The Jim Pattison Auto Group

The Jim Pattison Auto Group Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Vancouver, BC13 reviews
I would like to see greater effort to train all managers to treat employees with dignity and respect, as well as empathy and compassion. For the most part, the senior management is great, however; junior management need to be trained to treat all employees equally, and to be empathetic to their employees who are disabled and also have a family to try to help keep a positive work life balance.
11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are always open to hearing suggestions from our people to better everyone's working experience.
If you would like to share those suggestions any further, please contact me at your convenience.

Director, Human Resources
the company is cheap they care about themselves. Not the employees if something breaks they won't fix it. They promise a raise after 3 months that didn't happen. Instead they sold the dealership to another company.
It's mostly limited to one person, but it's there. It was a great place to work though, and management there was the best of any I've had. I wanted to stay, but couldn't. my standard advice would be, stick to your workspace, and don't let people walk all over you. There's a lot to learn, and only one place to go, and that's up, and that's something you can't say about a lot of other places. If you show initiative, you will be noticed, and liked. It isn't hard, it isn't rocket science, you just have to get it done.
26 February 2020
If you would like to share those suggestions please contact me at your convenience.

Director, Human Resources
no chance for advancement and no encouragement coming from managers .a bit of a racist , gender , age. overall not a very good place to work. All they think about is how to make money ....
25 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am very concerned with the information you have provided and would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please contact me at your convenience.

2 October 2019

Director, Human Resources
If you’re homeless, here’s the place to make money to make a bit of money. Instead you’ll have no human rights. Managers will be stepping on you just like a door mat. When you’re completely exhausted, they’ll throw you out and look for replacements.
23 September 2019

Director, Human Resources
I found it really hard to work in a place that don't give you enough resources to sell. Income is good some of the months and the other months are not that good.
A good start up job if you've never had experience in the working field. Good people that encouraged you and always had a few jokes up their sleeeves. The pay wasn't that great though.
If people is a deciding factor for where you would like to work, then this company is definitely worth considering! You can't help but make great friendships at all levels within this organization.
nothing negative to say, however keep in mind you are working at a car dealership... so it does get slow on slow days. For me, the team you work with can make or break it in that environment. volvo in north van's management went above and beyond to make this work environment an enjoyable one.
Pros
lots of time to focus on your own personal projects
Cons
long slow hours
In my personal experience of working for the J.P. Auto Group for over 12 years is one of respect and integrity, they have great leadership from the top down, excellent structure with a chance for there people to advance, they care for there people, they invest in training and education, they also care for the community around them. Like any successful business you will need to apply yourself and be prepared at working hard but you will be well compensated.

May you be fortunate enough to be part of this wonderful organization.

B.T.W. I’m no longer working with them, do to a move out East for a carreer advance with a inferior Auto Group, I would Love to come back to them one day.
Pros
Too many to list, Great Leadership
Cons
Need to provide a stronger base salary for the sales staff when first starting
It was my frist experience working at a dealership, but I enjoyed it. Co-workers were pleasant, professional and quite reliable. Hardest part of the job being the constant moving & activity, but the colleagues made it worth it. Management undersanding and professional.
This job entailed serving customers, mostly by telephone inquiries, as well as filling orders for clients and technicians as well. Always got along well with my co-workers.
Pros
Ability to work and control inventory unsupervised.
Cons
Very long commute.
drive cars back and forth from other deller ships
detail all cars on lot

prep cars that have been sold ready for pick up

clean up shops

restock fluids
Pros
driving all kind of car and self managed
Cons
cold bays no heat
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Jim Pattison Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9