The Keg Steakhouse + Bar

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Review

View all The Keg Steakhouse + Bar reviews

The Keg Steakhouse and Bar
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2018
Serving, Bussing, Expo, Line, Dishwasher, and Salads: Serving is dealing with guests and taking orders then delivering those orders to expo which goes to line.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours

Other The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews

It's a restaurant.
Server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 January 2020
I mean, have you ever worked in the restaurant industry? Then I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. You're overworked and underpaid, understaffed and over-sat, you need to rely on tips because of the disgustingly low wages, so you can't rely on your paycheques, and you never know what your hours are going to be like. If you're a server, they'll keep you just below "full time" so that you'll never get benefits. You'll be forced to come in early to set up your section and to stay late to cash out, but you won't be paid for that time. You'll have to pay for your own server clothes, and you'll be under a lot of scrutiny for your work despite the lower-than-minimum wages. You'll need to tip out a percentage of your sales regardless of whether you even get a tip from a table, so it's always a risk. You can literally be one of the best servers they have, but they likely won't really appreciate you for it (unless you're super lucky and have a good manager, which are few and far between).
Fun but still professional workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2020
Enjoyable place to work, very welcoming management team and coworkers. Fun but still professional work environment, room for being promoted into different job positions. Employees are recognized by management team when they are doing well in there position and there are many different Keg employee appreciation events. The hardest part of the job is definitely how busy it can get during weekends, or holidays but The Keg's employees all work together to make the busy nights go by smoothly. Everything is enjoyable when working at The Keg.
Official response from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
27 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are so glad to hear you enjoy working at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar!

Although the restaurant can get busy, the relationships you build through teamwork are worth it. I'm sure your coworkers and management team are just as happy to have you on their team too!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2