufficient time or support to complete the "huge" task that was unexpected going into this. The support and feedback was absolutely terrible. Not once was I asked how I was doing or what has been accomplished or what I need to make changes. When he did ask a question and In trying to explain or answer, I was spoken down to. “I walked into this mess I didn't create it”. I went in drowning just trying to keep my head above water and when it came close to my three months and things were looking up that maybe I could focus on the job and prove what I was capable and expected of doing, I was let go...Definitely not given a fair chance.
Small town!! not too many jobs available...not cool management!!
Pros
Great Co workers
Very physical
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 January 2015
Excellent place to work salary is right up there, very physically demanding, long hours sometimes 16 hour shifts.Supervisors tend to show favoritism, but that happens pretty much anywhere. Worked the night shift so the crew consisted of 3 overall excellent crew.
Pros
excellent wages and benefits, paid every week
Cons
very long hours
fast paced
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Georgina, ON25 June 2018
on call 24/7 for winter events a team of men and women would take to the roads in plough trucks clearing and maintaining roads and highways for safe travel.
Difficult to balance family and personal time
Transit Bus Operator And Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2018
Although the pay rate and support from the supervisors, trainers and management are terrific, the balance of life and family time doesn't work well, no matter how you route or manage your time.

It's not their fault. It's the nature of the buisness.
Pros
Good pay, great training, good equipment
Cons
Difficult to balance personal time, hours are long and split shifts are not pleasant
I do not recommend working for this company
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 March 2018
I do not recommend working for this company. They do not value their employees as much as they need to. Employees get laid off during the winter every year.
Pros
Good and friendly work environment
Cons
Very low job security (people get laid of during the winter all the time)
Miller Paving
Project Manager/Estimator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
- poor management
- poor training
- promises are never kept
- good project
- good people to work with on field level
- poor pay scale
- no promotions
great company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON15 January 2018
good company to work for. was able to learn a lot from this company. management was excellent and always tried to place us on the job where we were most productive and efficient.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
worked outside in all weather conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Miller Group. Our community is ready to answer.