The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews for Busser

Very excited
Busser (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 December 2019
Very good to work there I wish I could come back to work for summer If I am free , Monday- Thursday is mostly quite and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are busy that’s why we need more people
Fast-paced and stressful, yet rewarding
Busser (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 October 2019
Management was for the most part very good. Working as a busser was very fast-paced and did not have time for breaks throughout most shifts. The people I met were very great people and the community was very fun.
Great first job
Busser (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 April 2019
The staff are very friendly and fun to work with. The management isn't the best but for the most part they are nice. They welcome everyone in a positive way and encourage their staff to be the best they can be.
Great co-workers and great food.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 March 2019
Must be quick on your feet and be prepared for a long shift, thankfully the shift goes by relatively quickly because of the great people I worked with.

You get free food and great off duty discounts that cover three other people when you go in and eat.
Great Place To Work
Busser (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 March 2019
Great place to work and balance two job lifestyle, great for part time & students. Great atmosphere and a family feel, many events and parties to make you feel comfortable with your coworkers.
Great team, unorganized management
Busser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2019
Like I said the workers are amazing, however the management act like children, they do not communicate to each other and are very unaccommodating to your work hours.
Great Place to work
Smartcentres Cambridge - Busser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 October 2018
I made some of my closest friends working here. The work place was always busy- but was always a good time working there. The people made working there fun.
no breaks and long hours
Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 August 2018
I was a busser at the keg for over a year. nobody gets breaks, often I would work 8+ hours with no breaks, yet they deduct money from your pay check as a break.The hours are very unfair, you never know when you are going to be done a shift, the managers just let you go when they don't need you anymore for the night.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no breaks, long hours, all holidays
Good Place for restaurant experience and food services
Restaurant Busser (Current Employee) –  South Surrey, BC19 July 2018
I learned a lot at this place, from cleaning and setting tables, to shining glassware and cutlery, I get to see what life in the kitchen is really like, and the environment of the different positions, like dish washing and serving for example. Ti[s are great, and the people you work with are the same.
Pros
good tips
Cons
no breaks, not so much shifts.
Official response from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
27 August 2018

Thanks for leaving such a great review! It's important to us to ensure all of our staff are getting appropriate breaks- please e-mail us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com so we can learn more and help address any issues you may be having.

awesome place to work with awesome staff members
Busser (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB13 June 2018
I absolutely adore my job here. When I first started everyone was so welcoming. Now I feel like part of the Keg family. The atmosphere is amazing and everyone is so friendly.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
hard to get weekends off
Great people-oriented place to work and make friends
Host/Busser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 March 2018
Love working here because the environment is very friendly. Nobody expects more from you than you can give, and you have the option to move up to different job positions by working there long enough.
Pros
Friendly environment, tips
Cons
Shorter-ish hours
productive fun place to work
Street - Busser, Expo, Host (Current Employee) –  North Delta, BC10 February 2018
The keg has given me more growth opportunities then i could imagine, and still challenges me in the best ways. I have learned more about myself from working in this company while being around such a great environment, and i'm grateful for it.
Flexible schedule
Busser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2018
Fast paced with a good atmosphere most of the time. People tend to be under stress more often than other types of occupations as the deadlines are constant and the tasks that are needed to be done are numerous.
Perfect Company
Busser (Current Employee) –  Vancouver26 August 2017
The best and the unique Steakhouse in Vancouver BC
productive and fun workplace
Busser/host (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2017
Great staff, Great management, they have fun partys ! And the customers that come In are great, I would recomend working at the keg on Granville island any day!
Great work experience
Busser (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 August 2017
My job was the maintain a clean environment for customers, and engaing in coversation if neccasary. A typical day was chaotic and fun yet very long everyone was very friendly.
Pros
40% off on food
Cons
Late nights
very fun to go and have dinner with friends and family
Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 June 2017
The keg in a very loving place to go and have a nice time with friends and family, the servers are very kind.The work place is very clean and the manager does swear sometimes but other then that the keg is a very well kept place and they will come out with your food very quickly
Pros
good hours
Cons
managers swear alot
family like
Busser (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 June 2017
At the keg, the employees make you feel like family, the management was always accommodating, especially since I was a college student at the time of working there, which was fantastic.
Pros
Tips
Busser (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 April 2017
good discounts
Great place to learn and improve skills
environment is alright
Management is great
the food is very good, i recommend anybody to go there.
Nice place
Busser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2017
Good staff, nice managers, fast paced environment can be stressful to some but its an exhilarating job for energized, enthusiastic people also discounts on food is a great thing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3