The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews

Good first hosting job
Part time hostess and busser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 May 2018
if you are well experienced in the restaurant industry you might not like working here because you may feel like you aren't getting enough for your work ethic but i enjoyed my time working here and it has changed my work preference.
Keg
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB23 May 2018
I absolutely adored working at the keg... until we got a new manager and i just couldnt handle her absolutley rude and power hungry ways. She played into favourites way too blatently.
Best restaurant I ever worked for
Server/Bartender/Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
Best people, they care about their employees. I became a better person working here. Kegger culture is something that you will carry with you for the rest of your life. Busy, lots of money to make.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, free food
Cons
One of the best places I've ever worked
DINING ROOM SERVER (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 May 2018
This company is one of the best managed, personnel friendly companies I've ever been a part of. The management team is unreal and does everything they can to keep a happy staff
Overall a good job
Server (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 April 2018
I've worked for the Keg for 6 years. It's the only restaurant I know of that offers benefits to hourly employees (assuming you meet the minimum weekly hour requirements). The culture is decent overall, they have lots of staff events to encourage staff to make friends and build a strong team relationship.
Pros
40% of food and alcohol, staff events, flexible schedule
Cons
Bit of a boys club in upper management, we had a pretty abusive manager for over a year that no one would deal with despite many complaints, eventually he was just transferred to a different store.
Fun workplace
Trainer & Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Perfect for attending school and working full time, super flexible. Very accommodating. Great, fun place to work. Excellent company, and team events and experiences to be shared.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no benefits
Good First Job for Highschool Student.
Cook/Dishwasher, Host (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 April 2018
Management was great, co-workers were friendly and everyone shared common interests.Overall the food taste great, and it's a good job to get into the food industry.
Pros
Free Food, Discounted Food
Cons
Late Closes, Early Starts.
The best restaurant I have ever worked in and for.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2018
The Keg is a fun, fast paced environment that is managed very well. A clear indication of why The Keg is such a successful establishment. Not only taking care of their gusts they take very good care of their employees.
Pros
Quick shifts
Cons
Working evening
Awesome place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 April 2018
Definitely the best job I've ever had, the management was amazing, staff was full of life and the food and drinks were to die for. I would want to come to work and I was happy when I was there.
Loved this job
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON16 April 2018
Loved working for the keg, it was one of the few "well oiled machines" of the restaurant business. I've worked in many other restaurants and by far the keg stands at the highest for teamwork and quality, among the food and it's employees. I'm going to miss it but I cant make serving a career, so I must move on.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Long hours on your feet
great place to work
Bartender/ Server/ Floor Walker (Current Employee) –  regina centre crossing14 April 2018
i love working here. management is great.they are truly open to hearing problems and offer solutions. they work around my busy schedule and family needs.the staff is great. ive made many new friendships through this place.. the training is comprehensive and valuable their training path makes it so you have all the necessary tools needed to succeed. love the atmosphere and all the perks.
fun and friendly place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 April 2018
All the staff always get along great ad the atmosphere of the restaurant as a whole is fun and inviting. The training period while long is easy and geared to work to the comfort level of new employees., ensuring they learn all they need to know to be successful as a keg server.
Pros
friendly and fun
Cons
limited shifts during slow times
Fun workplace, and very polite staff.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 April 2018
Typical day at The Keg starts with the overall cleaning of the building. This included washrooms, dining areas, floors, windows, and dusting. Once completed, any extra maintenance being repairing small leaks, scratches in the walls, exchanging light bulbs, and snow clearing if needed had to be done. After that, I would be passed a list of materials if needed by my manager, and would have to go and retrieve the items for the restaurant for that particular day and night. Every Friday, would be the pick up for the alcohol for the restaurant. I would leave in the cubed van, and make my way to the appropriate stores, and pick up what they need, or had already pre-ordered.

The management was very easy to get along with, and cooperated with you if you needed them too. The staff was also very polite and easy to get along with.
great place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 April 2018
Working at the Keg has been the best experience of employment i have had. A lot of perks and great staff. Friendly, fun, and upbeat environment. Must be outgoing.
Pros
short shifts, discounts
Cons
unpredictable money
Good place to work, lots of fun and tons of learning opportunities
Busser, Food Expediter (Former Employee) –  Edmoton7 April 2018
Good guidance from a red seal journeyman Heavy duty mechanic. Always willing to help. Company has a strong emphasis on safety which is big bonus. Monday to Friday gig made a very good work life balance
Pros
Casual volunteer work
Cons
n/a
Felt overworked, underpaid
Meal Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Often felt overworked and underpaid. Felt that the kitchen was understaffed. Day started very early, often did not take a break in order to avoid staying more than 8 hours. Went home completely drained.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Long hours, exhausting.
Busser/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 March 2018
Fun environment nice people, management is nice and good, kinda hard to move up as they sometimes they like to bring in new people instead of training people that asked to be moved up.
Cons
Boring
Bartender's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
This is a great place and im writing this because it is required. They are making me write even more about this review fortunately the minimum amount is 150 so now im done.
Great place to work! Work hard and play hard.
Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 March 2018
I started with Keg Steakhouse in the kitchen, but was later moved into management. It was an introduction for me into the world of front of house management after years of running kitchens. The programs in place for instruction were wonderful, from the introductory positions right through into management. The culture is very much work hard, play hard. Staff incentives are set up to ensure the work you put in gets noticed. Being a food service environment, you do run into difficult situations with service and quality issues. Best part of the job is being able to come to work, talk steak, talk wine, and get paid to do it.
Pros
Great staff discounts, fun atmosphere, well trained managers
Cons
High expectations with value perception, summer slow season is variable
Fast paced environment, good for training employees in the kitchen, and great food
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 March 2018
The workplace environment was good, and the food was great. Frequent staff events throughout the year helped to keep team morale and cohesion high. Would recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3