The Jim Pattison Auto Group

The Jim Pattison Auto Group Employee Reviews in Victoria, BC

Victoria, BC12 reviews
I started this job out as a service girl in the car wash, it was alot of fun giving i was in high school and had all my friends working with me, we washed some beautiful cars and got the experience to drive really nice cars. this job was cold and physically demanding wit tight time schedules. the job was great
Pros
nice cars
Cons
wet and cold
Good environment team organization to work with. I liked the people I worked with including my sale manager! JM is one of the best managers I had the opportunity to work for!
Official response from The Jim Pattison Auto Group
16 October 2019
Amazing Feedback! Thanks for posting this. It is so wonderful to be able to share how amazing our people are!

Krista Sinclair

Director, Human Resources
You get to experience a huge variety of work especially when you are dealing with customers and sales. This Job will never make you bored at what you are doing.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too much exposure in the sun sometimes
I use to work here and to be honest management is horrible two faced and scattered they never know what’s up or down. I feel sorry for the sales team they work hard and get screwed over. The lot staff are over worked and pushed like slaves. They are all nice up front then when you are gone the true colours show. Not to mention the training is lacking very bad there. If you are going to apply you have been warned.
Pros
Find a new job
Cons
To many to list
One of the best dealerships to work for unfortunately no room for advancement after many promises. Seniority and favourites will be picked over qualifications.
Coffee and tea in the morning, great and supportive management, a typical day in the dealership is always a fast paced lots of customers the most enjoyable part of the job is when you close a deal
Pros
great benefits, free trip to mexico
Cons
Lots of different people to interact with. Continuous education and training seminars. Profit Sharing, Benefits. Lots of fun with co workers. Learned a great deal about the product.
Pros
Regular Schedule
Cons
only on half hour lunch and no breaks
Great environment and culture to encourage staff to give the best customer service and guest experience.
Had a good schedule and was encouraged to be great.
There's a great culture established here, with older advisors willing to help along new advisors. However, if you're not established or willing to spend all your extra time out of work prospecting, it's hard to get going.
Pros
Free dinner once in a while
Cons
Two week rotation of shifts
Always treating guests and others with respect.
Learning new skills while being yourself is key.

Push your limits.

Only yield when required, but not to your daily challenges and what you think you cannot do.
worked in the service department. was very long days, the management treated staff badly, very little communication with staff, hard labour
Pros
N/a
Cons
not very freindly, very little communication with staff, not an accepting place for LGBT (insider told)
Managing the car lot from front to back.
Hiring and training staff

Co workers were all great

Most enjoyable part of my job was running the dealership and making sure my sales people were all making good money
Pros
Running a high end used lot
Cons
upper management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jim Pattison Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9