The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews

The managers are great and the pay is good
Busser/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON14 October 2018
Negatives: very cliquey .If you don’t fit in the cliques you get treated poorly.Some of my coworkers intentionally excluded me and/or ignore me.Often my coworkers will avoid working with me eg: If I start working in the back they will avoid going back there all together or try to get me to work on the floor so they can stand back and gossip and will only talk to me if it’s 100% necessary.It makes me very uncomfortable !They also don’t give breaks!

Positives:The tip out is great!I get a fair number of hours.I like the managers .The 40% off food is sweet
Pros
Great tip out
Cons
Cliquey coworkers
Good expirance
Prep Cook/ Reciever (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 October 2018
Was good job until the minimum wage increase happened and that's when things went sideways and I felt like I was being forced out. I didn't want to leave but I felt like I had no other choice.
Great
Server (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC3 October 2018
It has been a great workplace for the past 6 years of my life. Very flexible and easy to work around a busy life schedule! I have met many people and friends that will be life long influences.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Money can be inconsistent
Amazing place to work!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC25 September 2018
The Keg truly treats their employees like family! Having been apart of an opening team for one of the locations I can say that everyone worked together really well and management communicated with us constantly so any disorganization was easy to overcome.
Great company to work for
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
Team played day to day work environment. Constant support from management team and co-workers. A caring team, almost like working with family every day.
its a good place to work
Culinary Staff (Former Employee) –  york street16 September 2018
its awesome.i would give it a 5.i had so much fun working there. management was amazing.staffs are good.there are different type of jobs here.. you can work all your way up to the top.
Nice work atmosphere and consistent work
Grande Prairie - hostess/busser (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 September 2018
The Keg is different than most restaurants I have worked in. There is a lot of stress on doing things to the "Keg Standard." However, despite that, they worked very hard to build teamwork and co-worker relationships. There were always opportunities to go to events with co-workers to build team relationships. Overall felt like working for a family.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
New Management
Fast Paced
Fine dining server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 September 2018
Highly efficient work place model, great customer service and staff that really care about how their guests are doing on their night out. The amount of drinking that goes on behind the scenes is something else though.
First Job
Lead Hostess, Busser (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON5 September 2018
The Keg had blessed me with my first interaction with dining, but Keg style dining. Initially I was hired as a busser, but proved myself into eventually being a lead hostess. The Keg taught me how to keep composure under pressure, how to manage guests in an efficient and proper manner. As well as giving me the tools to be able to be a strong hostess; able to run the board any day of the week. I was also one of the two hostesses taking part in New years evening and Valentines day events. Managing up to 7 hosts at a time.
Fun place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 September 2018
Great people fun environment, opportunity for advancement, extremely flexible schedule. If you can handle a high stress face paced environment it is a great job
hello
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 September 2018
A typical day at work was very fast, hard working.
Learned to keep on going, and to memorize basically everything.
Management was okay, it was my first job so i couldn't really say.
Pros
breaks whenever you needed
Cons
over night hours (which messed up everything for me)
Productive, fun, and busy environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Surrey-White Rock, BC31 August 2018
Everyday is something new, people are coming in to eat and drink a nice meal, it makes you want to give them a good experience. The staff is like a family, always making sure that you're alright or if you need anything. You are never feeling like you're bored or have nothing to do. Most amazing company to work for.
Pros
Staff discounts
no breaks and long hours
Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 August 2018
I was a busser at the keg for over a year. nobody gets breaks, often I would work 8+ hours with no breaks, yet they deduct money from your pay check as a break.The hours are very unfair, you never know when you are going to be done a shift, the managers just let you go when they don't need you anymore for the night.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no breaks, long hours, all holidays
Worst place to work at. Great money but not a nice environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 August 2018
The money is good but the management is terrible and everyone is rude. You work way to long of hours and don't get a single break, it's all back go back shifts and they even make you work even if you've asked for the day off.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Terrible place. Everyone is so rude and the management needs to get there stuff together.
27 August 2018

Thanks for leaving a review, we'd love to have an opportunity to follow up with you regarding some of the concerns you mention. Please e-mail us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Great workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2018
The Keg provides lots of social events and hospitality catered towards employees. They always protect and look after all of their employees. It is a job that revolves around their staff producing efficiency to garner more customer satisfaction.
The Keg
Server (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC23 August 2018
Great place to work! Great people, lots of time to enjoy your personal life. Busy atmosphere if you like to work hard in a fun fast paced environment with a great group of people. Great money!
Pros
Great team, staff events. discounted food
27 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're sure that Indeed users will find it very helpful.

Fun, Fast paced and friendly restaurant
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC22 August 2018
The Keg , in my experience, offers flexible hours, competitive pay and a family for life.

There is room to move up with experience, including up to management positions. Staff are friendly and open and the work wholly satisfying.

All in all, once a kegger, always a kegger.
Pros
flexible hours, room to move up and expand your skills
Cons
long hours, fast paced and stressful environment
good training
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2018
Good training about procedures and code allowed for success at this job. As well good management and staff allowed for a pleasant work environment.
good staff meals.
27 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're sure you added to the positive work environment and hope that although you no longer work for us, you come and visit often.

Great Employer
Dining Room Server, Bartender (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 August 2018
Working for the Keg is great, I have made many new friends working there for the past 3 years. I worked at The Keg previously and decided to go back. Highly Recommend
Fun productive environment
Dishwasher -Food Running -Cook (Current Employee) –  North Delta, BC19 August 2018
Great place to work, fun, friendly staff. Great discount, Great managers.
every day is full of laughs and good times
You can listen to music while working
Pros
40% off food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3