The London Club Employee Reviews

Nice place
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 March 2019
This place was great for learning about fine dining. I wouldn't recommend this job if you are looking for something full-time though. Great for a student or someone looking for 10-15 hours a week. Staff are all super amazing, and they do put on some special events for the members, which was always a lot of fun to be a part of.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours, not enough pay
High end
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 June 2018
Interesting high end establishment, you’ll meet lots of great people.
Menu is extensive, be prepared to have it memorized.
Uniforms are... interesting to say the least. The place it’s self is quite large.
Work/life balance was almost impossible for a student. Because this is a private club, members could leave when they want unlike a traditional bar, so some late nights. 365 days a year if I’m not mistaken, so say good bye to holidays with loved ones. I had asked for my birthday/thanksgiving off (same day) to be with my family and was basically laughed off by the manager, being told “I haven’t had a day off in 3 years”.
But great place to work if you like to live at work and make fast cash.
Pros
Staff meals, great money
like a family
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 February 2018
I've never been so surrounded by love of my peers in a work setting as I have at the Club.

I miss them every day.
They showed me what a real team can do.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 September 2017
Long standing London Private Club. Great members and staff. Really enjoy the team work and upscale atmosphere. High standards of food service and great wine selection.
Current restaurant manager needs to improve.
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 February 2017
Management of the restaurant was practically non existent, and left up to the senior staff. The supposed manager would actually just disappear. Management of the banquet department was quite good.
Pros
Potential to make fantastic connections with powerful people.
Cons
Unfair and unreasonable demand as far as availability to work.
Productive and Fun workplace with amazing coworkers
Hostess and concierge team member, trusted (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2017
The London Club is an amazing place to work, the atmosphere is a great place to be in, the staff and management are very nice and welcoming and always there to help you out in any way they can. a typical day, you start your shift, set up a floor plan, answer the phone and computer work, you assist and seat members and guests, help take and make cocktail orders and clean up empty glassware and dishes, fold napkins and polish cutlery. I've learned to take and make cocktails.
casino
Inspector bitboss (Current Employee) –  Cairo, ON15 June 2016
a work there its funny just 8 hours .good things like how to deal with customer .very strong management. nice colleagues. so hard job because you face the loser customer .but enjoyable because we have a lot of games in our casino
First management job
Membership Services Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2012
This was my first step into management. A typical day would involve a number of administrative tasks. Annually I was responsible for organizing the papers and forms for the Annual General Meeting, as well as organizing the banquet dinner subsequent to the meeting. This was a high end members only club and, on a daily basis, I would be engaging with many of the City's top business persons. I learned what professional services was truly about in this kind of environment. I can say that there was no part of the job that was difficult and I enjoyed it very much. My co workers were great to work with. I left because I wanted to expand my career.
Pros
excellent cuisine and wine knowledge was learned, great working environment, opportunity to learn how non-profits work
Cons
n/a