The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews

Great working atmosphere, fun restaurant
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC12 August 2018
I worked there for many years. Always was surrounded by great people. Lots of freedoms in the workplace, allowed to be yourself and do what you wanted (within reason). Great food, great job perks, very friendly staff and approachable management. Wish it was still up and running so I could go back and visit. The team mentality ran deep there. Lots of morale boosting by management and staff alike. I've worked in a few kegs, and Kamlooops was easily the most welcoming and enjoyable.
Pros
free food, good looking girls all around, fun culture
Cons
the work hours, but that's what you sign up for.
Not the best place to work
Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 August 2018
When you work at this place you felt like you were back in high school with all the cliques and girls who would talk about you behind your back. Management was no better. I mean you had a few good employees and management but overall they were not the best.

The bar manager in particular was the worst, always yelling at employees and just making them feel useless, they felt like they were the big cheese and you were nothing but a piece of dirt.
Great
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2018
Absolutely great place to work. Money is great. team work is awesome. managers do care for staff. lots of traning available. Overall it is amazing and I recommend it
Great environment with great people
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 July 2018
Even for a dishwasher as myself, I still found The Keg to be a very enjoyable and productive environment to work in. This was surprising to me as being a dishwasher is not an easy or fun job typically, and while this was true at The Keg as well, I just think that is something that comes with the position and can not be blamed on them. Despite this however, the managers, the environment, the staff, and the pay made it all an enjoyable experience. It was hard work and very fast paced and busy but the work was very rewarding and never felt unfair and people were always willing to help you. The discounts both while working and on your own personal time are very nice and tip out is very generous and nice compared to other restaurants.
Pros
Opportunities to be promoted and move up in the company, given multiple breaks to help relax and stay energized through long, fast paced shifts, great management, great staff, and overall great environment
Cons
Longer hours if dishwashing, hard work
Awesome Workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 July 2018
Best Restaurant to work for PERIOD. Long time employee for 18 years... wasn't always a cake-walk, but the support from management and the systems used in operations are second to none.
Good Place for restaurant experience and food services
Restaurant Busser (Current Employee) –  South Surrey, BC19 July 2018
I learned a lot at this place, from cleaning and setting tables, to shining glassware and cutlery, I get to see what life in the kitchen is really like, and the environment of the different positions, like dish washing and serving for example. Ti[s are great, and the people you work with are the same.
Pros
good tips
Cons
no breaks, not so much shifts.
great work environment
Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2018
great experience overall. excellent pay fun atmosphere to work in. flexible hours. allowed me to finish university and work at the same time. lots of team building activities. worked there for more than 10 years.
Good company to work for
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2018
Good company to work for. Suited for young adults who can work nights and be on their feet in a fast-paced, always evolving environment.

Not suited for those who want a slower paced job.
Pros
Good pay
86 Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON11 July 2018
Would probably still be working there if I didn't decide to go to school and start a career. I enjoyed the customer service aspect of the job, my coworkers, the structure of the restaurant. The only thing I had issues with, and most people had issues with, was management. If there were better opportunities and the ability to make serving at the keg a career I would've made it work. Overall it was a good job. Definitely one I miss.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Not knowing when you'd be finished work or how much you'll make.
looks great on a resume
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 July 2018
As a hostess at The Keg I would greet guests and create conversation as I walked them to their table. I was also responsible for making reservations as well as setting and clearing tables as needed.
Ok for part-time
Line cook / Expediter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2018
This job is ok while your in school or just want some extra cash. They do what they can to make sure you don't get benefits. worked for 5 years and make minimum wage.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
no chance to further career
fun enviroment
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB29 June 2018
the keg steakhouse and bar is a really great place to work because of the culture ive met some live long friends there and i would highly recommed the keg to anyone
Pros
keg culture
Professional and classy workplace
Head Host (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 June 2018
My overall 4 years at the Keg were great, would not have changed my decision to make the Keg my first job. It taught me many different skills such as time management, customer service, how to be positive and it created my "want to please" attitude. Some nights the hours were long but you wouldn't have noticed unless you watched the clock because it was constantly busy. Management was helpful and attentive to any problems we may have had. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep a positive attitude in times of stress and the most enjoyable part was working with the employees and helping guests because the staff members were all helpful and happy and the guests always showed their appreciation.
fun place
good opportunity to grow
cross restaurant training
it was rough
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 June 2018
working for the niagara falls keg was one of the hardest kitchen jobs ive had so far.
there was lots for my department to do. we had to prep all the ingredients and some of the meals for the night.
starting at 8am and wouldnt be done work sometimes till about 7-8 at night. i remember work a 15 hour day during the summer.
management wasnt the greatest. they only saw you as an employee and not as a human being.
Productive, good place of work and friendly
Busser and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 June 2018
It was a good place for a first or second job. Although if you are not planning to be in the kitchen industry then this job is good for a short amount of time that someone can use.
Pros
We get a Staff Menu
Cons
No cut times
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 June 2018
The richmond hill Keg is an amazing place to work. The work culture is great; everyone is so friendly and helpful. The Keg gives back to their employees through outside events such as sports and staff parties. They pay hosts and servers the usual to start but the tip out is usually pretty good. Management is very friendly and approachable. I really enjoy working here.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes
Fun and productive place to work
Busser/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 June 2018
the best place to work.good people and fun environment.great place to make money.The management is good,they respect everyone and treat everyone equally.
awesome place to work with awesome staff members
Busser (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB13 June 2018
I absolutely adore my job here. When I first started everyone was so welcoming. Now I feel like part of the Keg family. The atmosphere is amazing and everyone is so friendly.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
hard to get weekends off
Great
Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC8 June 2018
Great place to work, I have always had a amazing time working at the Keg and would recommend this restaurant to anyone. It is nice to work with great staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3