The Marco Corporation

The Marco Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
Good starter job
I worked for Marco for 4 years. I went in as a temp and worked hard to get into a permanent position at the Hardy road location. It is not the greatest place to work however it served it purpose as a job to get me experience. I worked my way up from packaging on Henry street to eventually learning how to do customs paperwork. If you can handle the typical drama of warehouse work and sub par management its a great place to start out and move forward if you put the work in and let it be known you want to keep moving up. Opportunity to learn various jobs if you ask. Offered a lot of overtime. Marco is a stepping stone, and must be viewed as such. Hard work, underpaid but worth it in the end.
Worst place i have ever worked for
Marco on henry street is the worst company I've ever worked for.
Bullied by co workers for weeks non stop everyday.

Reported the problem and things just got worse.

I was threatened by 2 employees who said I was going to get my face kicked in the tow mower driver has a girlfriend who also works there and they act like they owned the company. With zero conciquinses for there behavior with bullying and threatening my life. Management could care less about their employees... you are only a number to them
Horrible
Told doing well. Treated unfairly and then let go a few days before end of probation. Manager lied. Had no reason to be let go. Did same to others. Treated horribly. Did not want to pay benefits.
Tight deadlines
The work environment has massive tight deadlines. Benefits and pay are very poor compared to other like work facilities. Little value to long term employees. Better overall in regards to personal safety compared to most places. Very clean warehouse
Loved the challenges and work experience
Having to leave for personal reasons, I totally miss my position at Marco. Management always encourages staff to solve issues with them if they arise. I personally was treated like gold, and the other team leads were excellent for helping me with any questions I had. If you can understand that there are different personalities no matter where you work and walk in with a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard and do your job, most staff, co-workers become like family and I am still connected with many of them. I would go back in a heartbeat as I miss the work that kept me busy and totally miss my team members. I was up beat and positive and jumped in to help my team with the tasks, people shouldn't slander the team leads and management for doing their job and doing it efficiently. If you are lazy and don't want to actually work, I would suggest you look for a more laid back position rather than bash a company who does a lot for it's employees. To Marco: Love you, miss you!
lots of work available
The company has lots of work and some is seasonal. But I don't mind having some breaks to stay with the kids. Everyone is nice. I have always been treated well. The company gives away lots of client items, which is a nice surprise.
Pros
steady employment; nice people; good feedback from supervision
Cons
the pay could be better, but it's not horrible
Management sucks
Right from management down these people are absolutly pathedic.the place is a dump to work in. The ministry of labour and board of health need to be called in here.team leaders here are bullies and alot if gossiping trashy team leaders work here worse than a soap opera. This place can not keep employees lots come and work for a day or two and walk out WORST PLACE EVER TO!WWORK!
18 September 2019
Thank you for reviewing our company. The Marco Corporation encourages all employees to bring any concerns or recommendations to their supervisor or manager. We take concerns very seriously and try to address them in a timely manner.
packing products
I see that Marcos has a 2.5 star rating... even that is way to much for this place... it's dirty, they bully and name calling, forced overtime (they tell only after they hire you), washrooms are a joke, dirty and moldy... and the management and most team leads treat you badly, they do not care about the people that work there or the place they work in... if I could give it a -5 star I would...
terrible place

-5 out of 10
woudnt work there ever !!!!!!!!!
bad co-workers and lead hands they are very rude and mean. they don't work as a team the lead hands think they own you and can boss you around. ALWAYS LAY YOU OFF there is never work and if there is its usually for only 3 weeks max at the hardy road location and the henry location is just as bad. workers are treaded poorly if you are not a lead hand or boss they don't care about you! I would never recommend this place to anyone
Pros
the cmpany has its own chef
Cons
worest place to work
avoid at all costs
Bad company highly donot reccomend working for this company as they consistaly lay off their employees after they have their employees sign anotther contract, no benefits
18 September 2019
Thank you for your review. The Marco Corporation has recently revised our hiring practices. We only hire for full-time permanent work and we do offer benefits after 3 months of employment.
Worst company i ever worked for
This company is one of the worst in brantford I worked there for 2 weeks and while I was there was told they do not know when they need me but now they need a forklift operator? This management is very lousy. They talk to you like you have intelligence of a 12 yearold. Doesnt like black men. My advice stay away from is loosey warehouse.
Pros
Gossips
Cons
Gossips
Don't recommed working at this place.
You might find a few nice people here but most will stab you in the back. HR works for the company only and will talk about you behind your back. Wages are a laugh doesn't matter how long you've been there all you get in min wage.
Not a nice place to work :(
This is a horrible place to work... ladies washroom is two portable type buildings that are mold infested and dirty... Intimidation, bullying, name calling... hate spreading, gossip and drama from the management and team leads and even some of the workers... threats of being fired if you don't work overtime...
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here...
Pros
some nice people, bbq's and pot lucks
Cons
intimidation, name calling, bullying to name a few
Great people to work with
People although mostly temporary positions, were always upbeat and happy and were all willing to work as a team to reach company goals. Sometimes company quotas were unreasonable at best.
Pros
Cafeteria with affordable delicious meals
Cons
Temporary with no room to become permanent
productive
great hours, terrible job security. you work on line with other people put stuff into boxes to be shipped to other stores across Canada. some people would like how things are there.
Pros
free lunch from time to time
Cons
hot inside during the summer
not a great environment
The employers do not really care about their employees. It was a very negative environment. Minimum wage and not any real incentives to stay longer. Also there are no health benefits
18 September 2019
Thank you for your review. We have recently changed our hiring practices and we do offer health benefits with all full-time positions.
Customer service representative
I worked at The Marco Corporation for years and it was the best job I've had yet. The people that work there are kind.. It's a great company! We had Christmas dinners every year and freebies all the time! If you ever have the chance to work there, do not hesitate!
Pros
Good pay! Good people
Not a positive environment
Very unstable environment. They continuously renew your temp contract. Management yells on a daily basis if quotas aren’t met the day before and I mean yells at staff in morning meetings. The full time staff can be rude and dismissive to the “temp” staff. Management promises one thing and senior management does something else. Very few members of staff are happy or enjoy their job which is evident on a daily basis. Don’t waste your time. Mandatory overtime including 7 days with threat of being fired if you don’t show up for both days. Very disorganized with poor planning. Subjected to long lines, sometimes up to 20-30 minutes to be searched by security at end of day, which is unpaid time.
Pros
Donuts beginning of lunch. Cafeteria for lunch
Cons
Mandatory overtime, hostile environment, disorganized
A Dump!
The place is a dump! You are told the very first hour if you can't keep up, you can just leave. They need to get better, more trained supervisors. I would never recommend this place to anyone!!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Ignorant supervisors.
Fast paced
The Marco Corporation is a company that builds, fills, and ships displays of SC Johnson products. Here there is also product which gets shrink wrapped, inspected for imperfections, and palletized on skids.
it was okay
the pay wasnt worth the hard work i put in. team leads were rude and centered people out for small mistakes when shouldnt of done that. no one listened or did anything when people complaint
Pros
break
Cons
everything