The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2019
Great company to work for! Management is amazing and they treat their staff family. Training is top notch, and they make sure you are set up for success. Lots of room to grow.
Amazing place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2018
Hands down top company in canada to work for. Such a family orented company. Always looming to better you as an employee. Always having available needs for you to grow in the company
Best Company Ever!
DINING ROOM SERVER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 December 2018
I loved working for The Keg. High energy environment with amazing staff. Their most important rule is ensuring that the customer has the Best Customer Experience and that's what makes all our customers coming back!
Tough work but with great colleagues
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 December 2018
The job was tough, they expected a lot but gave little in return.Colleagues were the best part of the job, made lifelong friends and made work a lot more enjoyable.
Top of the line employer
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 December 2018
Working with the franchise, The Keg Steakhouse + Bar was by far my favourite workplace as it’s management is very well run, and the fellow employees are extremely welcoming and friendly.
Pros
Free food, discount
The Keg Steakhouse and Bar
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2018
Serving, Bussing, Expo, Line, Dishwasher, and Salads: Serving is dealing with guests and taking orders then delivering those orders to expo which goes to line.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
Well Done
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  hamilton area11 November 2018
Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.

This is a very safe place to check to see how green the grass is.
Come with a passion for service, and hospitality and you will do very well.
Pros
Cons
your standards will only go up
Unbalanced work/life
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2018
It was really good working at the keg I met a lot of people and they all thought me a lot of thing about cooking and I feel like I can use all those things in my life. The reason why I said life/work was unbalanced its because I had school and 2 jobs it was hard to manage at the age of 17.
Fun place to work
Dining room server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 November 2018
Fun people
Great food,
Great service and amazing place to work.
They treat staffs very well.
People are well trained and very knowledgeable about the food, wine, what they do.
Great Crew, Great Management, Awesome Hours
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC31 October 2018
Started out in the Dish pit and worked my way up to Plating with in the first few months.

Good for those that need an evening job, as its hours are generally from 4pm to 11pm.

Hardest part of the job is holidays, as those will put you through stress tests like you wouldn't believe.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the energy and atmosphere.

Got to know the crew back in 2014 and worked with them for five months.
Pros
Food is amazing, Management is the best, Location is close to the busloop on Prideaux
Great Place to work
Smartcentres Cambridge - Busser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 October 2018
I made some of my closest friends working here. The work place was always busy- but was always a good time working there. The people made working there fun.
Amazing money
Server (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 October 2018
Hit or miss with people and management.
Make amazing money in a short amount of time
Dining room is only open till 10, no 2am nights
Good commrodery for the most part among staff
30% off wine, beer and food after work for you and 3 guests

Training takes a long time and is drawn out. You start with a 2 table section so it takes a long time to make money. Great place to work so you have to be the best. If you sick at table average you will have small sections
Pros
Great money
Cons
Training is long and drawn out
Amazing place to work
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB29 October 2018
Cons: unpaid breaks.
Pros: discounts.
Pros: amazing management.
Pros: tipouts.
Pros: 3-6 hour shifts.
Pros: lots of money made.
Pros: I love the people I work with.
1 November 2018

I'm glad you're enjoying your time with us! All of our locations follow provincial guidelines on paid breaks, if this is not happening for you we would appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you, please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

A great Place to Work
Senior Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 October 2018
The Keg is full of like minded and positive people. They take great care of their staff and set the standard for what a chain restaurant should be. A great place to work.
Pros
People are Great
Cons
Working Nights
Fun Workplace
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2018
Excellent work culture. Great place to work while in school or attempting to work two jobs. They are very flexible and understanding and cooperative.

It's a fun place to work, with many staff events, and teams to help create a sense of teamwork.
Pros
excellent staff discount and flexibility
Cons
no benefits
Good place to work, if you make into the inner circle.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 October 2018
I worked at the keg for a few months now and although it is a fun, fasted paced place to work sometimes, others its more like being in high school again. Management picks favourites the way teachers would in school. Those of us who aren't favoured have a much harder time. There is a inner circle amongst management and staff which includes the branch manager, those who are favoured 'get away' with much more than those who aren't and also get the added benefit of feeling comfortable in their work environment, having more leniency when it comes to clocking in on time and wearing the correct uniform. The staff who are close to management get much more respect and understanding versus those who aren't. Management has a tendency to let things slide for some people but not others. Also if they have you in a position which you're doing your job perfectly they will not move you up in fear of losing a quality worker.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
dramatic work environment
1 November 2018

It's important to us that everyone feels comfortable in their work environment and that those fun, fast paced shifts you mention are the norm. We'd appreciate having an opportunity to follow up with you, please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

The managers are great and the pay is good
Busser/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON14 October 2018
Negatives: very cliquey .If you don’t fit in the cliques you get treated poorly.Some of my coworkers intentionally excluded me and/or ignore me.Often my coworkers will avoid working with me eg: If I start working in the back they will avoid going back there all together or try to get me to work on the floor so they can stand back and gossip and will only talk to me if it’s 100% necessary.It makes me very uncomfortable !They also don’t give breaks!

Positives:The tip out is great!I get a fair number of hours.I like the managers .The 40% off food is sweet
Pros
Great tip out
Cons
Cliquey coworkers
1 November 2018

Having a positive atmosphere while working is very important to us, if this isn't the case for you, we would love to have an opportunity to follow up- please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com. We would also appreciate being able to discuss taking breaks while at work and can follow up with your management team if you feel you're not being given the time to take a break.

Graet place to work and grow.
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2018
Once a kegger always a kegger! It is a great company to work for and develop. Great culture and from day one to you're part of the family. Great attention to exemplary guest service and quality.
Good expirance
Prep Cook/ Reciever (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 October 2018
Was good job until the minimum wage increase happened and that's when things went sideways and I felt like I was being forced out. I didn't want to leave but I felt like I had no other choice.
1 November 2018

We would appreciate the opportunity to hear about your experience, please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Great
Server (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC3 October 2018
It has been a great workplace for the past 6 years of my life. Very flexible and easy to work around a busy life schedule! I have met many people and friends that will be life long influences.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Money can be inconsistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3