The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews

a fun workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 March 2019
The managers are fun to work with, the hours are no so good and pay isn't great. the owners like to cut corners sometimes and it takes the passion away from the food
19 March 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We'd like to hear more about your experience, please contact us as humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

fun with a great atmosphere
cocktail waitress (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 March 2019
Absolutely love this company as a whole, many great interactions, support all around, fun and energetic group of people all the time. cheap staff meals and incentives. the work hard and value the work you do for the company
Pros
great food for cheap and amazing staff
Cons
only open after 4pm
The company really build a great culture to learn and grow
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 March 2019
Not listed is the fact that I was with the Keg as a server and supervisor from 1997-2001. I still use the skills that I learned at that time in all the establishments that I have worked at since. The keg created a great culture not only internal but also externally with events and promotions that has made me a "kegger"for life.
Pros
The culture helped me learn and grow
Great Workplace
Host, Expeditor, Server (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 March 2019
Welcoming environment that built long lasting connections and friendships. Fostered my growth and independence and taught me much about the customer service industry.
great positive workplace
Sauté Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 March 2019
a typical day was prepping for the shift and getting your station set up then cooking. at the end of the shift I would restock and clean my station before we close. management was great, friendly and very accommodating and appreciative. hardest part was making a lot of meals at once and having them all perfect. but that was also the most enjoyable part of the job for me because I always tried to do the best I could and improve.
Pros
great staff and managment
Cons
wasnt the best pay
A lot of fun
Dinner Host (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2019
Managers treat you like equals. A bit confusing when there is 6 different managers who all have different job requirements, but overall a fun place to work. You bond as Keggers.
Pros
Free apps as a reward
Cons
Barely any hours.
The worst job I've ever had.
Garde Manger (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 March 2019
Probably the worst job / company I have ever worked for. Hours were terrible, the kitchen culture was just shy of the worst I've ever been apart of, the quality of food served was barely ever checked, cleanliness of the kitchen was completely awful (cockroaches and so on). On our very short breaks we we allowed to either eat fries or potatoes for free, and had to pay for everything else. Because of the high intensity and fast paced environment in peak times, I saw some pretty drastic measures be taken in order to serve what was being ordered. Now that I've worked there I will probably never eat there again.
Pros
Job security (?)
Cons
Pretty much everything else
11 March 2019

We would appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you on the comments made here as they do not coincide with our standards and policies. Please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com as soon as possible. We look forward to being able to speak with you directly about these concerns and have the chance to follow up with the location you worked at.

Busy Workplace but fun staff
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 March 2019
Typically a busy workplace, seating usually 200 or more.

I have learned a lot about the kitchen industry, and how fast paced you have to work. I have also learned how to encourage others on how to be better.

The managers are all great and easy to talk too.

Hardest part of the job is being short on people to work shifts. I sometimes work 9-10 days in a row

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people are all very friendly
Rewarding Workplace with fantastic people
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 February 2019
The Keg was the best possible job I could have had while I was a student. The scheduling was very flexible, allowing me to coordinate my school and work schedules with ease.

While at work, everyone works hard and as a team, from the hosts all the way to the dishwashers. Everyone I worked with were pleasant and I made many friends during my time there.

The work itself was fast-paced and very rewarding. Whilst only getting paid minimum wage, there was a huge opportunity for making supplementary income via tips.

The training was some of the longest I've had in my serving career, but you hit the floor confident in both food and drink knowledge. Managers also keep you up-to-date on product changes, as well as quiz you to ensure you continue to know your stuff.
Pros
Great culture, great money
Cons
Long nights, no breaks
not a great place to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2019
not a great place to work.
managers harasses you whenever you have overtimes.
they dont give you enough pay
they were editing your time in and time out to save their labour hours
Pros
free potatoes
Cons
short hours depends on the day
11 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience working with us. We would appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you on some of the comments you've made here- please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 February 2019
The Keg was the best part-time job i had while i was in University. I learned so much from the keg and I apply it to my new job today.
From my communication skills to how i present my self. The keg has honestly taught me so much and i will forever be grateful to have been a employee for the past 6 years.
Busy fast paced atmosphere with high standards
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2019
No surprises with this multi franchise restaurant.

Great training and job description outlined.

High standards and good quality for such a large volume establishment.

Perhaps too young of staff hired with emphasis on appearance rather than skill.
Pros
Recognition for job well done.
Cons
Favoritism is obvious and results in animosity amongst employees.
Good Part-Time Job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 February 2019
Great part-time job for weekends, excellent pay for high school students. Must be very active in the kitchen to move up, have a positive attitude and a positive work ethic and you'll do fine.
Pros
Fries and Bread
Felt like a family
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2019
The Keg felt like a family since day one. the managers have such great training. I was trained in all departments (as well as all other employees) so we all knew what each other did and how difficult it could get. everyone helps each other to keep things moving smoothly.
Really Great Place to Work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 February 2019
I have so much fun working here! The management is amazing. They have really great people skill. I'm so glad to have worked here with these great people.
Pros
Free Carbs
Cons
Staff beers
A Close Knitted Work Family Makes Work Feel More Enjoyable
Dining Room and Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON6 February 2019
I have worked at The Keg for over four years. Although there are nights where you have difficult tables, it's the workplace culture that gives it it's own unique experience. You become a part of a family working at The Keg, where everyone supports one another, and coming into work can be enjoyable. Furthermore, the hours are not as long, as we typically close around midnight or 1am. It is tolerable and appropriate for a steakhouse. Management is very relatable and easy to talk to, yet they still maintain their professional stance.
Pros
Employee Discount, Fun and Relatable Management
Cons
Uniforms Could Use Some Work
Great team, unorganized management
Busser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2019
Like I said the workers are amazing, however the management act like children, they do not communicate to each other and are very unaccommodating to your work hours.
The Keg
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 January 2019
They have good steak. But the managers are awful and they will demand far too much of you for little return. Fortunately, the atmosphere and culture between the other employees is wonderful and I would recommend working here for the team dynamic.
Amazing restaurant with very professional staff
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 January 2019
The best part about working at the keg is the staff becomes your family. The management is amazing and customers always leave with a happy warm feeling
Great food, Great fun!
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 January 2019
My favorite job by far! I loved working at the keg! We worked hard but played harder which is great when your single. As a wife and a mother now, I'd 100% consider going back but just to work hard!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3