The Job Shoppe Employee Reviews

They are very unorganized.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 May 2018
They are very unorganized and jumble things through the day. They have issues sticking with scheduling. The wait time to deal with them is unbearable.
Pros
Non
Cons
Very unorganized
Not worth it
production worker (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON6 April 2018
they will waste your time and give empty promises. Went in for a Vistaprint orientation, they gave me a start date, then it was cancelled because there was no positions available, yet they still advertise this position.
9 April 2018

We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Unfortunately, our client has post-ponded a some of their start dates as they are experiencing a lower production volume than anticipated. We have been in communication with all candidates waiting to start and have several other ongoing opportunities. If we can help you with another position please let us know at 226-773- 0452 or email hr@thejobshoppe.com.

Has good paying jobs
Work at Vistaprint (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2018
They have good FT jobs with great pay. I had a great experience with them and would tell my friends to apply here. I get paid on time and I got a job at Vistaprint.
Pros
I got a job at Vistaprint
Cons
Had to wait 2 weeks to get called for first day
Great group of people that have a passion for helping others!
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario8 February 2018
The Job Shoppe is a great company that works ton service those in the community that need help taking that next step in life. We go out of our way to provide professional and courteous service to our valued candidates and clients.
Pros
Friendly staff and a beautiful office
Cons
Low staffing levels, stress at times
Fun workplace
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Windsor On8 February 2018
Overall a fun environment. They provide awesome knowledge and assist you with any problems you might have. The environment is really friendly and all staff member show you respect, at times it can get stressful and the hours of work are little long.
Pros
Employess
Cons
Hours of work
They are a joke
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 January 2018
I've read their poor excuses for not providing notice. Unacceptable.Everyone who goes in is a number to them, they see dollar signs as soon as they walk into the factory.
They post the same job many times a day, under different headings so people don't know its actually the same company.

layoffs are constant.

a canceled shift for full-timers always happens, but seasonal workers, they are either hired on or still working.

when you post seasonal, you let seasonal employees go First.or cancel their shifts first.

common sense
Pros
all breaks are paid(company) not job shoppe
Cons
everything they do
25 January 2018

Thank you for your comments. Your experience with The Job Shoppe and our clients is very important to us and we value your feedback.

Unfortunately, a few of our clients have had lower than anticipated production requirements which have resulted in unexpected shift cancellations. Although we work closely with our clients and candidates on positions/schedules, The Job Shoppe cannot control a change in staffing request from the client based on their needs.

We do our very best to provide real-time information to our candidates about their current assignment and utilize a variety of communication methods (text messages, emails, social media posts and phone calls) to do so. Additionally, we try to rotate cancellations to avoid a candidate from being canceled frequently as we know how cancellations can affect many aspects of the candidate's life.

We are proud to work with clients who offer full-time placements, however, The Job Shoppe does not control which candidates are offered this opportunity. Each client has a different set of criteria (seniority, performance, shift/department openings) for hiring on temporary associates and this criteria factor into the decision of the client.

We'd like to learn more about your experience and to further assist you, please contact our HR department at 226-773- 0452 or email hr@thejobshoppe.com.

They have your back
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 January 2018
I had an issue with my assignment and the job shoppe had my back. They spoke to the supervisor and made sure the situation was improved. I liked where I was working I just didn't get a long with one of the employees and the job shoppe did what they could to make me happy. I worked for another temp agency and they could care less what I was doing. Job shoppe calls me to make sure I am happy.
19 January 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback!! The Job Shoppe's number one priority is to ensure that the needs of our clients and our candidates are being met at all times. We are pleased to hear that your situation has improved and that you are happy with us. Continue the great work.

Great stepping stone for new Grads in HR, but nothing more.
Recruitment and Placement Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 January 2018
Overall, an internal HR position will give you the experience you need in the industry to get your foot in the door at a better organization.

The internal staff typically last about a year (if they can handle it) before they find something that is better or simply just quit. Meaning, that the internal staff change just as much as the employees that we are sending out to work every day.

Your day to day work there just doesn't feel like you are accomplishing anything. You will get an order and send 10 general laborers to an organization and then they order 10 more. The jobs themselves see a tremendous amount of turnover and if their employer doesn't want them back for whatever reason you have to LIE right to peoples faces and make up a reason as to why they cant go back. And then try to find them something else. It just sucked BUT, it did get me the experience in HR that built the foundation for a career and more importantly to never have to do it again, which I am thankful for.

The hardest part of this job is actually staying in this job. If you are looking to get some HR experience, I highly recommend it. It is great when you are learning new things (generally 2-3 months), but after that it all goes downhill. Management knows this and nothing changes.
Pros
HR Experience
Cons
The Job Shoppe
10 January 2018

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Here at The Job Shoppe, we are committed to providing a great work environment for our internal staff while meeting the needs of our candidates and clients. The Job Shoppe offers a succession plan allowing our internal staff to gain the knowledge to advance in their career within our organization.

As a Premier Workforce Partner, we work to fulfill the needs and requirements of our
clients while providing the right fit for our candidates. These client requirements can
occur daily and sometimes hourly based on their production needs. Recruitment is a
high paced and ever-changing environment which is not for everyone, however, during our internal process, we do highlight this for our internal staff.
Good Luck in your future endeavors and if you'd like to discuss your review further,
please don't hesitate to reach out to hr@thejobshoppe.com.

