The Maids Employee Reviews

Horrible coworkers and management.
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 March 2019
I worked there for a month and a half after quitting because the co workers, and team leaders were unbearable. They treat you without respect, and they all have social issues.
There’s about 3 girls who work there that are way too good for that place.
The girls are dramatic, gossipy and just lacking any general knowledge on how to be a decent being.

I’ve been trying to get my last paycheque but keep getting jerked with through management.

10/10 would not recommend working there.

After leaving I got a job with a private cleaning company. The people are much nicer, understanding and we work much faster with 2 on a team, than the maids does with 4.

Only positive side evenings and weekends off. However it isn’t worth it.

Please don’t even consider working at a place like this.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
Everything.
Nice fast paced work environment with good people
Team member cleaner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2018
Its a new owner at Vancouver location and seems like cares a lot about the people that are there.
Schedules given a week before.
No evening work, Sunday off and usually have 2 days off including Sunday.
If any questions or complain - can come to the owner and ask.
Work in teams 3 - 4 people and company provides cars for each team

Also nice thing - they give you company tshirt as a uniform and pants you have to buy - black color. the cost of pants is in the paycheck too.

At the beginning have to learn a lot with training videos and all which is hard, later is okay. Have you show that you can do the work and pick up speed and quality.
Pros
snacks in the morning, work between 8.30 - 4.30, Paid for both drive time and work time at the locations, MSP for full time employees, extra pay if you bring a referral, bonuses after 3 months
Cons
have to match quality and speed fairly fast
A wonderful place to work!
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 July 2018
Working for The Maids has made me a stronger person and gave me the skills of time management, endurance, perseverance, and dedication. Every day you will be experiencing something new with the help of a supportive team that motivates you to always be your best self. The days may be long at times but working with a team that is there by your side makes all the difference in turning that day into an even brighter one. By working for The Maids, you won't only be experiencing a great working environment but you will be gaining a new family too!
Pros
Working with a supportive team
Cons
Hours are always different
If you enjoy cleaning this job is for you
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 March 2018
Every day brings something new
Company's excited for change always moving forward
Been in business for over 10 yrs
Great bosses great co workers
Enjoy working in teams of 3 or 4
Benefits car pooling full training
Mon to Fri weekends off
Pros
Car pooling team work
Cons
Hours are always different
Fast paced
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2018
In this line of work you have to be quick. Everything is scheduled so keep up with your schedule. I liked that. I liked that you could time everything and get it all down to a science.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Occasionally stressfull
A new experience every day
Cleaner full time (Current Employee) –  Oakville3 March 2018
Long time employee
Every day is a new experience
Staff is helpful friendly fun bunch to work with
Owners are caring and thoughtful
Full paid training
Carpooling ... picked up and dropped off at or close to your home
Work in teams
Pros
Car pooling, pick and and drop off, benefits
Cons
Hours change
Overall great place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 February 2018
Everyday is different, which keeps things very interesting!
The job is very physical and can be tiring but is also very rewarding.
The best part of this job is getting to work with a great group of people and the wonderful customers that we service.
The best bosses, staff & working environment ever!!!!
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 February 2018
I've been a part of The Maids Of Oakville for 3 years now and I can honestly say it's an amazing job & I'm so glad I applied when I did!!
Everyday is different... different team members, different houses, and different routes. This makes the day new and exciting, instead of staring at the same 4 walls everyday. What I love about this job, is only working Monday to Friday.. which is great having the weekend to yourself to relax.
Another bonus working at The Maids is carpooling. The driver picks you up at home in the morning and drops you off back at home at the end of your day. Drivers also get a driving incentive, which is great!!! Who doesn't want extra money on your paycheque?
If you're looking for a New and exciting job, apply!!!!!!! No cleaning experience required!
Pros
Carpooling, weekends off, free uniforms, great bosses and staff
Cons
Some long days
good job with great hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 June 2017
this job was a great job for someone who wants tor work 9-5. the job can be physically demanding but easy to handle. I think the hardest part was not knowing exactly when you would get home.
Pros
great staff
Cons
A very good company to work for
Residential and Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 January 2017
Working with a different team of girls every day gives you something to look forward to. The management at The Maids Oakville are the very best. Like any company, there is always the few people who do not want to get along but for most part, it's a very nice atmosphere. The hardest part of this job for me was that it got too physically demanding for my body. The most enjoyable part is the feeling of accomplishment when you know the customer is pleased.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Physically demanding
Professional and Intense
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 August 2016
Typical day is actually unpredictable. I learned how to used equipments such as all purpose sanitizer, regular sanitizer and windex. My co-workers have consideration, we helped each others when one isn't done in his/her task. The hardest part of the job is having more than 6 cleans because usually my energy starts shutting down after 5 cleans. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to my team mates while cleaning because that way, we barely feel the tiredness.
Pros
$50 bonus every month
Cons
More than 6 cleans
Supervisor Assistant
Maid/Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 December 2015
Great customer service skills, the work was fast paste and very detailed oriented. lots of traveling and prep prior to each job. help supervisor assign next job assignment.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Traveling all day
Great place to wor
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 September 2015
The girls are great to work with, never a dull boring day. The hardest part of the job was all the rain in Vancouver. The best part of the day was seeing how happy my customers were with the job they received
Pros
Drove Company Cars
Cons
Hours were unpredictable
Demanding on the Body, need to have good team building Skills.
Cleaning/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 August 2015
Work in a team of four, you do general cleaning of homes from dusting and sweeping to deep cleaning of bathrooms and kitchens.

