The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews for Server

Best place to work as a young student
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 November 2019
The staff became family, the tips are better than many other restaurants, management was flexible with my school schedule, clients were very enjoyable to serve. While I worked there I did not receive benefits or vacation days and a challenge is you always need to be available to work evenings and weekends. It is a great place to work while going to school as you can make amazing tips and work minimal hours. I liked that the standard uniform was dress shirt and pants. I worked there for almost ten years on and off, from dishwasher to waitress.
I owe this place so much.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2019
I was with The Keg for ten years and it’s provided me with lifelong friendships and so much experience. The service industry is tough but if you’re going to give it a go, this is the place to do so.
Pros
Tips, culture, management
Cons
Late nights, irregular hours
Poor
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 October 2019
Poor company to work for don’t care about employees. Spent a lot of years sacrificing for a company that never seems to care unless you are going to benefit them in some way
Worst place to work
Lounge Server (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 July 2019
Mean managers who nit pick and micro manage. Management do not help at all when the restaurant is busy, instead yell at you to work faster. Very oppressive work environment. Other servers are lifers, are given all the good sections and do not work as part of a team. The money wasn't bad, but that's about all the joy I can muster for this job. Do yourself a favour and don't work here.
Pros
Free snacks
26 August 2019

We're sorry to hear your experience working with us wasn't great. We'd appreciate the opportunity to follow up and provide this feedback to the managers you worked with. Please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Fun Place to work
Server/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 July 2019
A great flexible place to work. It never has felt like a job and everyday I look forward to "working". A great way to pay off post secondary education.
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 July 2019
Great people, great tips. They have good staff discounts on food
Pros
free lunches
Cons
irregular hours
Great place to work and learn the restaurant business
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 June 2019
I started serving at the Keg with zero experience. The mangers make time to train you well and give you feedback on how to improve. You are working in a busy environment with a high price menu so guests expect a lot. I'm grateful to the management of the London South Keg for taking a chance on me and through their guidance I was able to provide exceptional guest experiences
Pros
The people, money and hours
Cons
Pressure to deliver
Amazing work place with good people working,
Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 May 2019
Good training very polite work place, however they gave a hard time with working two jobs at once, schedules so not always correspond to your availability which makes it difficult to work two jobs
Horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2019
I worked for the Keg full time for over 6 months in hopes of getting benefits and they fired me right before I was eligible. It’s impossible to get benefits as a server. If management doesn’t like you, they don’t even need to have a good reason to lay you off as long as they pay you one week’s worth of pay, and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it unless you can afford a lawyer. The Keg was good when I first started, then a new manager got more power and he started taking over the schedules. He plays favouritism and gives people he like more shifts and better sections. He also gets wasted at the Keg bar after work and on his days off. At the Keg cup this year he got smashed and inappropriately touched one of the staff. This manager is also condescending and yells at staff, I’ve seen him get into arguments with multiple staff. Management will always cover up for each other and if you ever bring anything up, then you’ll be on the chopping block which was what happened in my case.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Horrible management
26 August 2019

We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the details in your review. We have a zero tolerance policy to any form of harassment or inappropriate behavior. Please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Employees are valued as much as guests.
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 April 2019
The exceptional restaurant where managers are developed to treat staff with great care and respect. Standards are high, but managers do their best to provide the tools and invest in training and development, as well at create off clock events for great team fun.
Pros
Flexible schedule, managers sincerely care, work family vibe
Decent Job, Really good discount
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 April 2019
I worked at the Kingston Steakhouse and Bar as a busser.

Bussers :

1. Sort and dry cutlery
2. Fold and wrap cutlery in the cloth provided
3. Polish glassware
4. Refill glass stations
5. Polish Steak knives and refill station
6. Clear and wipe tables
7. Reset the tables in the correct order
Pros
Free Fries
Really Great Place to Work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 February 2019
I have so much fun working here! The management is amazing. They have really great people skill. I'm so glad to have worked here with these great people.
Pros
Free Carbs
Cons
Staff beers
Amazing restaurant with very professional staff
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 January 2019
The best part about working at the keg is the staff becomes your family. The management is amazing and customers always leave with a happy warm feeling
Great food, Great fun!
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 January 2019
My favorite job by far! I loved working at the keg! We worked hard but played harder which is great when your single. As a wife and a mother now, I'd 100% consider going back but just to work hard!
Great company to work for!
Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2019
Great company to work for! Management is amazing and they treat their staff family. Training is top notch, and they make sure you are set up for success. Lots of room to grow.
Amazing money
Server (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 October 2018
Hit or miss with people and management.
Make amazing money in a short amount of time
Dining room is only open till 10, no 2am nights
Good commrodery for the most part among staff
30% off wine, beer and food after work for you and 3 guests

Training takes a long time and is drawn out. You start with a 2 table section so it takes a long time to make money. Great place to work so you have to be the best. If you sick at table average you will have small sections
Pros
Great money
Cons
Training is long and drawn out
Great
Server (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC3 October 2018
It has been a great workplace for the past 6 years of my life. Very flexible and easy to work around a busy life schedule! I have met many people and friends that will be life long influences.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Money can be inconsistent
The Keg
Server (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC23 August 2018
Great place to work! Great people, lots of time to enjoy your personal life. Busy atmosphere if you like to work hard in a fun fast paced environment with a great group of people. Great money!
Pros
Great team, staff events. discounted food
27 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're sure that Indeed users will find it very helpful.

good training
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2018
Good training about procedures and code allowed for success at this job. As well good management and staff allowed for a pleasant work environment.
good staff meals.
27 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're sure you added to the positive work environment and hope that although you no longer work for us, you come and visit often.

Great
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2018
Absolutely great place to work. Money is great. team work is awesome. managers do care for staff. lots of traning available. Overall it is amazing and I recommend it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3