The worst Temp agency ever
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2018
I can't believe how unorganized and unprofessional these people are. They don't respond to emails, they don't let people know if their shifts are cancelled (making people drive all the way to work and then be told to go home), and they'll call to end your assignment somewhere without a legit reason. I wouldn't recommend anyone ever going to these people for employment. All they care about is hiring as many people as possible so they can make money and stay in business. If I could give less than 1 star I would, so unimpressed. Oh and on top of that, from day one they have had my first and last name spelled incorrectly, and my rep is still addressing me by the wrong first name...
Pros
They'll find you a job asap
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional, careless
10 January 2018

Thanks for the feedback and we're sorry you had this experience. Our goal at The Job Shoppe is to provide the best experience for our candidates while meeting the needs of our clients. Often our client requirements change daily and sometimes hourly based on their production needs, this can result in assignments being canceled or even ended. We work with a variety of local industries and will make every attempt to find a candidate the right position for them.

Additionally, The Job Shoppe utilizes a variety of communication methods (text messages, emails, and phone calls) to update our candidates on shift information. This is done in hopes of providing candidates with real-time updates and is aware that from time to time information may not be received due to a technical error. We apologize if this occurred to you.
We'd like to learn more about your experience, please contact our HR department
at 226-773- 0452 or email hr@thejobshoppe.com.

Would Not Recommend/High Internal Turnover
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 December 2017
The only positive experience from working with this company is that it gives you exposure to one facet of human resources - recruiting. Otherwise, the managerial structure and the expectations that are placed on the team to succeed/to check and respond to emails after hours are taxing.

If you are a new grad seeking an entry-level human resources position, it would be wise of you to avoid this organization and the staffing/temporary agency industry altogether.
10 January 2018

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Here at The Job Shoppe, we are committed to providing an excellent work environment for our internal staff while meeting the needs of our candidates and clients. The Job Shoppe offers a succession plan allowing our internal team to gain the knowledge to advance in their career within our organization.

As a Premier Workforce Partner, we work to fulfill the needs and requirements of our
occur daily and sometimes hourly based on their production needs. The Job Shoppe
does not expect our internal staff to respond to emails outside of office hours as we
employ an after-hours team which allows for a 24-hour candidate and client
communication.

Good Luck in your future endeavors and if you'd like to discuss your post further, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at hr@thejobshoppe.com.

slave labour. mangement is terrible!
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON29 November 2017
such an un organized place its not even funny. I bet that the lady I felt with is a temp on a work visa!
my placement knew she had it all wrong too
Pros
be a slave
Cons
be a slave and get let go thinking its your fault when its theirs
5 December 2017

We're sorry to hear about your negative experience. Can you please get in touch with us to discuss? We want to learn more about the issues you stated in your review. If you are still looking for work and would like us to search for a different opportunity. Please reach out and we’d be happy to help. Thanks!

Toxic Work Environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON21 September 2017
There was the constant expectation to work in the mornings, evenings and weekends outside of the office when the compensation (monetary and otherwise) was minimal.
The turnover is high, not because of the industry, but because of poor management.
Supportive staff
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON7 June 2017
They are available to be called around the clock for any reasons. They have new jobs available every day. You usually can get hired by the employer after working through the job shoppe for a while.
never again
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON3 June 2017
Staff at agency didn't listen orc care. Shorted me money and tried telling me I was paid for something when my bank statements clearly stated I didn't get the money.
Not a bad place to work.
Laborer (On an on-call basis) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 June 2017
Not a bad place to work with. They call and you pick and choose which jobs to take. Very friendly and accommodating to the ever changing schedules of life.
great place
Production/Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON24 January 2017
work is steady and good people to associate with. there a accountable company with great employees who actually care about you. remembering to call in every Monday for work is my only difficulty, I love knowing if I do that ill be working in no time!
The difficult part of my job is I have to lift up 30-36lbs package at least 40 times a day
Mailing and Sorting (Former Employee) –  447 Advance Blvd. Lakeshore9 November 2016
This factory is nice and clean, I like to work in here. I'm in Mailing and Sorting department. I like my job because I have nice team workers and supervisor. I just worry about if I can't handle it for 2 months because I have to lift 30-36lbs package from the line to a big box, at least 40 times a day. It's a physical job, I'll try my best to do that. Thank you for giving me this chance to work in Vistaprint!
Factory work
Slave (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON30 August 2016
This company is a joke they advertise jobs that don't exist low pay junk jobs how they can be proud of making money off of other people working at these waste of time jobs goes to show you that they are true human garbage!
good work environment
Press operator (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON9 June 2016
i had my position at Takumi Stamping inc.
i really enjoyed working there and the co-workers were amazing
operated a machine press for 8 hours a day, long standing hours, heavy lifting, constant bending, lifting, squatting
Great employes
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON16 April 2016
it was a great place to work for, the only down fall was being a temp and getting moved job to job, also very accommodating when it come to hours and family life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Job Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.