The Linde Group Employee Reviews

Don't Apply to Whitby Location
Driver (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 October 2018
I applied to work as a DZ driver for Linde. On the phone the recruiter talked about how they are a huge multinational company worth billions. Then I get to the site for the interview. I'm told the position I'm applying for is the second driver for the terminal, that one of the drivers wants to move to a position inside the terminal. I would have brought the staffing level to 4 for the terminal that services the entire Toronto area. During the interview the guy tells me what a terrible job it is, how they were prosed new trucks a year ago, and how they have been trying to hire a driver for almost 2 years now.

I said I was willing to give the job a chance anyways, but they declined to hire me because I didn't have the 3 years of experience required for the job. I went to a college for my DZ training and have 20 years of driving experience with regular class vehicles, and said I was willing to do whatever training they would require and that I was willing to do a road test for them so they could see my driving skill.

They won't take new drivers, and anyone with experience would see how much of a s#@t show it is the second they walk in the door, and won't work there. You can tell this company really cares about their employees, the way they screw their current staff for years instead of giving anyone a chance.

This has been my experience with Linde, and I would never suggest anyone should apply there. They reposted the job a week before eventually replying to my email asking for an update because I was told I would get a call a day or two after we spoke on the phone.
Pros
Wouldn't know, wasn't told any
Cons
Everything according to the guy I interviewed with
Great place to learn
Supply Chain Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2017
Good place to learn about supply chain. Very good company to work with, very organized. Everyone is willing to help and collaborate towards the common goal: improve as a company.
Horrible organization. Treats employees like numbers.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2017
This is an organization that unless you're in the right environment you're immersed in a ethically challenged culture. Worst managers; ever. Short sighted, mentally challenged, arrogant and a combination of the guy off Horrible Bosses (the movie) and Bill lumberg off office space. If you need to be there I would suggest use and discard when applicable, otherwise run away screaming.
Pros
Very few.
Cons
Disorganized. Ruthless blame game culture. Weird management.
Okay place to work at
Cylinder Maintenance Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2016
very monotone
poorly managed
constant problems with payroll
very disorganized management and plant
very understaffed for the amount of work needed to be done
Pros
little to no supervision
Cons
low pay compared to competition
Typical Day at Work
Sales Technician, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2015
Proactive sales team to work with and 6 month intensive training to allow individual to understand sales process. Learned how to consult with customers and find the pain in their businesses. Understood the protocol to fix issues (A/R, technical welding, service) and to present the solution in a value added manner. People I worked with were very engaging and worked well together to solve problems with customers. There were certain goals that had to be achieved in order to grow with the company, that put some stress on the individual. The challenging tasks and the solutions we came up with allowed our customers to give us the positive feedback we worked for.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Stressful target agenda
Great team members and peers - very knowledgeable and informed.
Technical Communicator and Writer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2015
Enjoyed working with a great team and the many knowledgeable Subject Matter Experts (SME's). Co-workers always helpful and willing to assists despite there busy schedules.