The Marco Corporation Employee Reviews

avoid at all costs
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 January 2019
Bad company highly donot reccomend working for this company as they consistaly lay off their employees after they have their employees sign anotther contract, no benefits
Worst company i ever worked for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 December 2018
This company is one of the worst in brantford I worked there for 2 weeks and while I was there was told they do not know when they need me but now they need a forklift operator? This management is very lousy. They talk to you like you have intelligence of a 12 yearold. Doesnt like black men. My advice stay away from is loosey warehouse.
Pros
Gossips
Cons
Gossips
Don't recommed working at this place.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 November 2018
You might find a few nice people here but most will stab you in the back. HR works for the company only and will talk about you behind your back. Wages are a laugh doesn't matter how long you've been there all you get in min wage.
Not a nice place to work :(
General Labourer (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 November 2018
This is a horrible place to work... ladies washroom is two portable type buildings that are mold infested and dirty... Intimidation, bullying, name calling... hate spreading, gossip and drama from the management and team leads and even some of the workers... threats of being fired if you don't work overtime...
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here...
Pros
some nice people, bbq's and pot lucks
Cons
intimidation, name calling, bullying to name a few
Great people to work with
Data Entry Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 October 2018
People although mostly temporary positions, were always upbeat and happy and were all willing to work as a team to reach company goals. Sometimes company quotas were unreasonable at best.
Pros
Cafeteria with affordable delicious meals
Cons
Temporary with no room to become permanent
not a great environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 June 2018
The employers do not really care about their employees. It was a very negative environment. Minimum wage and not any real incentives to stay longer. Also there are no health benefits
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 March 2018
I worked at The Marco Corporation for years and it was the best job I've had yet. The people that work there are kind.. It's a great company! We had Christmas dinners every year and freebies all the time! If you ever have the chance to work there, do not hesitate!
Pros
Good pay! Good people
Not a positive environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hardy Road, Brantford5 March 2018
Very unstable environment. They continuously renew your temp contract. Management yells on a daily basis if quotas aren’t met the day before and I mean yells at staff in morning meetings. The full time staff can be rude and dismissive to the “temp” staff. Management promises one thing and senior management does something else. Very few members of staff are happy or enjoy their job which is evident on a daily basis. Don’t waste your time. Mandatory overtime including 7 days with threat of being fired if you don’t show up for both days. Very disorganized with poor planning. Subjected to long lines, sometimes up to 20-30 minutes to be searched by security at end of day, which is unpaid time.
Pros
Donuts beginning of lunch. Cafeteria for lunch
Cons
Mandatory overtime, hostile environment, disorganized
A Dump!
Pricing (Former Employee) –  Henry Street Brantford28 February 2018
The place is a dump! You are told the very first hour if you can't keep up, you can just leave. They need to get better, more trained supervisors. I would never recommend this place to anyone!!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Ignorant supervisors.
Fast paced
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 January 2018
The Marco Corporation is a company that builds, fills, and ships displays of SC Johnson products. Here there is also product which gets shrink wrapped, inspected for imperfections, and palletized on skids.
it was okay
Co-Pack (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 August 2017
the pay wasnt worth the hard work i put in. team leads were rude and centered people out for small mistakes when shouldnt of done that. no one listened or did anything when people complaint
Pros
break
Cons
everything
Overall great company, with great balance work and family balance
Western Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 June 2017
This is a great company to work with, the management and HR department are fantastic. limited opportunities to advance within the corporation but overall a fantastic team to work with.
Fast paced environment. Always new interesting projects.
V.P. of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 June 2017
Marco is a unique workplace that requires all employees to be innovative and efficient. Marco is extremely customer/client driven. My time at Marco was enjoyable and helped my in acquiring new skills.
Horrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 May 2017
This work environment is dirty, unsafe and depressing. The management have no idea what they are doing and treat their employees very poorly. The workplace is filled with bullies and they expect unrealistic quotas. Very unorganized and they often break the labour standard act laws . I wouldn't recommend this place for employment to anyone. Temps have been temps for 5+ years.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
HR Is corrupt and managment do not care about employees
Work life
Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 April 2017
Good people to work with
a great cafeteria for stay in lunches
hour lunches on Fridays
close to home
Immediate supervisor was great to work with...
Terrible!!!
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 March 2017
Horrible place to work, your just a number to these people, they treat you like dirt n then throw you away!!! Would never suggest this place to anyone
Great place to work!
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 January 2017
I really loved my job at The Marco Corporation as a Data Entry Clerk. Training was great, the senior staff and management were all wonderful. The atmosphere was a really positive place to be.
Unfortunately, my job was full time but temporary and I did get laid off at the end of my contract due to work shortage. It really is somewhere that I would have loved to continue working.
Pros
Management and senior staff are wonderful.
Cons
Temporary contracts.
Don't waste your time with Marco Corporation
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 January 2017
Don't waste your time working here, its a great place at the start with nice people but once you are there for a little while co-workers will be ignorant. Also if you are promised a different area to work, they will terminate you and not call you back. I last worked there 2nd last week of November 2016 and still waiting to get into data entry. Broken promises.
decent workplace.
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 December 2016
The Marco Corporation is a good work place, its a job. 40 hours a week and usually overtime on Saturdays as you work Monday to Friday. The co-workers are alright, some ignorant people but you'll get that anywhere you go lol. The most enjoyable part of my job was my breaks when I did have time to take them.
not for long term job
Temp. Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 March 2015
Enjoying the new task given, helpful and accomodating co-workers, the hardest part of the job for me is lifting heavy things contineously.
Pros
free donuts every beginning of the month
Cons
heavy things need to be lifted