The big deal with this job is communication between your peers and Management a happy co worker makes this job easy but an unhappy co worker makes it uncomfortable and taxing on you.

The hardest part of this job is maintaining a professional composure with difficult customers.

The good thing about this job is it keeps you active because you are constantly moving.

You do learn new and effective, safe ways of cleaning without the use of harsh chemicals.
Pros
uniform provided, breakfast provided
Cons
Weak Management, Poor teem efforts, Taxing on the body, Poor Uniforms(not chosen with greatest intentions)
Only issue was a supervisor who seemed to have an untreated mood disorder
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 May 2015
My time @ the Maids was just fine; no complaints whatsoever. Transit accessible. Paid training. Paid on time. Management paid for fuel. No issues w/ my pay cheque. Varied start times & end times, which is just fine, but all between 7am & 5pm, as advertised. Now, they don't pay as much as other cleaning companies. But the manager is still fair in all other aspects, & I'm guessing it's because they have different income allotment/allocation &/or business model? The manager provides you with instant oatmeal packets/microwave (bring your own container), Halloween-sized bags of chips, & bottled water. I always brought my own meals, though. & employees are free to eat in the car in between cleans. They also have an electronic kettle to make your own beverage. There was sometimes extra time in between cleans to go to get some food or go to the Pharmacy or Bank, which was neat. But the manager usually lined everything up so that wouldn't happen. & We usually cleaned houses close to each other for efficiency's sake. But a break every now & then was just fine. & I'd say maybe 1 in 20 cleans tipped - very rare. But that's just fine. & there's no pressure to stay. If you find work elsewhere, you're free to leave. & you can come back @ any time.

The driver usually doesn't have time to eat on the road while we're travelling to back-to-back cleans, naturally. So, they can have a quick snack while the other people are loading up the car; very fair, I thought.

In my experience, the co-workers were respectful of non-smokers, & they refrained from using recreational drugs on company time,
  more... etc. Self-discipline - I dig it!

...Except 1 of the supervisors had some difficulty with life, it seemed. Not towards me whatsoever, but towards some others; not to the customers, either, & wasn't nasty in the presence of customers. But the language when we cleaned an empty house - very unfortunate. It was very disappointing to see in terms of humanity & all that. & it doesn't speak anything about the company/manager whatsoever, mind you. I don't think management knew, & I didn't want to get involved. Undiagnosed/unmedicated mood disorders can be found everywhere, too. I hope she gets some help, & I hope the people she wasn't very nice to are doing alright & know medical issues in no way reflect who they are as a person. Mood disorders real & don't have to affect your life so negatively. Help is out there! Start by seeing your local walk in clinic gp/family dr to get a referral to a Psychiatrist. There is no shame!
Pros
See review.
Cons
Unfortunate personality/mood disorder of 1 of the supervisors. If you have a driver's license, you're probably going to waitress or something higher paying.
Great Place to work at
Maid Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 August 2014
The maids is a fun great place to work at, and the management is wonderful
Overall very friendly and team work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,ON25 July 2012
Travel to clients home, jobs rotated through out the day as to different areas to clean.
We learned to work as a team.
My co workers were hard working and friendly
Hardest part of this job was the travelling, we spent alot of time in vehicle

Meeting and conversing with the clients
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
travelling