The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews for Cook

Will use you for summer then lay you off.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fallsview blvd18 May 2019
They say the wage is between $14.50-$15.00 an hour, helllo that is minimum wage. They also say they offer generous tip outs, if you consider 9 dollars for 2 weeks generous,, I made more delivering newspapers. Managers are idiots, they receive low wage and big tip outs (which I'm sure is not declared on taxes) don't waste your summer here, nothing to learn here.
Pros
Free steak
Cons
low tip out
The best franchise restaurant to work for, hands down.
Sauté and Appetizer Cook (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 April 2019
Of any position I have worked that didn't require some level of schooling the Keg stands as the best establishment I have ever worked for. The Keg has high standards, and a strong family morale.

Because all employees have some hand in receiving money from the tip pool, there is major incentive and benefit to working hard. The harder each individual works, the more money everyone will walk home with at the end of the day, and this amount can be considerably large depending on hours, position, and workload.

The Keg also invests in each employee by offering cross training opportunities.

If you work hard and are passionate about working here, there is recognition and opportunity for advancement.
great positive workplace
Sauté Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 March 2019
a typical day was prepping for the shift and getting your station set up then cooking. at the end of the shift I would restock and clean my station before we close. management was great, friendly and very accommodating and appreciative. hardest part was making a lot of meals at once and having them all perfect. but that was also the most enjoyable part of the job for me because I always tried to do the best I could and improve.
Pros
great staff and managment
Cons
wasnt the best pay
Awesome Workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 July 2018
Best Restaurant to work for PERIOD. Long time employee for 18 years... wasn't always a cake-walk, but the support from management and the systems used in operations are second to none.
the keg is great for young adults
1st Cook (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 January 2018
the keg is great to learn about the workings of a large restaurant so makes great experience for young people who are interested in the food service industry
Pros
cheap beer
Cons
hard work
very good work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 October 2017
i loved working at the keg when i was in Alberta. I met amazing, hardworking people. They find laughter in the most fast pace job i had ever had. Everything about this place is awesome from the management, staff and most importantly the food.
Pros
great salary, great people and free food.
Cons
long standing and heavy lifting and rush environment.
Good entry level job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC20 April 2017
Only worked here to get through culinary school, management style was poor and corporate mentality doesnt help. would not reccommend to anyone over the age of 22
fast and elegant restaurant
first cook (Current Employee) –  niagara falls18 April 2015
cook fine dining plates and delicious desserts.
the most busy restaurant in the city of niagara falls, where we do 1600 meals every saturday we great quality of canadian meats