The Job Shoppe Employee Reviews

Caring, kind and friendly employment search help. Great customer service, communication and effort put forth by the whole team! Thanks Job Shoppe!
Stevedore aboard (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 February 2019
Needed employment and secured one quickly. Helped me gain work of my preference and preferred shifts. Any issue I had were responded well and in complete by staff.
Pros
on call jobs
Cons
short notes shifts
Great place to find work!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2019
The Job Shoppe helps clients and candidates with finding work and they do a good job at it! The staff is great and everyone is doing their best to help!
Pros
Weekly Pay
Good opportunity.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON29 January 2019
They provided me with a summer job while in college. The whole process from start to finish was informative and prepared me for what I expected in the manufacturing job I received. Thank you.
Excellent Employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2019
The Job Shoppe has provided me with an excellent opportunity where my opinion is heard. I have been provided the tools to do my job and I am acknowledged for a job well done.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrator, Recruitment & Placement (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2019
Working at The Job Shoppe is a newer experience for me and so far I am loving it. The feedback I get from my manager is extremely constructive and relevant to what I need. The atmosphere is very inviting and I am very excited to be a part of a team that values my individual input.
Pros
Enjoy the work you're doing
Cons
Going home at the end of the day.
Amazing Forward Thinking Company!
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2019
I have only been with The Job Shoppe for 6 months, but I am extremely impressed with this organization overall. The owners are directly involved in the operations and truly care about their team members. For an organization that is 15 years old I am most impressed with their efforts in ongoing improvement.
Pros
Great Team Members
Great Company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 January 2019
The Job Shoppe has been one of the best employers that I've ever had. Everyone on the Job Shoppe team goes out of their way to make sure your experience with the company is great. They try their best to accommodate all their employees, they're quick to answer phone calls, emails, and text messages, and they treat all their employees fair and respect everyone. i would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for a job.
Friendly Workers and very clean
Packaging Associate (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON3 December 2018
I started labelling packages and doing paperwork, it's good work for pretty good pay. The place is always spotless, so it's a nice environment to be in.
Do not go with the job shoppe
Na (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 October 2018
The job shoppe will discriminate based on your gender, disability. They discriminate if they assume your colorblinded when your not. That's against the law. They say they're hiring but only take students or their kind. Do not waste your time at the job shoppe in Windsor. Also they advertise they have csr protons, its a lie.
Pros
Cons
Waste of gas and time
11 October 2018

The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. We match our candidates with the right position based on the requirement of the client. We are sorry you feel that we did not meet your needs. If you would like to speak with us, please call our office at 226-773-0452. Thank you

Not worth it
Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 July 2018
Going in to find a job or working for them is not worth it. They say they "always" have openings but it's rare to get placed somewhere long term. Usually only one day contracts. There are better places to go. They are very unorganized. Bad experience.
24 July 2018

Thanks for your comments. For clarification, The Job Shoppe staffs for a variety of clients, each of them have their own criteria and timelines. We currently have both short-term and long-term positions and we place candidates based on their qualifications and availability. We are sad to hear that you feel that you did not have the best possible experience with us. We would like to learn more about your situation and how we can improve. Please contact us at 226-773-0452. Thank you

They treat their employees with respect
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 July 2018
I worked for The Job Shoppe for over 3 years and they have always treated me with respect and had a genuine interest in me and my family. The owners even purchased gifts for my kids at Christmas. The only reason I left was my family moved to another city. Keep inspiring your employees, you inspired me.
Pros
Go above and beyond they care about you and your family
Cons
Wish they had an office where I now live:(
recruiter (Former Employee) –  ontario14 July 2018
Fun
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 July 2018
Management were upbeat and easy going dedicated to their work...They tried hard to fit you with a proper position...Did't have enough companies to draw from
Pros
A job, It was work
Cons
A job
they are an OK place when they don't mess up
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 June 2018
they have good placements and they are usually consistent and nice but sometimes you can feel like they are mismanaged or not communicating effectively between themselves sometimes they even forget to call the onsite supervisor or they person being placed to inform them of shift cancellations or time changes
i don't believe its malicious just bad communication / human error
overall 3/5 if not for errors easily 4+
Pros
lots of options minimal hassle
Cons
inconsistent communication
25 June 2018

We truly appreciate your feedback. We take communication very seriously and we're sorry to hear that your experience wasn't 100% positive. We are continuously trying to improve our service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Great Job Hunters!
Formet Industries - Production Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 June 2018
This team can get you into placement fast. You can either love or hate where they place you and you can give them immediate notice if it's not a good fit for you; they will always keep on looking!

Paid weekly is always a great perk!
Pros
lots of job placements
Cons
wishing the placements happen much faster
Positive and Friendly Management
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario5 June 2018
Management was very good and easy to talk to and work with. From time of applying for a job to securing a job was very quick and easy with their help, they did all the hard work, I just need to commit myself and show up. Would recommend the Job Shoppe to anyone who need to find work.
Pros
Quick and Easy
Cons
They are very unorganized.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 May 2018
They are very unorganized and jumble things through the day. They have issues sticking with scheduling. The wait time to deal with them is unbearable.
Pros
Non
Cons
Very unorganized
25 June 2018

We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, we kindly ask you to email hr@thejobshoppe.com.

Temp Job
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 April 2018
I mostly got sent to factories, and mostly the same factory. Easy enough work, nice people, and I only worked weekends to pay for college.

Temp jobs are all pretty much like this. Good for side hours or extra jobs, not great careers.
30 April 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback!! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our services and your placements.

Not worth it
production worker (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON6 April 2018
they will waste your time and give empty promises. Went in for a Vistaprint orientation, they gave me a start date, then it was cancelled because there was no positions available, yet they still advertise this position.
9 April 2018

We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Unfortunately, our client has post-ponded a some of their start dates as they are experiencing a lower production volume than anticipated. We have been in communication with all candidates waiting to start and have several other ongoing opportunities. If we can help you with another position please let us know at 226-773- 0452 or email hr@thejobshoppe.com.

Has good paying jobs
Work at Vistaprint (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2018
They have good FT jobs with great pay. I had a great experience with them and would tell my friends to apply here. I get paid on time and I got a job at Vistaprint.
Pros
I got a job at Vistaprint
Cons
Had to wait 2 weeks to get called for first day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Job Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.