The Lowe-Martin Group

The Lowe-Martin Group Employee Reviews

Friendly staff, good people there. But the pay is poor, and I don't think there is fairness and justice in their dealings. Wont advice someone I know to work there.

I was under paid despite doing more.
If given an opportunity to have a stable work position, I will not have a second thought of working again at Lowe-Martin. Everyone are nice and very professional.
Pros
Nice work environment
Not well compesated in my position. Supervisor onmy time is not well knowledgeable in what we’re doing in the production. Theres a favoritism going on
The management doesn’t know what their does nor do they care about all the employees that work their butts off for the customers
High stress, no overtime pay but lots of overtime hours
I liked working for Lowe Martin. I think there was a good team spirit there.
Some people would complain about management but I liked my immediate supervisor very much and I loved my job overall. Good training, nice people to work with. I wasn't paid the best but it was a good clean working environment with a nice kitchen to buy my lunch.

Happy and was kind of sad to leave this place.
Working with my project coordinator on a daily basis to ensure my clients deadlines are being met and on schedule. Able to obtain new clients due to heatset web equipment, not offered previously. Pricing became quite a challenge over the years due to changes in this industry. Ongoing increase of digital print (e-brochures / e-catalogues) therefore decreasing their needs for printed product.
The people there are nice, you can make some friends, however, you fell that everyone is overwhelmed with a lot of responsibilities, especially the mid-management.
Job security is an issue!!
Too many procedures with unclear job descriptions. Systems are always changing and not for the better. There is no team concept as everyone fights to get their jobs completed.
The is a place to stay away from i work at the Mississauga plant for 12 years as a cutter bindery opertor,stay away for your Health Managers get hired with no experience ,plot to get each other fired. Love walking out employees
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Early years were fantastic...great management, great culture. The printing industry unfortunately has been under siege in the past decade with advancements in digital technology. Many competitors have folded, an indication of the overall health of the sector.
Pros
Possibilities for significant income
Cons
Somewhat dysfunctional management practices
if you like a dead end dying industry and a constant carousel of leadership this is the place for you certain managers have pets and theyre usually useless and slack off while you work and get no traction pathetic
Pros
people pay
Cons
management
There mostly french speaking employee's that receive raises and brown-nosers get raises and only receive a 2% raise after 8 yrs if that and there is no appreciation for hard workers.
Company is in expansion mode and has changed quite a lot over the last few years. Employees come and go regularly as culture has not been established. Long time employees feel some loyalty but it is always wavering due to infrequent salary increases.
Lowe Martin acquired RP Graphics in 2015 and is now know as Toronto Operations. Former RP Graphics President, now SR. VP and General Manager put together a team of competent managers, cut the waste and mismanagement and has been able to lead a successful business since the previous reviews were posted.

He is now doing the same for the Ottawa operations. Cutting the waste, so I don't think the previous reviews apply to how the company is changing for the better.

I'm seeing positive things - 5 years of service here.
Pros
Coworkers - great group of people
Cons
Can be stressful - its the nature of the business, not a reflection of the company.
The managers and CEOs are respectable and treat the workers fairy and with dignity. Although there has been some problems affecting how much money is in the company, the managers and CEOs are quick to shoulder a lot of the blame on themselves.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Your always busy working here, but seldom does anything get done which is very stressful. Too much confusion, too many changes done too quickly without clearly thinking through the required processes. Great people working here with fantastic attitudes. Everyone treats each other with respect and consideration. Truly a team environment.
Pros
Awesome Customer Service
Cons
Disorganization of Mgmt
- Each shift at work was 13 hours.
- although there is a lot of repetitive work its not to difficult

- being in the paper business is hard these days and they make sure to work hard and efficient.
Assemblage de document et aider les livreurs a delivrer les produits.
A good place to start out but lacks personal development, reorganization of company occurs too often. People you work with are the best part of the job
This company has survived for over 100 years so they are doing something right. I loved working there but there is too much gap between employee - management relations.
Pros
Professional environment overall
Cons
"deaf-ear" syndrome in some management.
Management has no clue what they're doing. Constant back stabbing and hardly any training. They will blame you for everything to hide their own failures. In the summer you will die from heat exhaustion.
Pros
Cons
slave work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Lowe-Martin Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9