The Malcolm Hotel
View all The Malcolm Hotel reviews

The Malcolm Hotel

The Malcolm Hotel Employee Review

Excellent team

I loved my team at the Malcolm!! Everyone had each other’s backs and managers supported through difficult situations with guests. It’s a beautiful hotel and they care about both guests and staff. Moved back home due to visa ending otherwise I would have loved to stay.

Pros

Discounted room rates and F&B, spacious staff accommodations only 5 min walk to work, supportive manager, fun team

Cons

Hospitality is hard and it’s busy in the summer and weekends. Definitely work hard play hard vibe.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

Never ever work in housekeeping

It is by far the worst place I’ve ever worked, and will be for you too it’s not even worth it for the staff accommodations. GM of housekeeping doesn’t do anything and barley shows up most days but don’t worry nothing will ever change cause of the relationship she has with HR pls I beg you If you think you might want to work here think again they have the worst reputation in the bow valley the reason they have no staff is because of how horrible management is trust me you’ll be sick of it in under a month DO NOT RECCOMMEND better off staying wherever you are

Same location

Must not think of joining this group members

No legendary team.I haven’t seen the manager for long time before. This summer, All of sudden that showed up and made new rule and instructions, always protects everything on management side opinions and staffs.We were not allowed to apply for any short vaccination on this busy season though….they can have fun with nice first summer after Covid-19 outbreak.That means here was not worthy of working hard even if you guys have nice experiences for this work place.Working harder, getting more rooms and less working hours and pay.If you have great skills to figure out this busy season as a room attendant, you would receive so unexpected amounts of tasks from unreliable management.Anyway, Staff accommodations will be demolished soon for brand new fancy apartments.

Pros

Helpful Assistant manager

Cons

Other management…

Great Management and Work Culture

Room for growth, management cares and good pay. They always held fun activities for the staff to build morale. We had a great end of year Christmas party.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Malcolm Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement