The Manor Village Employee Reviews

Change in management
Nursing (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 April 2019
Have worked here for a couple years and previous managers were so bad and disappointing; now there has been a change in the management and they are much better. They genuinely care about the staff and try to meet our needs. The current wellness director and coordinator are very good. I'm glad I stayed.
Pros
Free lunch, grrat team, improved leaders/ managers
The pay is so discouraging
HCA/lpn (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2019
The worse management ever. How can nearly everyone in management in a nursing facility have zero nursing experience.
They judge you base on what other nurses say .
Lowest wages compared to other places.
Cons
Short hours
A good place to work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2019
Working at Staywell has been a wonderful experience. There is always a new challenge everyday and I can't wait to find out what that will be. Management and staff alike work together with patience, understanding and kind hearts to make sure that our elderly residents receive the care that they deserve. I really feel that I am making a difference in their lives. We have a great management team, as well as, a wonderful benefit plan and employee referral program.
A really bad place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2019
At one time I loved my job and the company. But over the last year they have fired all of the great managers and made everyone afraid for their jobs and pitted against eachother. They have told us the company is for sale and that it is all about the bottom line and not the Residents. A company that was once managed really well is now completely disorganized, and anyone left with any knowledge is either being forced out or made to walk on egg shells. The ONLY reason that anyone is staying is because of the residents - and that is even the good managers.

Managers used to fight for the staff and what they though was right. No one fights for what is right anymore.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management, environment, culture, balance
A challenging culture
PSW (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2018
This is a really discouraging place to work. This is primarily due to the negative and challenging culture, and inconsistent/confusing directions. The administration is very critical and negative. Staffing is a regular problem. High staff turnover.
Pros
A few staff are really nice
Cons
Revolving door of staff
Listen to what people are saying
RPN (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 April 2018
When I started here I had high hopes but it was a letdown.
Concerns and complaints about safety and security that are raised are ignored.
Administration and nursing management just don’t care about the staff/residents unless it fits with what they want.
No-one here to look out for your nursing license and not worth the sleepless nights!
Pros
Some great staff and residents; central location
Cons
overall staff treated as disposable, little or no feeling for staff needs, management not trustworthy
Lacks management
Wellness (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 February 2018
It’s not the job that is difficult, but having to deal with an administration who has no basic management, leadership or healthcare skills. Favouritism a problem. Negative workplace created at the top. Poor training of staff (and managers) create this culture. Some managers try to make up for the shortfall but it is obviously a daily struggle.
HR Resources and head office support practically non existent.
Staffing is like a revolving door and it’s usually the good ones that leave.
Pros
Residents and families
Cons
High turnover, negative workplace culture
Great place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta13 September 2013
Great place to work. great pleople to work for. I enjoy helping out the residents.