The Miller Group

The Miller Group Employee Reviews

If you get a good partner then it is a fun job. If you have a bad partner, then the job will feel so laboring and draining. Some people will make you feel like you're their burden.
horrible supervisors and foremen. Unfair. wont give you full time hours even if you prove yourself. worked 2-3 day weeks for months and when i asked for more hours they cut my shifts further
I have been with the company for a couple years now and can honestly say it’s a great place to work, there’s plenty of work for everyone and the incentives and benefits are great along with the pay. The job definitely has its days where it’s physically exhausting but as long as your fit and able to push yourself through the labour it’s a very rewarding place to work. I would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys being physically active.
Pros
Incentive bonus, good overtime, good benefits and a great team to work with.
Cons
The company has you work 14 hour days. No lunch breaks. Managment keeps pushing you harder and harder. Trucks always are breaking down. Mechanics suck. Company policies tell you not to do certain things meanwhile everyone that works there is breaking the policies
The physical work isnt the problem the problem is that you can't take any breaks even a lunch for a 12 hr shift day so your body is sore all day and your going to be limping and your wrist will feel like its broken , and you need a break to feel refresh and they say you can take 1 but in reality you can't. plus you have to fight with your coworker to take a break because he's wants to work you to the ground.
Pros
Cons
No Breaks which is illegal
It doesnt feel like a job. To me, it feels like a gym workout where you go sweat it out and have a little fun at the same time. Management are awesome, they make you feel comfortable and feel home. Great benefits. The manager is the most wonderful boss I've ever met. Supervisor is charming and witty. Very helpful to his team. Mostly people who work there are nice.
Pros
Great benefits, secured job
Cons
Long hours during winter time.
Management and staff, kind and caring. Very professional work atmosphere, and fun. I was a call in basis, I had a full time job at the time. Worked well with my schedule and HOS.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
People working at Miller waste inc Cambridge are friendly and helpful, the management and everybody works as a team. Safety is their first priority.
Pros
Friendly management.
Cons
Working outside in all weather condition.
What can I say if you want to be worked like a dog then this is the job for you. No breaks without someone up you butt and they like to make you work over your legal limits as a commercial driver.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Miller Group?
No job security. They have a very high turnover rate. They hired me and fired me within 2 weeks based on a coworker making up stuff about me because he didn't like me. No assessments done by the supervisors yet they fired me due to performance issues. Their trucks are not maintained and have mto infractions. They make you break the law so that you can go the speed they want you to.
Pros
Pay
Cons
bad management, illegal requirements
The training provided was excellent, teamwork was very good and the work life balance was extremely important to them. The benefits provided to the employees were very good.
Pros
Good work life balChristmas
Cons
Location not ideal
Great place to work! Pay is amazing and the management treat you great! Hours are long but you are paid for them nicely. Only flaw I can say is that the hours do get a little tiring towards the end of the week but the pros outweigh the cons significantly!
It's like any other job it has its ups and downs but overall I'm happy to work at Miller Waste. The people I work with are great and easy to get along with.
Physically demanding job but rewarding. Coworkers are mostly great. Management is good. Lots of hours if you want them but it's not mandatory to work more than your designated days.
The company wanted a full time mechanic. Did not want to continue my apprenticeship . Worked well with everyone. Enjoyed the company culture. Plus Mechanic I was under said I was an excellent employee .
It’s a good environment to work in. Paid decently and you get to know a lot of people. Great teachers and an overall great place to work. A lot of locations and room to grow as well.
During my years at the Miller Group, I learned a great deal about highway maintenance and operations. The work culture has significantly changed over the course of my career as the company was bought by Colas - a company from Paris, France. There is little regard for work life balance and there is poor support from upper management.
i received alot of experience and met alot of new people. The management is very easy to deal with. they offered me different courses. i learned alot of different skills
This position was offered after a period of employment through an employment agency. Typical day started at 7 am ended at 4 pm. Learned how to sort recyclable garbage. Management not on the floor unless required for emergency. Hardest part of job was continuous standing and dealing with un-recyclable garbage. Most enjoyable part was interaction with other workers.
A great place to work. Spend a lot of time away from home, coworkers are great people and easy to get along with. The workers will teach you everything you need to know if you show interest in the job.
Enjoyed working there pay and benefits were good overall good company to work for room for advancement or change positions within the company friendly guys to work with you come like a big family
Comment – 31 January 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with Miller Waste. We champion a culture that is collaborative, inclusive and a friendly one.