The Linde Group

The Linde Group Employee Reviews

office in st hubert is small and friendly

I world in thé St Hubert branch. small store. Friendly, latest technology. They have many branches and divisions. The culture is open and employee oriented. Safety is their priority

Pros

nice ambiance

Cons

haed hard to learn product

Great place to work and excellent management! Everyone is friendly, helpful and professional it’s a very busy environment so the day fly! BBQ usually before the long weekend. I do recommend if you are looking for employment!

Pros

Bbq

Cons

Extremely busy

Don't Apply to Whitby Location

I applied to work as a DZ driver for Linde. On the phone the recruiter talked about how they are a huge multinational company worth billions. Then I get to the site for the interview. I'm told the position I'm applying for is the second driver for the terminal, that one of the drivers wants to move to a position inside the terminal. I would have brought the staffing level to 4 for the terminal that services the entire Toronto area. During the interview the guy tells me what a terrible job it is, how they were prosed new trucks a year ago, and how they have been trying to hire a driver for almost 2 years now. I said I was willing to give the job a chance anyways, but they declined to hire me because I didn't have the 3 years of experience required for the job. I went to a college for my DZ training and have 20 years of driving experience with regular class vehicles, and said I was willing to do whatever training they would require and that I was willing to do a road test for them so they could see my driving skill. They won't take new drivers, and anyone with experience would see how much of a s#@t show it is the second they walk in the door, and won't work there. You can tell this company really cares about their employees, the way they screw their current staff for years instead of giving anyone a chance. This has been my experience with Linde, and I would never suggest anyone should apply there. They reposted the job a week before eventually replying to my email asking for an update because I was told I would get a call a day or two after we spoke on the phone.

Pros

Wouldn't know, wasn't told any

Cons

Everything according to the guy I interviewed with

Great place to learn

Good place to learn about supply chain. Very good company to work with, very organized. Everyone is willing to help and collaborate towards the common goal: improve as a company.

Horrible organization. Treats employees like numbers.

This is an organization that unless you're in the right environment you're immersed in a ethically challenged culture. Worst managers; ever. Short sighted, mentally challenged, arrogant and a combination of the guy off Horrible Bosses (the movie) and Bill lumberg off office space. If you need to be there I would suggest use and discard when applicable, otherwise run away screaming.

Pros

Very few.

Cons

Disorganized. Ruthless blame game culture. Weird management.

Okay place to work at

very monotone poorly managed constant problems with payroll very disorganized management and plant very understaffed for the amount of work needed to be done

Pros

little to no supervision

Cons

low pay compared to competition

Typical Day at Work

Proactive sales team to work with and 6 month intensive training to allow individual to understand sales process. Learned how to consult with customers and find the pain in their businesses. Understood the protocol to fix issues (A/R, technical welding, service) and to present the solution in a value added manner. People I worked with were very engaging and worked well together to solve problems with customers. There were certain goals that had to be achieved in order to grow with the company, that put some stress on the individual. The challenging tasks and the solutions we came up with allowed our customers to give us the positive feedback we worked for.

Pros

Company Car

Cons

Stressful target agenda

Great team members and peers - very knowledgeable and informed.

Enjoyed working with a great team and the many knowledgeable Subject Matter Experts (SME's). Co-workers always helpful and willing to assists despite there busy schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Linde Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement