The Miller Group Employee Reviews

Great company.
Labourer/Flag Person (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON22 March 2018
Great company and great employees. Always meeting deadlines and guidelines on time and providing staff with nessecities. overall a fun work environment
a relaxed atmosphere to get the job done
Engineer Trainee - Projects (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 March 2018
a very organized and well respected team to work with. there are some policy that everybody has to follow, which is not that big of a deal. it is more for your own safety. it was a great period and I'm glad I had the opportunity to work at the Miller Group
I do not recommend working for this company
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 March 2018
I do not recommend working for this company. They do not value their employees as much as they need to. Employees get laid off during the winter every year.
Pros
Good and friendly work environment
Cons
Very low job security (people get laid of during the winter all the time)
Difficult to balance family and personal time
Transit Bus Operator And Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2018
Although the pay rate and support from the supervisors, trainers and management are terrific, the balance of life and family time doesn't work well, no matter how you route or manage your time.

It's not their fault. It's the nature of the buisness.
Pros
Good pay, great training, good equipment
Cons
Difficult to balance personal time, hours are long and split shifts are not pleasant
great company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON15 January 2018
good company to work for. was able to learn a lot from this company. management was excellent and always tried to place us on the job where we were most productive and efficient.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
worked outside in all weather conditions
Miller Paving
Project Manager/Estimator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
- poor management
- poor training
- promises are never kept
- good project
- good people to work with on field level
- poor pay scale
- no promotions
learning experience
Snow Plow Operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON29 November 2017
It is seasonal work . you only work when it snows. the shifts are twelve hours long. most of the time you are working all night and in the worst weather conditions possible.
construction
Head Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 October 2017
you learn alot when it comes to the operations side on how a product is made into a finished product and sold. great experience when it comes to learning how to operate machines from loaders to screeners and so forth
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
weekends and holidays
Best job ever
Inspector/Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 October 2017
If it had not been for my father being sick and havint to relocate in order to care for him in his final days I would still be employed with Miller. If relocating were an option at this point in my l;ife i would go back.
another day another dollar
Scale House Operator (Former Employee) –  Maxwell, ON17 October 2017
my typical day working for the Miller Group. I would get to the pit at 6 in the morning to start filling out the safety papers for all the workers to sign when they sign in for work. All the trucks would line up to get weighted and their tickets to take off on the road for the start of the day. Then in no time the work day was over, I'd fill in all the paper work needed then close up the scale house.
great company
Snow Plow Operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON8 September 2017
this job was great i was on call whenever there was a storm and i had so long to get there and i would work til the job was done being i would work all hours
Pros
free home cooked meals
Productive and fun place to work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Markham, Ontario5 August 2017
Good company to work for, I purchase parts and supplies for multiple divisions which makes the day go by fast, not one day is the same. Family owned business and the culture is like no other.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
Distance
Productive and fun workplace.
Senior Scale Operator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON18 July 2017
The division/corporate management were exceptional, they were family and will always be remembered as the best place I ever worked. The expectations they had for there employees were always fair, not unrealistic.
Productive and demanding.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 May 2017
Day started early, organize multiple mixes in silos to accommodate the Miller Groups daily contracts and customers daily requests for hot asphalt. Delegate daily duties to staff. Hardest part of the job was the long hours working 14 hour days. Great relationship with the plant staff.
Summer Job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON17 March 2017
I've worked for Miller Paving for two Summers and enjoyed it greatly. I've learned to use time management and safe work ethic in order to get the job done in time and to perfection
Working at Miller
Plow / Salt Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON27 February 2017
I find the Miller Group a great place to work, it takes care of it's employees and has a great future if you are able to find a full time position.
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 December 2016
Always have a job to come too. Different everyday. Good people. Management is always on your side. Happy to be apart of the team
Great co-workers,good working enviroment
Fuel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Monetville, ON30 November 2016
I loved working with this bunch of people ,everyone got along well and they taught me how to run a backhoe and loader, and i was certified for class 7 forklift,supervisors and managment got allong well with me
Pros
great place to work and awsome people to work for and with
Cons
2wd trucks...
long hours with a great working envirnment
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON23 November 2015
Working on an asphalt crew is a lot of fun if you like long hours and very detail oriented work. a typical day as a laborer included shoveling asphalt, laying out the road for the paving equipment assisting the operators with whatever they needed. the foreman was great but management was a bunch of white collared desk jockeys. a crew was typically made up of 10-12 workers who by the end of the season you grow very close to.
Pros
you get a great tan
Cons
they often forget to provide water for the workers
A very positive and educational experience.
Site manager for compost facility (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario27 March 2015
During the sixteen years of employment with The Miller Group I was able to learn and achieve many goals. Starting as a heavy equipment operator moving up to management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Miller Group. Our community is ready to answer.