The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews for Dishwasher

Disgusting owner
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2019
He bullied all the staff.. he cares about making money. He dont care about staff. He is not worth it, do not apply 130 ave Se at The Keg Steakhouse. Horrible working there with owner everyday
Friendly work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 June 2019
Even though everyone is rushed as it is a popular restaurant, I've never heard someone yell nor have been yelled at. The line staff never looked down on dishwashers and always were willing to help out at the end of the night. I enjoyed working here for the little amount of time I was here.
Pros
Free Bread, side dishes
Cons
Late hours (1am at latest)
Friendly staff and management, overall fun workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 April 2019
The keg is an excellent workplace for those who enjoy interacting with others but can also handle working in a fast-paced environment. The management is extremely professional and the coworkers are incredibly friendly. Washing dishes is hard work and is not always enjoyable but the people around you easily make up for it.
Pros
Friendly staff, discount on food
Cons
Late hours, work is hard on the hands
had to work hard but was fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 March 2019
The keg got really busy and was pretty stressful but it was a good job with good people, when you work in a restaurant it’s more of a family situation you just have to get along with everyone.
Pros
40% food and free food on brake
Cons
too many dishwashers
Busy Workplace but fun staff
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 March 2019
Typically a busy workplace, seating usually 200 or more.

I have learned a lot about the kitchen industry, and how fast paced you have to work. I have also learned how to encourage others on how to be better.

The managers are all great and easy to talk too.

Hardest part of the job is being short on people to work shifts. I sometimes work 9-10 days in a row

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people are all very friendly
Good Part-Time Job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 February 2019
Great part-time job for weekends, excellent pay for high school students. Must be very active in the kitchen to move up, have a positive attitude and a positive work ethic and you'll do fine.
Pros
Fries and Bread
Top of the line employer
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 December 2018
Working with the franchise, The Keg Steakhouse + Bar was by far my favourite workplace as it’s management is very well run, and the fellow employees are extremely welcoming and friendly.
Pros
Free food, discount
Unbalanced work/life
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2018
It was really good working at the keg I met a lot of people and they all thought me a lot of thing about cooking and I feel like I can use all those things in my life. The reason why I said life/work was unbalanced its because I had school and 2 jobs it was hard to manage at the age of 17.
hello
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 September 2018
A typical day at work was very fast, hard working.
Learned to keep on going, and to memorize basically everything.
Management was okay, it was my first job so i couldn't really say.
Pros
breaks whenever you needed
Cons
over night hours (which messed up everything for me)
Worst place to work at. Great money but not a nice environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 August 2018
The money is good but the management is terrible and everyone is rude. You work way to long of hours and don't get a single break, it's all back go back shifts and they even make you work even if you've asked for the day off.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Terrible place. Everyone is so rude and the management needs to get there stuff together.
Official response from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
27 August 2018

Thanks for leaving a review, we'd love to have an opportunity to follow up with you regarding some of the concerns you mention. Please e-mail us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Great environment with great people
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 July 2018
Even for a dishwasher as myself, I still found The Keg to be a very enjoyable and productive environment to work in. This was surprising to me as being a dishwasher is not an easy or fun job typically, and while this was true at The Keg as well, I just think that is something that comes with the position and can not be blamed on them. Despite this however, the managers, the environment, the staff, and the pay made it all an enjoyable experience. It was hard work and very fast paced and busy but the work was very rewarding and never felt unfair and people were always willing to help you. The discounts both while working and on your own personal time are very nice and tip out is very generous and nice compared to other restaurants.
Pros
Opportunities to be promoted and move up in the company, given multiple breaks to help relax and stay energized through long, fast paced shifts, great management, great staff, and overall great environment
Cons
Longer hours if dishwashing, hard work
fun place
wonderful setting
great benefits
good opportunity to grow
cross restaurant training
An overall excellent company to work for.
Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 November 2017
The typical day of work is never dull, and you're always on the move. Co-workers are fun and energetic and so is the management. You're always invited to take part in work related events but never forced to do anything you're personally against. Management is very understanding and always tries to meet you in the middle. I'd have to say the hardest part of the job is getting so busy sometimes you can't get that little bit of extra stuff you wanted to get done for the next shift. Overall the whole job was very enjoyable.
Pros
Free Bread and dinner discount.
Cons
Nights can go late if it gets really busy.
Tips
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 November 2017
The really nice thing about the Keg is that even if you were working behind the scenes you would still receive a percentage of tips which i thought showed they cared more than other establishments.
Pros
free lunch and dinners
Cons
late nights
Was alright.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 September 2017
The people there were decent, managers were decent, really don't have anything too bad to say about this place. Busy but a good work environment overall
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 June 2017
It is a fast pace environment full of people who know how to keep calm under pressure. The job is based on time and efficiency. You need to beable to work under stressful situations
Awesome place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC23 June 2017
Staff worked well as a team, it was a fun environment. This was my first job and I felt I could have stayed there for a while if it didn't close down.
Pros
free meals
Cons
3 level building
Good work environment with advancement opportunities
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 April 2017
A nice restaurant setting to work in, employees tend to be agreeable and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement if desired with good work ethic and dedication.
Great and peaceful environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 April 2017
Staff are fun and they get along easy with new people, they almost make it feel like your apart of their family when you start working their, everyone's friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free drinks and sides and ofc the discount
Cons
Non
Very fun work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 March 2017
Although it could get hectic with how busy the Keg would get, it was still a very relaxed and fun working environment. The employees were very nice and fun, and management although professional, they were still trying to make the environment as fun as possible. Nothing but good things to say about my time at the Keg.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3